Fix the group making I love DCUO so

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bomb, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

If you are missing support roles. Play Support.

But the answer to these problems especially at end game with AF3 content is to.........
    FORM YOUR OWN GROUP
    • Like x 1
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

If you turn off "role optional alerts" in your game settings, then you will be paired with one of each role. They don't always play these roles though because they aren't always needed. But making that difference makes things better if you end up needing one.

As far as raids go, don't just re-open the instance. Search for a player of the needed role in LFG and invite them specifically. Then you don't have to worry about getting a dozen dps's. Problems solved.

Adding a system that would account for all of the different random que scenarios would be way too complicated and time consuming, and is frankly just unnecessary.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Its in your setting and is for the que up. If you have a settings set for balanced group it first looks for someone queing your role but again if a player ques as both and then will not switch to what is needed that is on them and the group. And sorry earlier the qi i had typed was a typo while at work and did not finish what i was writing
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Don't get me wrong I agree it should be able to auto fill a raid group with the required roles. But only if there's a way to turn that off too because if I wanna que for an old raid that I can solo I shouldn't have to wait for it to find the other roles. What if not enough roles are randomly queing

5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Getting the wrong roles can be a waste of everyone's time but it is something that one has to deal with in random queues, because they are that random.

I get what you want, I really do but again I just don't see them wasting resources to create a system like this that will just ultimately have issues... especially when their is an "easy" workaround... maybe not an enjoyable one but their is one.

Just so you don't think I'm randomly throwing around "issues" for fun, I'll point out one that could happen (and since link dead has been an issue off and on since they've introduced it, well let's just say anyone should be able to see why "complicating" things that already have easy work arounds might be more of a headache than we'd want in the long run). Say they design the system and it works like you want and you end up getting the role you need to cover someone who left. Let's say it was a healer... now someone else left and the group has a healer friend who came on and they try to invite them and make the other healer dps... but now that healer is locked in their role and can't, and the healer that got invited has no DPS gear.

I would also hazard a guess that I doubt a lot of people would just be willing to stand around waiting for the right role to enter via this queue system.. most times when I've been in random raids like this that start to fall apart, if they don't end up getting what they need in five minutes, folks just often leave if they are not willing to shout in LFG to fill slots.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Well i never told someone to not voice their opinion. All i did was speak on the reality of the situation. The topic has been brought up hundreds of times over the years and rarely do we even see a response from a green name and as far as i can remember there hasnt been any changes to the system. I think its pretty clear they arent going to do anything about it or it is way down at the bottom of the priority list.
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

It's a reasonable request. If they put this kind of quality of life features in the game I would use it.

If this means a few days of work over stats revamp or capsules, I'd take the quick win. Low hanging fruits to restore some of the goodwill with players.
    • Like x 1
  8. majosea Dedicated Player

lets push for a lfg , Group invites ,tells to be expand to both factions
    that would be great .

1 it would fill the group faster than just one side
    2 you can get the roles you want
    3 not everyone want to make a alt to play with friends, if your & your friend are on different factions the only way to team up is random q
    and only for a bit of missions here & there ,

expand the lfg, expand the game[IMG][IMG]
  9. Noble One Committed Player

this is a BS answer as that doesnt fix the problem. the pug que should give what is needed to complete content, endgame or not. people have to remember not everyone plays the same and the queue system is there to help those kinds of people. dont get me wrong ill use lfg for certain things but 90% of the time i pug.

like OP stated it should fill needed roles first THEN go dps. also they need to put a warning (giant red font... 30 size) on the screen that if you go in as dps AND your role then they are fulfilling the ROLE first dps SECOND. so many times have ive been in groups were we needed a role and get the person who queue as the role and dps but are in dps stance and dont have gear for the role xD
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dunno bout the font and color but...

If you Q up as both roles.....when the black text box pops up to accept the Q.....it clearly states which of the two roles it expects you to play.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

The thing with the random que stuff is:
    Some ppl need/prefer other setups.
    Like having 2 or 1 healer. or 2 or 1 tank. So with the system it wouldn't work. Or you force into 2222 setup. What the current option does "force". But then ppl would have to only que and play the role they can/want. And as long as the community is like it is, there won't be a way to change it. Ppl want fast ques (or doesn't have any clue about roles in the early stages) so they que both roles and only play (and have gear) for one role.
    Ppl queing for other roles is a problem, but it's abotu the players here, not the DEVs.

And bringin infinite kicks back doesn't help and will just make it worse.
    If you random que deal with the ppl you get there. Even if they don't change roles they qued for. It's random que and so you get what you get and you have to deal with it. Has been like this the last 6 years and won't change.
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

The thing is, even if the instance had role lock for a queue, people would just either press T or use armory to probably DPS. And the problem with locking a role in an instance is, well, people would be p*ssed because they can't use their armory. Technically it's possible but this would angry a lot of people fsr.

And tbh, random queuing/pugging just isn't fit for this kind of gameplay.