Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to be clear, we are not aiming for 2-2-2-2.
    • Like x 5
  2. cease94 Active Player

3. BumblingB I got better.

This is a good thing. Instead of nerfing the player capabilities to promote a 2X4 build, it should be the development of the content that dictates the makeup of the group. That doesn't mean hard content it means complexity. I like this decision. AnB and DLC 9 would be a good model for at level.
    • Like x 5
  4. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Regarding tanking... are you guys still hoping to make it all similar? Cause... you pretty much turned everything into an atomic type of play style lol.... I just want to keep the turtle tanks as an option.
    • Like x 1
  5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Read this again. I broke it down and then highlighted a couple things.

Combat Roles!

We made significant changes to our expected group role makeups. During the whole of the Stats Revamp, we have been aiming for every group to be made up of 2 of each role for Raids (we affectionately call it 2 by 4). This has always been our goal, but has rarely reflected how players actually choose to or prefer to play.

The changes in the revamp that were expected to make this more of a reality - closer to requiring a second role for success - saw much negative feedback. Individual roles were not feeling impactful. So, we have changed our assumptions and goals to better reflect how you play.

We will now expect it to be possible for groups to consist of one of each role (Controller, Healer, Tank) and five Damage IF each role-player is quite skilled.

If you still struggle with content using the 5/1/1/1 makeup, you should roll in with the 2x4.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I know a lot of people dont like turtle tanking, myself included. But its about having a different style of tanking. I tank with atomic and ice. And if i wanted all tanking to be like atomic i wouldnt ice tank then. Imo ice tanking could be made to be better. But an idea is needed. How do they make it a different style that isnt similar to atomic? Havent seen anyone come up with that idea yet so i agree keep the turtle style for now. Some days i do actually enjoy it because i know and accept that is mostly what ice tanking is.
    • Like x 2
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

So my guess going forward. All content will be geared towards 5-1-1-1. So expectations of support roles will be much much higher.
  8. tiempo Well-Known Player

Looking forward to testing, thanks for providing the additional in-game info. I love maths
  9. supalova20 Well-Known Player

TOTALLY AGREE.....Devs it is a bad idea to promote 5-1-1-1...this solo support role crap is what made the gaming community the crap it is today.....you should promote and make content 1-3-2-2 or 2-2-2-2....everyone ( even or except the tank) should have a partner....this is what made the game fun.....that solo BS is what started bad players arguments cursing breaking get up groups and quitting......DO NOT GO BACKWARDSEE PLEASE....promote TEAMWORK......kill this solo crap or you gonna kill the new community with the same plague.....TEAMWORK devs.....1-3-2-2 or 2-2-2-2 if you dont then it's gonna be more dramatic trust us.....it should always be 2 CONTROLLERS and 2 HEALERS......
    • Like x 1
  10. supalova20 Well-Known Player

EXACTLY devs......totally agree with this! On point with this one bro!
    • Like x 2
  11. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

So what is exactly the breakdown of SP effectiveness in content then?

For example a toon with 150 SP vs a toon with 300 SP of the same "skill level"

If there is little to no difference then I might as well cancel my membership. I was under the impression that Skill points would acquire STATS and STATS would matter....

Please explain beyond generalities

Thank you
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Go on test and see for yourself
  13. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I like the dps type ideas, but it raises some questions.
    My only concern is pftt vs weapon in live solo content vs group content. Would limited power in solos make hybrid and weapon specalist the most effective dps for solos?
    In group content, more power from trolls would make pftt more effective than it would be in solos. Would this make pftt the prefered raid dps following that premise.
    How does this relate to the weapon specalist with melee weapons in group content?
    Will the group content be more melee friendly?
    Will weapon specalists be forced to use WM for max damage? As a staff user, I dont like randomly using a rifle.
    • Like x 1
  14. supalova20 Well-Known Player

This DCUO.....a TEAMPLAY TEAMWORK GAME is it not? 2 controllers and 2 healers always just like Nexus days....DO NOT PROMOTE this 5-1-1-1 travesty....you are killing the fun with this stupid BURN WITH 5 TO 6 DPS.....its ridiculous....listen to the vets...PROMOTE 1-3-2-2 or 2-2-2-2 this 5-1-1-1 is what killed of controllers and healers...nobody wanted to do the role because of the garbage you go through playing with idiots that just want to BURN STUPIDLY in 1second.....we vets are legendary because we WANT TO ENJOY THE FIGHT and TEAMWORK PLAY with our teammates....thats the adrenaline that makes us love this game devs.....killol solo and PROMOTE 1-3-2-2 or 2-2-2-2
    • Like x 2
  15. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

First: Thank you for the information. I have been posting all over that we (the players) need more feedback on where development is at and going. I specifically asked for information on what is done and not done and under consideration. This post 100% addresses the sort of information I have been saying the players need to hear from the devs, so thank you!

I have seen and even participated in MANY posts about just those issues. I am very glad to hear that these things are being addressed.

Also, any chance of DoT play being viable meas slowing things down, but the pace people have been talking about was a ton slower. I hope you find a good compromise because I have used DoTs and AE DoTs and they are not as useful as I would expect.

Those are some very significant changes. It will be interesting to see how they work and I am glad to hear you are fixing things slowly, not just trying it all at once.

Or have one person change role. Say the healer is not keeping up, well, 4DPS, 1T, 1C, 2H might solve that.

Another great list of changes. These should address a wide range of issues I have seen the testers going on about. I have not been on test myself. I was seeing if I could get everything from the AM event. But I have been reading a lot of things by testers and this list is directly related to many, common complaints.

Another bit of good news. Lots of good in this post. Glad to read it and NOT too long at all!
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

The community has spoken on this, and they want easy Street.

Besides there are not enough players who even know how to play the game in any role let alone, Tank, healer or Controller.

That's why we stack groups, at least that's what we say until we logoff or leave a group.

Sadly the game will continue with solo roles but DPS, burn will always be a problem.

Just thinking about it, they have the perfect opportunity to drive the community in the direction they choose and they end up doing what they always do.

Scale the content down to meet the player's and not scale it up and force us to meet the content.

I get it though if they went forward so many would quit or threaten to quit.

Wait so many have already quit, and they don't even need SP or mods to beat any of the current content....
    • Like x 1
  17. supalova20 Well-Known Player

yes devs PLEASE answer this.....
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

There's a great Video on Youtube showing the Olympus Raid run on Revamp 1.2.
    If you notice, due to the Revamp Hybrid Mechanics, it turns into a Solar Flame Fest.
    It will be interesting to see if this continues with Revamp 1.3.
    These players did a great job, with the tools at their disposal.

19. supalova20 Well-Known Player

I agree bro...it's sad....I know a lot of COH vets like myself who want to join dcuo but heard about this dumb burn thing and was like they rather enjoy a great long meaningful fight with friends and allies looking out for one another just having a good ole time rather than a stupid 1 minute BURN COMPLEX these garbage players and noobs promoting.....just sad
    • Like x 1
  20. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

the vets (whats left. and the ones looking to...maybe come back) DO NOT WANT EASY!!!!! this, is what the devs think will get more people playing. easy. all it will do is make even more long term players say...enough...they know this. that why they (tried) to make it a 2x4. but floded to "easy" on it...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.