Fix the group making I love DCUO so

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bomb, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Bomb New Player

In other words it doesn't?

And why would it be a bad idea to automate the LFG process for people who don't have a keyboard (any console users) and therefore find it a hassle repeatedly typing messages with a controller?
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

If you want a specific setup, say 3 dps and a heal, use lfg.
    If you dont care what you get, just blind Q.
    If you want a perfect group, one of each role, you can use lfg, or go into settings>game options>turn OFF role optional alerts, then blind Q.
    You're welcome.
    • Like x 4
  3. Bomb New Player

I don't want one of each role, I want to be able to invite random players of a certain role (and possibly CR/SP) using the invite feature when somebody leaves.

Everybody keeps saying LFG is the solution to my problem when part of the problem is how much of a hassle LFG is to actually use frequently/hurriedly if you don't have a keyboard when you play.

My suggestion was to take the LFG process and automate it, so that random groups can be just as effective as LFG groups.

All I'm hearing from people here is that random groups are totally broken, but it doesn't matter because LFG.... I'm saying they should take the parts of LFG that work and incorporate them into the bloody group making mechanics so that they aren't broken anymore and people don't have to use LFG to be able to do the raids without a million retries trying to find a winning group.

If you think LFG works so well, then what is so objectionable about the suggestion that they take what works from LFG and incorporate it into the actual group making mechanics that 99% of the player base actually use.
  4. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

They would have to more than likely redesign the queue system for it to even have a chance to work the way you want it too... they would also have to "force" people to actually play the role they queued up as (otherwise they could still screw with the automatic system). At the end of the day all this is really going to do though, is make queues take longer and therefore it more than likely would hurt the playerbase.

I just don't see them putting a lot of work into this.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Very simple solution to this. Form your own group. As im sure multiple people in the thread probably told u already. Dont blind queue for raids, especially at level raids or elite content. Use LFG or get friends/league mates. In 4 years of playing i have never one time done a blind queue for at level or elite content except for duos.
    • Like x 1
  6. Bomb New Player

I don't see it taking a lot of work to have an 'invite healer' option. Since as you pointed out, people actually already select the role they are queuing for, this should make it even easier. It's the exact same mechanic as the one that decides whether you have the CR or progress points to do a raid/alert. All they would need to do to make it work is turn the selected role into a variable that players can select to search for. If we want a healer, it checks whether they have the 'healer' trait, just like if I want to que for an elite raid, it checks whether I have the relevant 'progress point' trait.

Obviously it would force people to play the role they queued for. Why would this be a problem though? It's common sense for anybody with half a brain that if you que as a tank people may well ask, or even expect you to tank.

And this isn't so much about queing originally, where I have less of a problem with the randomness, as I can just leave, it's about re-opening instances when a player leaves half way through and you want/need to fill it with a specific role.

I don't see how it would have any impact on que times. If anything it would speed them up, as people wouldn't be constantly joining and leaving instances while searching for the right role.

Half the time the same player who just left ends up rejoining the instance and having to leave again because the auto que is so unfit for purpose that it just dumps them back into an alert they left because they realised a specific role was needed to win.
  7. Bomb New Player

If you read the thread I'm trying to find a solution to the fact that everybody seems to feel that blind queuing is so unfit for purpose that LFG is the only sensible way to find a winning group for top tier content.

I feel like people seem to be totally missing the point that I'm complaining about random queuing being unfit for purpose, not that there isn't a manual alternative to get around the problems it has.

You are all trying to point me to a work around I'm well aware of when I'm saying they should fix the bloody system so a workaround isn't required.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

I get what you're saying. But its been this way for 6 years. The game is 6 years old. So i highly doubt something is going to be done about and you're not the 1st person to complain about it or say it should work better or differently. So i hear your point and i do agree. Its just not gonna change. So your options are blind queue, use LFG or get league/friends.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry, but don't pug. Make your own groups. The population is not big enough to put limits on match making ques. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I had issues last night making groups for OLYr and GOMr. I only trust healers I know to solo. Every times I would get the group almost finished. One of the healers would say, I'm going dps. Umm no. You shout as a role. You stay that role fools. Every group has that dps that gets carried, this is usually the reason why. I had to kick the dude. Got another healer and did both raids in less than 30 min.

