Stats Revamp 1.3: Ice

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moja Developer

Please use this thread for feedback specific to Ice powers.

For general combat feedback (not specific to Ice), please use this updated overview thread instead.

Here are some of the non-power cost changes related to Ice this update:
    • Snow Devil - Is now immortal for its duration
    • Blizzard - increased supercharge cost from 50% to 100%, reduced duration from 12s to 8s, and increased damage per hit
    • Damage absorbed by Shields has been greatly increased
    • Dominance increased
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi, great job for the descriptions of cooldowns and how much power is needed per power.
    But I have to say this again, I said this before but you guys ignored it ...

1)Ice needs bitter winds as a shield so please make it happen, it's on live a shield also should be here, unless if you want to nerf ice's survivability.

2) Inescapable Storm and Frost Snipe cooldowns are 3 seconds ,that's too much , we'll have problems with spread/splitted adds/bosses, they'll jump on other people and kill them before we get the chance to pull each one of them.Like in DWF 1st,2nd and last boss, olympus 1st and 2nd boss, GoM 1st, 2nd and last boss, also in some other instances too , so why don't you reduce the cooldowns please?
    • Like x 9
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

Also can you tell us how much % of dominance+ how much % of restoration each shield absorbs?Would be great for us to know how to increase their strength.
    • Like x 6
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

And why Blizzard's supercharge cost was increased to 100%? We didn't need 100% supercharges, we don't need and we won't need them.I thought we got rid of all 100% supercharges ingame, now you bring them back?
    • Like x 12
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Why did Bilzzard become a 100% Supercharge? For Crying out Loud we just got through with the 100% supercharge nonsense after Mass Hysteria got reduced to 50%.

Please don't go back to this unwanted trend...
    • Like x 5
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The 100% supercharges on test server are the strongest supers in the game. It was increased to 100% since it got a pretty significant damage buff apparently.
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

That question was for a developer not for you, that's why i replied to his post...

And to comment your post, even if it's the strongest ingame we got rid of them and now we get them back which sucks.
    • Like x 4
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Bug report. Snow Devil does not spawn out at all. Did it in instance and open world.
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Mass hysteria got bumped back to 100% on test
    • Like x 1
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Ice tanking feels strong again! Will have some KCT footage up tomorrow. Shields getting a buff, is definitely a plus. I was able to get my pug team through the bosses and adds with no frustration that I could die at any minute. The real test though will come when I do GOM on test.

Tanking multiple adds is still a tough task to manage but Ice struggles with a bunch of adds on Live as well. The controllers crowd controlling helped ease up a lot of tension with the adds.

Tanking bosses though was really smooth for me. The shield rotation was solid and I just focused purely on counters and the boss mechanics. Hibernation helped during key moments where I almost went down. There were only a couple of moments where I didn't have a shield and that could be easily fixed if I readjusted or if I had the option to use HLS.

The pulls I think should have a cooldown of 0.5 seconds like Gauss Grenade has. Make it quick in case of scenarios where multiple adds come from different doors in a room.
    • Like x 3
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You can DPS from the tray with ice now. I tested on solo with 11k power.
    It basically works like before.
    • Like x 1
  12. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Now that's something I was waiting to here.
  13. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Dps Feedback:

- Frost Blast. 3 sec cooldown which starts after the animation is completed. Are you serious ?
    This is supposed to be the new "to go" spammable max distance PftT ability. Remove cooldown completely. Casting bar seem to take a bit long to charge compared to Live version or idk if its just test server lagging for me.
    - Resonating Gate. Possibly bugged! Text says that that it should "pull enemies in" but it doesnt. Why 12 sec cooldown ?
    - Snow Devil. Pretty sure its bugged! it doesnt summon the pet at all instead it starts some kind of swirming aura animation (like Bitter Winds) for a sec and then its gone. Id rather have this Pet to apply PI than utilize it.
    - Impaling Ice. Animation feels weird, if you have something else available better use different animation.

Didnt have time to test but does anyone know if Ice Elemental SC still keeps the effects if we go back to human form right away ?
    If it doesnt, IE will be impossible to use in raids without proper modified ranged weapon attack in this form.
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Using a PftT setup (mixed mods but no SP in Power at all resulting in 26150 Power) I was able to spam powers in Iceberg Lounge and never really felt the necessity to use my weapon to regen at all.

Since I refuse to use Gust at all, my loadout was Ice Boulder Strike, Snowball, Impaling Ice, Reflection, Glacier Flash and Blizzard. I know, I know, I end up spamming Snowball instead of Gust but I do not care. I am SOOOOOOO tired of spamming Gust that I will most likely never put it on a loadout ever again. Ever.

I would like PIs to matter or some other skill cap to come into play here. Doing damage is quite mindless right now. It needs something else to make it more engaging. Without something to engage the brain a bit, it's no better than AMs, tbh.

edit: Just ran Seeing Shades for the first time ever as the aforementioned CR 166 Ice toon using the loadout above. Faust was a pansy. Artemis was, too. I did use the crystal on the Artemis fight and I did go low on power during both encounters from excessive spamming when I should have been countering instead. However, using the loadout above, PftT is quite viable.
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah the pulls : Inescapable Storm and Frost Snipe must have lower cooldown in order to pull multiple adds that come from different doors in a room
    • Like x 5
  16. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Ice Tanking 1.3 footage

Feels pretty good compared to what it was before and this was a run with a pug healer. My only issues were when I had to tank multiple adds and when I didn't have a shield ready to use due to one of them breaking for example. But definitely feels smooth once you properly counter and rotate the shields effectively.
    • Like x 4
  17. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah they need to lower the cooldown of pulls (Inescapable Storm,Frost Snipe) and bring back Bitter Winds as tank shield !
    • Like x 5
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

IE has no return to normal option any longer and u have full brawling weapon combos available, also u can not see any ability effects under CURRENT EFFECT tab

The ice pet can be now found if u activate Resonating Gale , must be a bug.

Also i could build up SC by using the SCgen against objects... idk if this is intended but ppl can build up SC in raid on objects before entering a boss fight.
    • Like x 2
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I do not struggle with multiple adds ice tanking on live. Honestly i have 0 struggle. Never any problems w/it. Even tanked the adds in thrones during the ares fight in elite and never really had much of an issue. Because u can spam storm. Turn and pull is all it really requires. Maybe some people do struggle with that? Idk. But i literally never have. For the record ive been ice tanking for 3 years.

It does look smoother in the vid u posted. But the cooldown on the pull is still too long. If they are not aiming for 2-2-2-2 anymore and say 5-1-1-1 will still be viable then there is 0 reason to increase the cooldown on tank pulls. The tank pulls need to be changed back to how they are on live.

And i see people saying play the from the tray can be done now. Has anyone compared pftt to hybrid and which does more dmg? And if sacrificing might for more power so u can play from the tray does less dmg then speccing into a little more might and using your wpn here and there? Being able to play from the tray is a good thing and going in the right direction. It being a viable choice is the real question. Just havent had time to test it myself.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What solo, what rotation, and what tier?

I have 26k power with electricity and Still can't properly play from the tray without using weapons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.