Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Please use this thread for feedback specific to Electricity powers.

For general combat feedback (not specific to Electricity), please use this updated overview thread instead.

Here are some of the non-power cost changes related to Electricity this update:
    • Arc Lightning - Reduced the stun duration to account for the shorter cooldown compared to crowd control abilities
    • Voltaic Bolt - Deals damage over time again
    • Electroburst- In Healer Role, now heals yourself and 3 other group members at max healing range
    • Electrogenesis - In Healer Role, each aura now heals yourself and 7 other allies from midrange
    • Galvanize - Reduced the cooldown and heal over time from 6 seconds to 3 seconds and doubled the initial heal range
    • Ionic Drain - Now deals extra damage to Electrified or Polarized enemies
    • Tesla Blast - Now deals extra damage to Electrified enemies and no longer applies Electrified
    • Like x 7
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Voltaic is a dot again.... nice
    • Like x 2
  3. Cyro Committed Player

Step in the right direction but healing wise is still a far cry from being enjoyable
    • Like x 1
  4. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Uh, from what I'm reading there's more reliable healing from eb and eg/galvanizes range has been increased, surges cooldown is insanely low.

So far my feedback is a lot of healing has very low values but so far it looks to be shaping up a lot better, I wish we could just get the bio charge PI back.

I'm at 15960 resto and bio capacitor only heals me for 2.5k... electrogenesis heals for 300s... A lot of healing values for Sorcery are quite low as well but more on those in it's own thread when it appears.

Shields still seem to be useless for the heal role, they only last 6s still, checked flux as well as boon.

Thank you for the critical stats information in the stats tab :)
    • Like x 4
  5. krytine Loyal Player

Havent tested yet but does arc lightning also electrify?
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

All I ask is that:
    Electrogenesis be a stronger dot in dps role.
    Circuit breaker be an all inclusive damage buff
    Megavolt become slightly stronger

I like the changes so far.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

[
    Yeah but need to test Voltaic. I am OK with a weaker Dot on Electrogenesis if VB is strong DoT.

I like the idea of a cheap 4 person heal with Electroburst. Happy that we have some out of the box thinking.
    • Like x 5
  8. krytine Loyal Player

Glad to see we will have a 4 man heal again like the other healer power
    • Like x 2
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

All we Ned now is our safety net pi with bio surge to come back. Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee!!
  10. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Initial Thoughts:

My restoration is 17144. I did olympus regular and the first boss of UT

No one takes any damage anymore and my healing numbers are pathetic.

Tanks actually seem like tanks now which is a good thing and I always had power, can't say that for the DPS however, we ran one troll.

Except for Bio Surge / Rejuvenate every ability needs an increase to their healing numbers, breakdown on my thoughts of every ability.

Arc Lightning:

This feels really buggy now, I noticed the Arc doesn't Arc back to me sometimes and it can either hit someone twice or miss them completely even if they're right next to them.

This heals for the same as the priority heal and I think needs a buff to healing value as it has a 3s cooldown and the targeting is really unreliable. Of course the perception of how it is may be because it's buggy right now.

Bio Surge:

Really nice, spammable, reliable and low cost.

Feels like the cooldown is longer than rejuvenate, the animation for rejuvenate for which you can clip out rejuv is much faster than surge. Maybe check out the dovetails?

Bio Capacitor:

Needs healing number increase badly, this heals the same amount as the priority heal and has an 18s cooldown, what?

Electroburst is a much better ability than this, it heals the same amount but has a lower cooldown.

Galvanize:

Desperately needs a number increase, you've reduced the initial burst for a higher HoT at the end which I think is unnecessary as now both the initial burst and the HoT are really pathetic to use. Galvanize initial burst per person was 200-300s and the HoT after was also 200-300s.

Cooldown at 3 seconds seems suitable due to the addition to Electroburst.

Flux:

Still lasts for 6s, not very useful, healer shields must be reverted back to their live duration as a 6s shield is largely useless.

Electrogenesis:

The increased range is very nice but like Galvanize the HoT is really weak, hitting for 200-300s x2 if your near someone with the aura. Also needs a healing increase.

Haven't really used this one that much but may replace it for arc, arc is really bad right now.