Healers have started getting the attitude trolls used to back in the day of POT measuring. You know, mine is bigger than yours. Now healers are starting the same crap.
  10. Bomb New Player

Before we could kick as many times as we liked to find the right group. If somebody had too low CR or queued for a role they didn't have, we kicked them and re-opened the instance, until we had the right role/CR or somebody to invite.

Now you can only start a vote to kick somebody once every 3 hours, or if you vote yes to kicking somebody you have a 3 hour wait as well. If the wrong person joins and refuses to leave, you can't even kick them for the first 10 or 15 mins any more.

This is the reason it's more of an issue now than it used to be a few years ago.

Ultimately though, it's a broken/outdated mechanic in a game that receives frequent updates and encourages player participation when it comes to new content. All I can do is call it out and hope they pay attention and fix it.

If not, at least I tried.
  11. Bomb New Player

It was more for re-opening groups for matchmaking than setting them up that I suggested this, although there's absolutely no point in grouping together a bunch of people who physically can't do the alert either. That's a real problem, when as you point out the population is already on the small side. If there are 3 tanks who are being dumped in alerts they can't win and wasting hours trying anyway, thats 3 tanks that aren't going to be available for a group that does actually need them and does stand a chance of winning.

Ultimately I'd rather que for an hour and get matched with a team that stands a chance of winning than join and leave an instance every 5 mins because its dumped me with a bunch of players who will never win anyway.

Maybe that's just personal preference though?
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree on the kick. 3 hours is ridiculous. All because someone overreacted. Thats how things always seem to go around here, 1 extreme to the next. Kick was 5 mins now its 3 hours. Way to extreme if ya ask me. Its like the term middle ground doesnt exist when it comes to dcuo :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Take matters into your own hands. Go atomic :) you can solo battle tank RITe. Become a battle heal or troll. If others won't help and you need to finish. Take matters into your hands. Each off role have abilities that can help a 3 dps group.

I totally understand your point also.
    • Like x 1
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Still doesn't justify the terrible matchmaking system, does the rng sound familiar?
    • Like x 1
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Exactly what we need more new players to suck it up and deal with it and not voice their opinion for change, sarcasm.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

This entire system would have an impact on queue times, one way or another.

The majority of the folks who play this game are DPS, so if you make it so that the game is going to be coded to nab a healer for your instance, than that means only healers would be able to join (which again if they don't physically lock you in the role you queue for would still just be a waste of time because than there would be a work around to the system). That also than means that other folks are not going to be able to get into that instance because they can't meet the coding requirements, which will cause the system to clog in some type of manner.

Also, since the majority if the player base does play the game as a dps, specifically making it harder for them to get into instances doesn't sound like a good thing.
  17. Bomb New Player

There have been a lot of times when we simply needed a DPS to continue too. I focused on inviting support roles, because as you point out DPS's are pretty common.

And yes, the whole point is to lock out players from the instance who don't have the right role. In a LFG group, do you seriously invite a DPS when you need a healer because of equal opportunities? No, you invite a healer because you need a healer.

If you need a DPS, you invite a DPS, not a healer. The balance is struck based on the fact you will typically have 3-5 dps's, but never more than 1-2 of any support roles.

And again, what's the point of joining an instance where the team can't win, because they don't have the right roles? That's just wasting everybody's time.
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

I'm a console user.

When typing a message again just go to the predictive text box and choose the words in the original sentence, they will appear in the order used as you click each one another will show.

Also, PS consoles have an accessory keyboard you can buy and some console users play with a keyboard instead of a controller.
  19. Bomb New Player

I'm not buying an accessory keyboard to use LFG groups, and predictive typing only works if you spam the same msg over and over. Typically I'll be talking to friends, league mates, etc in the interim between raids, so while it does kind of work it doesn't really solve the problem.
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player

You can choose which words in the box to use is all I'm saying so don't place all your strife on the fact you use a controller.

Look, I do the q 99.99% of the time, that other .01% is done through LFG for specific feats only, so I know what you are saying.

If you just want to find the negative aspect of what a person offers then you're going to experience more strife in this game.

I will respect your thread and not offer any more information.