Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tioalbert Well-Known Player

comentario

tengo esta sensacion que con el nuevo sistema va dirigido hacia el dps dejando en su insignificancia actual a los roles soportes,
    pese a las buenas renovaciones que le estan dando a los roles soportes.( espero equivocarme)

mmm recuerdo que en duo t1 hermano ojo despues del primer subjefe, hay 2 omacs tipo healer que cuando se activan estando cerca uno del otro aunque seas cr 170 si no los separas o congelas y separas sus escudos permanecen sin limite de tiempo y absorbiendo mucho daño.

por que no permitir eso unicamente en rol sanador desde duo grupal 4 y raids, cuando obiamente ay 2 o mas sanadores y como dije beneficio exclusivo para sanadores presentes.

ejemplo

dentro de raid 1 sanador electro , 1 sanador brujo , 1 mando y 5 dps.

cuando ambos sanadores lansan escudo en lapso aproximado de 10 seg a la vez y ambos estan en un rango corto( cuerpo vs cuerpo).

puf se activa el beneficio de escudo pero solo entre ellos.
    y los demas que no son sanadores duracion y amortigauacion de daños de escudo normal,
    mientras que los sanadores no se separen o les separen permanece con sus escudos(los cuales serian de la misma forma y color, mientras de los demas es de otro color), esto de una manera bien pensada podria traer nuevas maneras de usar a los sanadores con dicho beneficio sin importar diferencias de sp o cr.

espero que los muertos vivientes( roles de soporte) salgan de sus tumbas, de nuevo ansioso de ver mas renovacion de estadisticas pulido y estable antes de su llegada, gracias de antemano desarrolladores.
  2. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

This.
    • Like x 2
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

I thought about this a little more and feel I need to clarify some things because I know it's easy for me to just say "make this feel more impactful" without actually saying how.

In terms of damage, I don't just want more damage for the sake of it. That's what AMs were and it was stupid. But I do feel like right now there's a tendency to think "I have nothing else to cast atm so I'll just spam this low-cost ability some more." It's like the low-cost abilities are the new "noob knows no weapon combos so he's spamming range tap" situation. That said, I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach. I want to see where the Devs are going with this.

In terms of restoration, you're absolutely right that just mindlessly increasing heal strength isn't the right course of action as history has shown us. I'm not about to be like,

Me: Can you just make Galvanize max range and heal everyone to full with one cast?
    Mepps: No.

But from the feedback given so far, I think it's evident that healers are not willing to compromise on cooldowns or heal strength relative to health. That just leaves range and # of targets as limiting factors.. which are enough I think. Even within that general framework you can already say:

Single target heal = Intense to the MAX
    4-man heal = Meh, moderate strength
    Heals everything on the field = Weak. Like Nature pheromones weak.

I think where this went wrong on Live was being too generous in giving us heals that were everything in one; strong group heals with max range and short cooldowns. I think we have to accept limitations, though I'd prefer if those limitations were range and # of targets.
    • Like x 3
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

To piggy back on Karasawa's thingy at the end:

Eight man heals: Intense to Max strength but long cooldown.
    Limited range of 15m.

Supercharge Heal: huge strength, tide turner, long cooldown.

Add that on to what Karasawa said. As well as my healing abilities being able to do damage as well since you guys encourage battle roles.
    That is something I'd be just fine with as a healer. As long as I can get creative while doing my job as a healer, I've got no issues.
    • Like x 2
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This stats revamp has serious problems. Before addressing that, let me say that I do enjoy the flow of combat, and I don't mind mixing weapon combos and powers in my rotation. So I chose a loadout geared towards the hybrid playstyle (the one you say you want to be what most beginning players would aim for).

Basically, 20 sp in crits, 20 in crit mag., 40 in power, 30 in might and 30 in precision. The rest unlocking weapon mastery in two-handed and martial arts.

Major issue #1: Building power using weapon combos. On paper, sounds like a great idea. But it sucks. When fighting adds, it's not a problem at all. But bosses are a nightmare. Why? Because it's impossible to get your power bar to full again through weapon attacks. Blocking is necessary throughout skull attacks, etc. but regens 0 power. You can get off a couple of attacks before they either counter you or perform a mechanic requiring you to get away from them. And thanks to the countering mechanics, guess what happens every time you have to break out? You actually lose power attacking with weapons in the long run.

Breakouts should cost 0 power if you actually want this playstyle to be at all viable. I gave up after wiping at Athena 8 times (using only soders, no orbital, etc., since I was looking for the point of view of the average player). Played as electric, used arc lightning, tesla ball and electrocute, and started performing weapon attacks. Was only able to repeat that rotation once again throughout the fight, the rest of the time was just attacking with my weapon since i couldn't get enough power back. Why? Because every time i wanted to attack, she popped her fire move, forcing me to go ranged. Ranged taps only restore a minimal amount of power.

