Stats Revamp 1.3: Atomic

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

By fine you mean pulling but still too long cooldown, right?
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Cooldown isnt an issue for me. I have no problems with it in actual combat. I was just stating the Pulling aspect of the power being fine compared to Atom Splitter's pulling is not happening.
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

Try pulling 3 different adds in different parts of room like in dwf, olympus, gom withing 4 seconds... guess what ,you and noone will be able to do it coz they will have jumped on someone and killed him before pulling all enemies coz of long cooldown of pulls
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

It does seem like the blue immunity you got from blocking was a major factor in keeping you alive, even after switching to Ice. I wonder how much damage it's absorbing on test.. is it still 100% resto+100% dom? Hopefully a dev can tell us. It seems like as long as immunity is providing that damage mitigation then standing in the middle of several adds and blocking will be the most optimal way of tanking due to the constant immunity you'd be receiving.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ran GoM with 2 tanks in 1.2. Was a bit hectic trying to stay alive due to Shields being poo but pulling was never an issue. Ill be sure to give it a closer look when I tank in 1.3.
  6. tiempo Well-Known Player

All (cone) pulls across all tanking powers should have a 1 sec cooldown. If you don't agree, name one reason why this would be a bad thing, whereas in contrast it has now become an issue that wasn't one by giving them 2 additional seconds. Let's not create additional problems, we have enough to solve with what we have now and it's only 6 powers.
    • Like x 2
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

GoM with 2 tanks is for new players...We run with solo tank GOM normal , all bosses.
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

GoM with 2 tanks is how I and others play it. Be it minority or not. Cyclops Ive been solo tanking it unless i have a Tank who wants to Tank. Player's choice. Arena bosses i use 2 tanks. Again, for me I dont have an issue with the Pulls' Cooldown. Now that argument might be different and possibly will when Rage comes to Test because i do spam Ragebringer but only because to keep my Health Buffed with Rage's Passive. With it being a pull is added help. Once I do some tanking in 1.3 Ill give more feedback on it.
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah they said they want to give us more options, to play with our own style, they said they don't want to force us to play 2x4 but that's not going to happen if cooldowns are like how they are now and ice being so weak tank... We will be forced to play with 2 tanks...
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Hello people, after much, much testing, here I am for my initial comments!
    On the DPs have nothing to add! This is great for me!
    However the tank ...:rolleyes:

Tank:
    It is clear the strengthening of it. And this was noticed not only on the alert, but also when I made raid.
    However two things bothered me a lot:

1- Aura: The aura in tank mode is fading too fast, and this is the reason why we are not managing to keep and control the crowd. We have to worry all the time about reactivating the aura, and with it, it disturbs our work.
    Something I see that does not happen in DPS mode. That aura gets to be almost twice as long!
    The stranger that the aura is the basis of the survival of the atomic tank! I do not understand why this

2- Atomic Reorganization: His cooldown is absurdly exaggerated! Yesterday went bbs to be able to test with several adds together and coming from several places ... Result:
    Several of the group dying because I had to wait for the cooldown to pull the adds! And with that always someone would die!
    (Add to this the fact of having a bad controller and it was hell on earth!).
    I am not able to save the players, with this I am not able to exercise my role properly!

I believe that these two things being arranged, we will have our atomic tank back to what it should be!:)
  11. Nemesir Well-Known Player

It's so clear in this video that the Developers do not know and do not understand how Atomic Tanking mechanics work or supposed to work.

On multiple adds, Atomic Tank works coz of the combo stuns effect on adds and the self healing that goes with the combo and aura. The developers took away the stun effect mechanic without compensating or buffing on what's left so the end result is a broken mechanic and a broken power. Developers don't need to be an engineer to understand this, it's just pure common sense.

If Developers are taking away combo stun mechanics, then increase combo self heals and defense buff.
    • Like x 1
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

But one of the most important things about the atomic tank is precisely its bufs of stunning! This not only helps the tank a lot but the group as a whole!
    The atomic tank does not defend, so if the adds are not stunned they will disrupt the combo and cause the tank to lose its aura! The buf is part of the survival of the tank itself too! To withdraw this is to withdraw part of his mechanics and his survival at stake!
    They are not understanding the very power they have created ...
    • Like x 1
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

To be a devil's advocate (not to get off topic), I'm pretty sure Spord knows what he is doing with the power set. He created it in the past and he adjusted it to where it's capable to tank as well as it does on Live. I would say maybe it was just a slight oversight. It is test server and our job is to test and figure what's working and what's not working. Then provide constructive feedback and possible ideas.

This is good that we have come across this issue now, on test server rather than live server. No need to throw unconstructive feedback at the developers. They are listening and taking action and that's all that matters.
    • Like x 4
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

I still believe removing counters from the combos was a mistake.
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Well removing all CC+ counters was definitely a mistake. Might based or not, Combos and some pure PftT abilitiesshould act like Weapons or there will always be imbalance.

I think that Hard stuns, Rooting and Encasing should be all exclusive to Controller role but Knockbacks and Knockdowns should be available to Dps abilities. Just apply minimum Dominance required to all CC without exceptions. The only really overpowered with CC capabilities powersets are Quantum and Ice. There was no need to remove all CC from game. Situation is so stupid that powers like Sorcery now have only 1 CC ability that is point black and with 12 sec cooldown.
  16. spord Developer

A fix hasn't gone in yet. There is in fact a tech issue with the blink game effects and physics states caused by crowd control. As of right now I don't have an ETA for the fix because engineering is still looking into it.
  17. spord Developer

Do you have any specifics on this? I haven't been able to repro Atom Splitter not pulling. Were you aware of the change to Atom Fragmentation (the combos) not pulling since the 1.0 revamp?
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The initial power is pulling, just not the combo input that follows (which is what it currently does on live), many people are curious as to why that was removed? It was a heavily sought out cc ability for a lot of peeps.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Just the initial cast of Atom Splitter being the pull. I was CR166 Tank Role and it wasnt pulling the Typhon outdoor creatures. i dont remember my Stats on Dom atm but I can look at it tonight and try again in different areas.
  20. Nemesir Well-Known Player

I'm with u on this and hoping for a fix.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.