Electroburst:

Probably the best thing you could have done, another reliable heal, really alleviates the pressure of the moderately high cooldowns on the other abilities.

Final Thoughts:

I feel like you guys deliberately reduced the restoration so we'd complain about something other than high cooldowns and low reliability of the healing :p Just kidding

Honestly, everything heals so low it's hard to give a true opinion how it's supposed to play because I'm now literally spamming everything because my heals do next to nothing.

The change to galvanize, range and cooldown wise is very nice, electroburst helps immensely fill in the gaps that your unreliable powers (Which I think is now just Arc and Electrogenesis for now, galvanize is fairly forgiving to use)

The strength of the burst heals in my opinion should be similar to live but obviously can't be done here as surge on test has a very low cooldown for a fairly decent healing amount.

Surge should remain how it is but the others must be increased.

Arc needs either bug fixing or a major heal increase as it's still punishing to use currently, the healing is low and you need to pray it arcs to someone.

Bio Cap needs a higher healing number or a lower cooldown because it's ludicrous right now

Galvanize needs that HoT lowered and it's initial burst increased, similar to live.

Electroburst should receive a slight healing increase.

I think that whilst electroburst, arc, galvanize and bio cap target multiple people the healing should still be higher than it is right now as even though surge is a single target heal it really does outclass them because how much you can spam it now.

I can forgive the removal of the bio charge PI in favor for the introduction of this new version of electroburst. But it does hurt the uniqueness of the power set electric originally had.

All in all a big step up from V1.2 and I just hope it gets better from here :)
    • Like x 6
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Seems like the numbers are bugged or it's just a bit... too nerfed. I do not like the low low numbers but I can appreciate the range changes.
    I feel like its not intended but anyway. It's feeling much more fluid now and is a good step in the right direction.

All it needs is increased healing numbers. ^.^
    • Like x 1
  12. BLK Well-Known Player

Thank you for the write up.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Keep in mind the changes included a Nerf to the healing bonus in healer role. (Revert that plz)
    And there seems to be a reduction in how Arc Lightning heals. 48-59 at base level when it was at 68-83.

Low values but OK. It did get lots of range.
    Bio Capacitor is awful now. WTF happened to it?!
    • Like x 1
  14. L T Devoted Player

Voltaic Bolt is actually a burst (about half as strong as it used to be) + 12 ticks of small DOT. Overall it's doing a little less about the same total damage than when it was a total burst.

Arc Lightning's heal seems about half as strong as it used to be just a little weaker. And yes, it electrifies.

MegaVolt is doing about 25-30% more damage now. It's a really good supercharge for damage. Not sure if it makes running with the supercharge builder worth it, but it might. has received a huge buff. It used to do about 1.5x the damage of Voltaic Bolt. It now does a bit more than 3x the total damage of Voltaic Bolt.
    Circuit Breaker still isn't affecting damage from powers.

EDIT: Updated impressions based on the fact that my stats changed.
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Electricity 1.3 test, first impressions and results.

Dots aren't too bad, they do good damage. I'm very impressed with V-bolt.

Power-regen still seems a bit weak for my taste- When I fought against Artemis I had to specfically ulitize the Hold-range combo from handblasters to keep my power bar up all the time. So playing from the tray is gonna require more then 73 SP into power.

I had an easier time then other powers thanks to the use of Damage over time, loving it.

Overall: Besides the power-regeneration still needing some tweaking, I feel electric is very solid.

• Like x 2
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's nice you get the burst from VT. As it stands now, VB gives a low tick, Electrogenesis a medium tick and Electrocute is your big tick. I did run a 3 DoT loadout for the Duo with Wired and AL (MV SC) and was able to build my power bar up with weapon attacks to restart my rotation. That feels really good. I should have run the same loadout throughout the duo, but the damage I got from Electrogenesis vs Electrocute seemed much higher than in 1.1 and 1.2

I noticed that Electroburst seems to be back down in damage again though.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I did try a little PftT with Raven. Wasn't too bad. I think though I would prefer PftT in any combat where there is a tank and I had little chance of getting interrrupted since we don't have much CC from our abilities.
  18. L T Devoted Player

I've noticed that the dot ticks from voltaic bolt always do the exact same amount of damage.

