Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xD25x Dedicated Player

I don't understand the hate on 5-1-1-1. If having more burn effects mechanics of the raid that's a content issue and not a dps issue.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

2-2-2-2 has always been the devs standard. Meaning if you run as 2-2-2-2 you will encounter all the mechanics and have the roles necessary to counter those mechanics.

Which was meant for the pug world( even though the devs logic is flawed considering the pug system looks for 5-1-1-1)

5-1-1-1 thus is the default of the community due to players having tools that allows them to skip most mechanics and have the minimum roles to counter those mechanics should the mechanics still play out.

Devs now making 5-1-1-1 the standard will greatly help pug groups and allow them to make mechanics geared towards those extra dps.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

I see what you are saying. While 5-1-1-1 was the intention of the devs(maybe) it has never been the standard in the AM era
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I quoted you here so we don't derail the atomic thread....

You really think debuffs and cc will be enough to make people want to bring trolls into duos and alerts after they realize they don't really need one?? We'll be right back to the same situation we have on live servers. No I don't want trolls to just be batters but I think DPS should still have to lean on them just a little bit that way they're not excluded from small group content
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

It's not the standard setup. 5-1-1-1 is only a setup for people who know what they're doing.
    • Like x 1
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You're being kind.
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

No but lack of mechanics is what allows that group composition in the first place.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

It actually has been minus a few raids like Darkseid, GOM, HH. Everything else was standard 5-1-1-1 in the LFG community.
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So you're continuing to weaken the stronger players; in order to accommodate the weaker players.
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

Is anyone really surprised by this, though? It would be suicide for the team to cause a huge rift in the community by making SP matter as much as some people think they should. Those left behind would quit rather than climb that mountain and the ones left after the exodus would quit because the game would be pretty empty.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The mistake was attaching player power to feats in the first place. There is a reason most MMOs give players a static amount of points to use when building their characters. Having no caps on how powerful a character can become is a balancing nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

When I switch from Might Mods and Might SP to Power my damage per hit from Powers dropped at least 20%.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Okay testers, stop testing mental until they roll it back. Anything that isn't restoring mental to it's pre AM build is unacceptable.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So, WHAT THEN is the Point in chasing SP's?
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Initial thoughts upon logging in:

My CR 166 Ice toon, modded with Might/Power, Power and Health/Power mods, maxed crits, 1 point in Might, 110 in Power and set up for PffT had a bit over 29k Power and 9k Might. I hit the respec machine and with no points spent at all, I still have well over 26k Power and a shade under 9k Might. That was a lot of missing SP in Power and not much drop at all.

Interesting.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This. Character progression should never have been tied into a trophy/achievement system.
    • Like x 1
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

That is for you to determine for yourself.
    • Like x 1
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Ran Iceberg Lounge and got a couple of feats! Awesome!
  18. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Well said bro! in his mind 5-1-1-1 is the norm....smh.....noob no skill community...geez
  19. UnFriendMe New Player

I'm liking the REVAMPS! It reminds me of days of old (2011). Keep up the good work!
    Good flow, not too fast, not too slow. It's challenging but fun.
    I also UNDERSTAND this is TEST and CHANGES are STILL being DONE so what's broke/impossible today may not be tomorrow.
    I do think it's sad that after a couple of updates the 2/2/2/2 went to 5/1/1/1 but maybe one day, a large majority of the players will understand why that's important (team work VS scoreboard).
    • Like x 2
  20. supalova20 Well-Known Player

NO it is for lazy scoreboard chasing no skill having whiny babies that don't know any better....nO pickups no DEBUFFS no TEAMWORK......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.