Stats Revamp 1.3 (Continued!)

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Hello everyone! We have another round of changes heading to the test server today. We have spent a significant portion of our time this week reviewing your feedback on the revamp, and we are back with another update with what we expect to be impactful changes. We wanted to spend more time addressing the current concerns before moving on to others.

We also want to help build upon the relationship we have with the testing community, and introduce a new method for all of us to communicate. So, please stick around until after the update notes for more information on that!

Here's what is changing today:
    • Lowered the cooldown of tank pulls:
      • Inescapable Storm, Frost Snipe, Atomic Reorganization and Particle Beam cooldown to 0.5 seconds.
      • There were many reports that tanking had become much more difficult because of the increased pull cooldown. Not only was tanking more difficult, but the pace was slower. This should help to fix that issue.
    • Increased the duration of weapon buffs:
      • Atom-Powered Assault, Wired, Ice Bash, Weapon of Destiny, Battle Display, and Menace duration to 12 seconds.
      • This change was made in an effort to increase the effectiveness of weapon builds, and so that the duration of the buff matches the cooldown.
    • Increased the effectiveness and power costs of heals:
      • Bio-Capacitor, Bioelectric Surge, Electroburst, Galvanize, Rejuvenate, Circle of Protection, Invocation of Renewal, Ritualistic Word, and Boon of Souls increased by 50%.
      • We hear and agree that healing was too spammy. Using one of these heals listed should feel like you are having much more of an impact.
    As always, we will be looking for your thoughts and your experiences testing these changes. These forum threads will remain the primary place for discussion and questions. I feel that over time our relationship with the community on this revamp has improved and we have gotten quite a bit of great conversation going and we appreciate all of it. But, we want to do a better job of 1) gathering all of your feedback efficiently and 2) responding to it. Mepps, take it away!
    • Like x 15
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all!

Like Avair mentioned, we want to try a new method of more directly and effectively gathering feedback. Forum discussions are great - and will continue - because they let all of you discuss your thoughts and ask questions, and we get to listen in. Sometimes we can join in, too, but time is always limited. On the other hand, a lot of times the back and forth discussion can cause feedback to get lost or shouted down in the noise of argument (and distraction and inappropriate behavior, etc).

So, once the test server is back online, we will provide everyone a link to a very short survey. This will allow you to share with us your top concerns (without having to worry about what others will say about them), and this will allow us to read and sort them quickly.

The survey will ask for your top 3 concerns or pieces of feedback about the powerset you are testing. (If you are playing and testing more than one powerset, you can take the survey multiple times.)

We then will compile everyone's answers, identify the most prevalent feedback and concerns, review them internally, and come right back here to the forums to directly respond to those concerns. When answering these questions, please be brief but as specific as possible.

Please take a moment to take this survey once you have tested this most recent update.

Thank you!
    • Like x 14
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 20
  4. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Hey, Arc Lightning, Flux, Transmutation, Electrogenesis and Soul Well are missing from this list :(.
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hopefully in the survey a question related to NPC difficulty will be asked, otherwise, good stuff.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

I have to kind of agree with Chill on this one. I think these will be big improvements.
    • Like x 3
  7. Only Forever Level 30

We need a better sparring target, preferably one that does not return power and one normal. To test the power of low cost and high cost.

(and not im not new player) i dont know why its showing on my profile that. its some config where i can change? or forum its different account?
    • Like x 2
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Good stuff. Will be interested in knowing how the surveys work out for them.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

It is a good way to prevent players that wish to attack another player just because they don't agree with them.

I hope it allows us to give great feedback.

Will there be a written q&a after with some of the concerns that players do ask in that feedback?
    • Like x 5
  10. tiempo Well-Known Player

Yall should hop on test tonight, its thursday (reset) and it has been hard enough to find players on test the last couple of days. Are we still on track with the "fresh new Stats Revamp" for this weekend?
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Can't reset content for free on test? Not why people would wait till Thursday to run stuff when resets are free.
    • Like x 1
  12. tiempo Well-Known Player

No i mean live resets, so we may see even less on test
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ahhh my bad, I misunderstood then.

Feel free to remove my previous comment lol (Mepps)
  14. tiempo Well-Known Player

Here's my new idea for sparring targets, i call them "Role Training Bots"
    I feel an event like this will be needed when Stats Revamp Hits Live in the future.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ng-in-whatever-role-devs.283937/#post-3895526
    • Like x 2
  15. Avair Administrator

Part of the idea with this initiative is that it will give us a good way to address feedback. While the specific format is not yet finalized, we will definitely be responding to these on a larger scale than we have thus far responded to feedback. I know that is vague and I am super good at vague, but you will hear more using this method than you would before it.
    • Like x 3
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Today's update is what was referred to. We'll have the full update notes available, but what's listed above are the core changes.
    • Like x 1
  17. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Could we get the power costs posted in the movement abilities trees like you added for the power trees?
    • Like x 2
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So wait Weapon buff durations are back to 12 seconds, What about the Power interaction durations? I feel like if you're playing Hybrid or PfTT the 6 second window to keep the PI up isn't ideal.
    • Like x 3
  19. spord Developer

Which PI duration(s) is 6 seconds?
    • Like x 1
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I Believe all of them were reduced to 6 seconds when this Stats-update first launched, unless I'm wrong about that.

I casted Resonating Gale But the PI duration only lasted about 6 seconds before I had to restart it, it made playing powers like Ice feel very clunky in that regard.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.