Circuit Breaker seems broken (no pun intended). It doesn't seem to affect weapon damage or power damage, and nothing shows up under current effects when I use it. Right now it seems like a 50% supercharge break-out.
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Well ignore my first post on dps.
    It's very solid.
    Polarized dps is great and so is Electrified.

Healing is actually slightly stronger with Electric now.. even more so than Sorc
    • Like x 1
  20. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Power cost feels improved!! Passive regen GREATLY IMPROVED! Excellent job devs!!!!!!

MY CR:169(unmodded)
    8400might
    8400 precision
    172sp
    21k power

DAMAGE: TESTED DOT LOADOUT ONLY!!!!!

1.Electric is still not up to par damage wise vs burst.
    2. Electro gen has slightly improved but still gives low ticks
    3.Welcome back VOLTAIC bolt(DOT) and i like the 1 burst damage for Voltaic bolt on cast hits pretty hard after PI....
    4.Electrocute is still the GOAT..:p
    5. The NEW underdog is TESLA BALL(dot).. Tesla Gives great Ticks for the 3-4 secs its out there especially after Power interaction.. KUDOS!:)
    6. MEGAVOLT IS GREATLY IMPROVED!! EXCELLENT JOB! My only thing is the DOT doesnt last that long, why have such a long cooldown.. its a Supercharge. Im pretty sure we cant break the game if we had a shorter cooldown.

Suggestion:
    I would slightly buff Electrogen, and Voltaic Bolt Dots.. Even after electrifed power interaction 200-500(crit) for 12 ticks doesnt seem right for t8...

COOLDOWNS:

Cooldowns for the DOT loadouts are whats killing me and will be the death for ELECTRIC DOT players..I play from the tray to set up DOTS then build power with my weapon attacks(i tried HBLASTERS, DUAL wield,1h,2h)everything seems so slow besides HBlasters..INb4 HBlasters are the new wave. Ive also tried; "HOLD Range" atking before each DOT casting too, just seem too slow to compete vs burst.. Generally im always good on power, its the cooldowns that are the big CONS for running Dots.

1.The DOTS are already slow to set up, why kill us wit all these long 12 second cooldowns between (electrocute, Voltaic Bolt, Electrogenesis)
    2.At least give Voltaic Bolt a 6second cooldown(Decreasing its power cost to 200) OR bring back the additional ELECTRO CHARGE POWER INTERACTION that makes it spread to nearby enemies, bcuz if a tank grabs new ads i have to wait a WHOLE 12 seconds to recast DOTS again on new mobs....
    3. i ALSO Suggest a 3 second cooldown for Tesla Ball(Dot) .. Tesla ball gives 3-4 pretty damn good ticks then it just sits in the air for another 3 seconds.. By giving TEsla Ball a 3second cooldown Why not allow us to cast two Tesla Balls at a time, as one goes down the other TESLA BALL goes up..

Once again this power is about the flow. Setup, then flow.. Setup then flow.. Right now its all setup, wait wait wait(cooldowns), setup, wait wait wait(cooldowns) I cant even use a Burst move for an extra slot bcuz all the Electrified Burst moves are all Single targets
    (Devs lowkey premade the Dot loadouts by taking away shockwave/static push option:rolleyes: )..

The LOADOUT:
    Arc lightning(for Power Interactions), Electrogenesis, Tesla Ball(dot), Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt, Megavolt(SC).. I tried the circuit breaker SC it seems useless..

1. When i activate it and bring down the D-pad tooltip Circuit Breaker doesnt even say what the buffs are.. Once again if Dots are going to be relevant it has to play faster.. When i have 3-4 moves on cooldown it just messes wit the flow of the game.. Electrocute should be the only one with a 12 second cooldown honestly..

2. Dont get me started on WIRED.. lol Wired is useless still.. i think it was a 2% damage increase for 5secs?? with a 12 second cooldown and to top it off a 300 cost?? lol I dont get that..

Almost there devs!!! just a few more tweaks/improvements and ELECTRIC DPS IS GOOD TO GO as for as TEAM DOTS!! I know you can do it.. LETS GET IT DONE!! Thumbs UP YALL!! WE waited over 2 years for this update.. We dont want to wait no more!! :):):)
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.