Stats Revamp 1.3 (Continued!)

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

I personally would not describe my hands as deadly weapons, but this game certainly does and I'm cool with that ;)
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

This is because you took examples only of DC heroes / villains.
    But if we spread the horizons and think of super beings as a whole, taking marvel, Image, and several others, the possibilities will be enormous!

Can anyone imagine Doctor Manhattan needing a weapon?
    A pistol? Shield? Sword? Or even punch someone?
    Unless he just wants to do this?
    • Like x 1
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Yeah, the supers in the movement trees are yuk. Not impressed in the slightest. Like I said the supers in the movement trees would be better served having them removed all together.
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

So I have now 9948 dominance and I spend 1 sp (after I have spent 139 sp in dominance) and I have 9973 sp while I should have 1254 dominance more...I spend 1 more sp to get 1279 dominance more but wait ...I have only 9999 dominance...What's wrong developers????

8753 precision I have, i spent 1 sp to get 100 precision but I only got 8856 precision now...Seems like there' something wrong with stats from sp people...
  5. Maxwill Committed Player

Might happen the same with other stats so please check them.
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

Why worry about Dominance if the Dominance required is much more less than you have?
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

It was hard to find even 1 useful ability from each Movement Mode.

Superspeed:
    - Vortex trap. Nice melee AoE and a stun. Damage seems good but animation cant be clipped or JC. Could be good in solos and duos. Trade off seems to be that Whirlwind Dervish is completely destroyed.
    Aerial:
    - Low Pressure. Same old AoE pull. Fire and Earth tanks' only long range option.
    Acrobatics:
    Nothing useful.

Movement Supercharges are all bad now, spending Skill Points to get these is a total waste.
    • Like x 2
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The movement powers definitely need some work. The cool downs are not very good at all.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I still think they should be powers automatically listed with powerset powers.
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

I think you're misunderstanding the skill points. The numbers shown are totals. So:
    Precision: 100 precision
    Next Skill point: 101 precision

Your next skill point will increase your total precision by 1, not by 101.

Once you spend a LOT (like 60-70) skill points in one stat, you start getting 10-15 per skill point instead of 1-2, so it starts to make a very large impact. On live I can generally get away with one skill point build for both roles on most of my alts, and don't use armories. That's harder to get away with in the test build.
    • Like x 1
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Id rather have them being purchased with Skill Points but they need to have their utility effects improved. Its kinda like Weapon Mastery combos which also need a significant buff to be worth it.

SpeedDrain, VaccumBubble and Backflip should get power regen back.

Speed and Acrobatic deserve AoE Pull.
    Speed now doesnt have any ability that is Usable While Controlled. Whirlwind Dervish cant break CC effects anymore and is Vulnerable to interruption.
    Acrobatics need better AoE. Most effects are currently reduced to narrow short range cones.
    Aerial variants are probably closest to being able to build a loadout only around movement powers. Down Draft attack should probably get a small Dot attached, it always looked like a field DoT to me.

And there should be a separate threat about Movement powers feedback.
  12. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

GUI Feedback:
    1. The stats like critical chance say % but are really showing 1/10 percent so 250 = 25%. This is really confusing to the average player and should be adjusted to show percent as the title implies which would be a lot easier to understand.

2. The tool tips for the stats appear and immediately disappear so you can't read them on the stats page

3. It is not obvious that after a certain number the bonuses from might, etc start increasing. As such the average player might add 10 might, see he's only added 10 to 7100 might and not put any more points in as it is not worth it. It would be nice to have the point brackets clearly laid out in the tool tip on the stats selection page.

Play feedback
    1. Play is not as smooth as in live and power runs out too quickly in solos and duos where a controller is not present.
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

i cant get what weapons only actually means...
    i would think it means to activate a dot or maybe the SC loader clipped with buff, cipped with a shield, then attack untill cooldowns are gone and enough power is back to start again, or untill the supercharge is ready... am i not getting it or am i do something wrong? maybe a spot in the loadout for breackout Cc, yet: even if it is called something like weapon only, i guess its clear that you will need to use powers anyways to be competitive, isn't it?
    can we get the possibility of:

1.) stack so many of the same powers in our loadouts as we want, so you could have 6 weapon buffs stacking eachother? or
    2.) you get an automatically granted weapon buff if you have no power in your loadout that can hurt the enemy (shields, buffs, sorta things would be ok)...

guess that would help!
    • Like x 1
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

Weapon Only playstyle means only using Weapons to do main damage being Weapon Combos and especially Weapon Mastery Combos. You'll use your Weapon Attack Buff (ie Wired, Ice Bash etc) to increase that damage. The use of SC like Circuit Breaker for Elec players is also a choice to use to maximize your damage out. Even using a shield to give some survivability can be placed as well.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

WM will be the main idea behind it once weapons get properly balanced. Since there's no crit bonuses anymore, there's no reason to use a power after WM, therefore it would be the staple for a weapon based play style.

I also think they're gonna expand on weapons somehow in the future.
    • Like x 1
  16. krytine Loyal Player

Sorry i cant read your post but great you put so much into it
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

he translated it later in the thread
  18. krytine Loyal Player

I do get what your saying but i do believe the hybrid style should have about a 10% damage advantage to the pft or just weapon style. But that is only my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I think the same, it doesnt matter if someone find it hard or easy to play hybrid, at the end of the day you are making more inputs than a person who only use Tray abilities.
    • Like x 2
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Circuit Braker?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.