There's no way putting 100 sp in power is OK for a hybrid build. The optimal would be to increase passive power regen, but I understand that would make it too easy for the PftT style. Another idea is to grant ticks of power regen (or some kind of passive regen buff) while blocking, after a successful counter, and also an increased amount of power generated by weapon attacks. Weapon mastery combos, for example, could generate much larger amounts of power, and are viable during a boss fight since they're usually fairly short.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I don't want to sound too negative about the revamp, so let me point out that I do like the freedom it offers. It's so refreshing not to have to worry about performing a whole series of actions to do damage. If I want to pop any power, I can, no problem. No worrying about AMs. I love spamming powers as much as the next guy, of course, but the creative possibilities for rotations catered to adds, bosses and even specific boss mechanics are really fun. So kudos on that. Also thanks for letting us have all powers unlocked. Makes it fun to switch things around and adapt.
  7. Kai El Well-Known Player

Just watched that Paradox Wave test vid. All I saw from that Electric player was Jump Cancelling and Clipping. Year 1 mechanics. I'm assuming that was the hybrid playstyle. I'm sorry, but that's simply just not fun to me. You can barely see the player using any powers, just jumping around like crazy. If I didn't know any better, I would assume this was a run when Paradox first came out if it wasn't for the high 180s. Not impressed. Not at all.
    • Like x 3
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    when will you add the iconic powers to the test server again?
    shouldnt they be there at all times, so testers can test with them in mind?
    doesn't make any sense to add them later again, when balancing is a thing...
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Really? This is what they're selling? Woof...
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

this^
    i see power bar more like somekind of stamina bar since ever... therefore, i suggest to the developement team to go to a boxing training to get a feel of real life fighting. in the ring, as a fighter, you can power out yourself and empty your stamina bar metaphorical. however: once you are out of stamina, you will go into block to regenerate your stamina. well, maybe im wrong with seeing power to be the same as stamina, however: think on it ^^
    also: weapon masteries should replenish power and should be clippable like ordinary weapon combos, at least this is my oppinion... it bothers me to shoot lasers out of bare hand yet needing to use a bow for more dammage, however: if i could clip away the bow animation, it would bother me less or no longer ^^
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Electric player on that vid here. Just want to say a few things:
    First of all, not saying that your opinion is right or wrong, in any case, thx for sharing your thoughts, but you have to remember that "FUN" it´s something subjective. I know that i´ve been enjoyed myself testing the revamp across its several versions, because its what most ressembles the time when i started to play this game.

I may add, that this discurse can work in both ways, maybe if you share some of your gameplay i may find it boring and not "FUN" at all, maybe your are a fan of long animations, castbars and a more static gameplay. I know that i enjoy a more hectic, fast and reactive gameplay and thats why i play the way i do, plus the mere possibility to use my weapon again to do Damage its a major win, something that i can´t just do with the current AM system (not a fan of Pets to go Sorcery or Earth so they can do the job for me either).

At the end, with this revamp, we have more options, which its always a good thing. Right now on Live server there is only ONE way to play each powerset to it full potential, and that´s why many people are against of AM´s, they are easy, boring and restrictive.

Finally, you may not like what you saw, but the feedback that i got from Youtube, Leaguemates and friends has been very positive o far.
    • Like x 3
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just wanted to point out that you don't have to clip or jump cancel or play hybrid if you don't want to. None of those things are being designed as 'necessary' in keeping up.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Agreed.

Your video looked to be the most fun out of any Raid video I have seen yet from Test. The rest seemed boring and sluggish.

What makes it better is if this play style isn't mandatory to play the game at the highest level. Meaning it is balanced with players who want to use their weapon non-stop or play from the tray only so all play styles yield very similar results.
    • Like x 3
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I´m totally open to the idea that all playstyles should be viable after all its set in stone with the revamp. I still think that if you perform a more long/complicate input in your gameplay you should be more rewarded, but not at the point to make a HUGE gap like its happening now on Live server between the people who perform AM´s and the players who doesn´t.

I´m gonna post some ideas today that i think may help to balance this 2 specialized playstyles, but i´m stuck at work right now.

Anyhow, i´m glad that you liked the video bro.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

The jumping around did very little in increasing potential. It was probably more the grounded bunny hop we do in there.

I watched it too and I am confused. That was a lot of effort for a complete raid group that are all 3 tiers higher. If they are at level that would be worse than launch dox.

The video is good proof that they do need to revisit the raids for adjustment.
  16. Avair Administrator

First off, thank you to everyone who is sending feedback here and in the power set threads. I think, as some of you say, we are moving in the right direction, but there is more work to be done. My team and I read ALL of these posts and appreciate the feedback when it is constructive and cordial. We often talk about specifics brought up in these posts even if we do not respond. I know it may feel like a frustrating process to many of you and I apologize, but we are spending our time adjusting and play-testing so that we can bring updates to you as quickly as possible.

I also wanted to clarify something that I think is not messaged well in game that may help you understand skill points a bit better. When you spend points in stats (Precision, Might, Power, etc) the returns you get are on an exponential curve. This means that each point you spend gives you an increasing flat bonus (based on a % of your current total). This means that you generally DO NOT want to spread your skill points around in different stats you want to consolidate them in one stat. To better illustrate this, I have an example from the game. The second skill point you spend in Precision gives you an additional 2 points of Precision. The 175th skill point you spend gives you ~47 points! This means that the more you spend, the more you receive and the more you spread out your points, the more high end bonuses you are missing out.

As another example, if you spend 175 skill points into Precision you will gain roughly 15 times the benefit than you would if you spent 30 skill points in it. You get a 15 times bonus when only spending roughly 6 times the points. I hope this makes sense. We will work on messaging this better when we can.
    • Like x 5
  17. Chicken Well-Known Player

Repair-Bot clipping still exists. Thanks for your hard work.
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And?
    • Like x 1
  19. Mystere Well-Known Player

Question: is it intended that a hybrid allocation for hybrid builds be optimal. For example I continuously did better with a hybrid build with 1/3 sp in might and 1/3 sp in prep and 1/3 power versus all might, or all prep or all power. This was also true whether I tried mostly weapon attacks or pftt
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

While I agree it was a very odd time for Chicken to bring it up it probably isn't something that is intended.

Simply making it so the Repair-Bot can't be utilized as a clip would fix the issue.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.