What do you think about removing SP from the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Klinkerz, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klinkerz Level 30

Ofcourse a new system would have to be implemented, but with some compensation for people that had feats for example every 50 sp someone had they got a bonus or some currency , Main reason i'm asking this is because sp is the main thing preventing me from making many alts, i would love to have all powers , but without a decent amount of sp to farm (or buy replay tokens for feats) your alt is going to be pretty weak, what's everyone think, i know it would probably piss off all the people that farmed countless hours getting feats, but it's a turn off from making alt chars
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

lol no
    • Like x 12
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

Thumbs down.. grinding keeps me occupied
    • Like x 7
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

as soon as you give me my money spent in this game.
    • Like x 5
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

just a idea, then dont make them? Or fork out the money like we all did.
    • Like x 3
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    No. No no no no. Nooooooo. Did i mention no?
    • Like x 8
  8. Klinkerz Level 30

well i guess the people have spoken
  9. IamINC Dedicated Player

YES! DO IT!! .... said no DCUO player ever.
    • Like x 5
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not everyone...

BTW, you win the award for the worst idea ever. It wasn't just a bad idea, it was a bad idea that didn't even have a hint of a suggestion to replace SPs.
    • Like x 6
  11. Klinkerz Level 30

Yeah was just a late night thought, ****** up having only 2 chars , and not being arsed to get a third cr + sp up
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

While I am not always a huge fan of the grind involved in getting some feats your idea what call for a huge revamp of the entire game as it stands now and LOOK how long it took them to just convert back from a small amount of content monthly to quarterly content again.. and to be frank compared to a couple years ago the amount of content we got when DLC 27 finally arrive was almost as small as some of the monthly DLCs.

Way too many huge changes in this game already that have driven far too many players away for good the last thing we need is another.. Not to mention the entire TEAM is currently tied up trying to revamp the game so STATS matter. It caused the push back to ?? GOD KNOWS WHEN of water becoming an actual power set so turning around and eliminating stats entirely just doesn't work.
    • Like x 3
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Skill points should have never been tied to an achievement system. That was a downfall. They should have been strictly based on experience points that you get for competing content. It would have encouraged people to run content loot locked too because they still would have gotten something out of the run. Feats should have just been for titles, my opinion anyway. It's far too late to change anything though.
    • Like x 13
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Alts? Did you even see how many feats they gave you with the CR 100 boost?

No to this idea.
    • Like x 2
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

See what you've done you've gotten me to agree with Kid Multiverse this has never happen before.. so the answer for removing Sp from the game (NO).
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

As my mom always says "Dream on, Dream on".
    But somewhere in my mind I feel as if when everything is settled after the Stat Revamp chaos, and the Devs have the gameplay mechanics all set to where the playerbase is ACTUALLY content and everything is balanced (another 4-5 years give or take), then the Devs can once again create havoc for a while by making this shift to earning sp in content.
    Although making a thread somewhere in Gotham and diving into a full detailed explanation of this new system would be nice to see sometime. I would be quite interested in hearing your explanation of this shift.;)
    But one can only dream.
    • Like x 1
  17. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

you are aware ppl have spent 500$+ just on sp for all their toons right ?
    now im not the kind of guy who like wasting his money on a video games but those who have wll get realy mad if they do op suggestion :D
    so i vote yes :D
  18. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

With all the respect of the world ...
    But this was by far the stupidest question I've read in the forum during all these 6 years of game ...:confused:
    • Like x 3
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Im long overdue for another dragged out rant thread, we'll see one of these days :p lol
    • Like x 1
  20. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

OMG. its happened. hell must have frozen over. I...agree with this answer...lol
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.