Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

We are shooting for making each play style output very similar DPS. As you know it's a complicated situation, but we are working on it.
    • Like x 6
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

I AGREE ON ALL OF THIS!!!
    (needs to be tested yet of course ^^ )
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

Some notes to make here before test server 1.3 was up:

• Lowered how much Power we expect PftT players to get through mods and skill points
      • This changes all sorts of projections internally, which in turn changes how things scale, how many mods you need, and of what type, etc
    • Lowered power costs overall
      • Low =100 (was 135), Medium = 200 (was 270), High = 300 (was 450)
    • Increased passive power regeneration rate by roughly 15%
    • Generally decreased effectiveness of Skill Points by 33% (everything but Dominance and Defense)
    • This means you need fewer skill points spent a certain way to achieve PffT
    • Increased the amount of Dominance you get from Skill Points, Items, character levels, and Mods by 45%
    • Generally decreased NPC damage
    • Increased overall tank effectiveness by increasing shields and self-heals
    • Increased the range for many heals
    • Non-boss NPCs will now CC much less often
    • Increased power healing from Controllers
    • Defense and damage debuffs from controllers have been doubled (effectiveness)
    So in summary we have. An all increase in support roles mechanically, increase in passive power regen, increase the amount of Dom you get from SP, but then we have lower power cost of abilities overall and the Req. of power needed for players playing PftT, decrease in NPC damage, decrease in the effectiveness of SP except for Dom and Def, and non boss npcs will cc less often.

If all of that is the case, then my eazy- peazy, radar is starting to kick off. I feel more or so of the skill point changes are being made, because of the crowd who are gonna want to PftT are gonna be dropping alot of sp in power thus making them behind in putting sp in damage stats, so whats happening is they're decreasing the stats others gain to keep in line for the new players and crowd who both combine are gonna want to PftT.

Then to NPC damage, the only way I could counter myself is they did this to revert the changes to npc made prior to WM and AM. For example, when WM first came around and AF1 was the latest Dlc, there was a HUGE npc health increase which made it to where you had to choose to stick to your own loadout and be in there longer then if you took the WM route. So content was being designed around Wm and AM. As for when we tested the revamp without Ams and Wm bonues, I hear people being in Oly for over an Hour compared to 15-20mins on live. So if these are adjustments for that reason then we'll see.

Again, notes made here before Test server 1.3 is even up. But im assuming that these changes are the first of many, before the TC mods starts to factor in.

We want to change power, see how much it changes pacing and PftT, and then look at addressing cooldowns.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Question off the top of my mind: are you guys gonna set the PI and Buff Duration back to 12 seconds?

The reason I'm asking here is because back in the day and even on live, 12 second PI applications made it possible to do all sorts of rotations.

I'd imagine the "Hybrid" Playstyle would feel very clunky because you'd have so little time to do everything before your PI Expires.
    • Like x 2
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

this^
    COOLDOWNS PREVENT AWESOMNESS!!!
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

I saw the fix about tank shields, what about healer and controller shields.
    • Like x 2
  7. spord Developer

It was a change to all shields.
    • Like x 7
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Thank you, I was hoping you were going to say that.
  9. eanur Well-Known Player

I asked about something similar on the atomic testing last time round cause on live atomic was an healer based shield not a tank based one. The response I got from a green name was quite simply there are no healer/troller/tank shields now they all work in the same way
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

Thanks, that was what I was wondering about :)
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree. Wait and see. What is said on paper doesnt always translate into the game and we have seen that so many times. But people still praise what is written on paper w/out actually playing it or testing it. I guess people are calling the description of it great? Im still on the wait and see train. Cause what was described is better. But does it really play that way? Remember WM and clipping was supposed to be a choice of how to dps. Did that translate to the game? We all know that answer. But after reading this today there are things that raise my eyebrows.

Like skill points getting a 33% reduction in effectiveness. I thought the revamp was about making sp matter more? Also many people had been asking for an explanation on the direction, what were they trying to achieve and how they wanted the game to play. It couldnt of been said at the start of all of this that 2-2-2-2 was the goal? That kinda info should be stated at the start of testing, not when it gets changed and isnt really the goal anymore.

Lastly i am very skeptical on the whole 3 play style thing. Ive been vocal and said i personally think there should be a wpn only style, power only, and a mix of both. But hybrid being the default worries me. Because when there has been a choice in the past like clipping vs WM or WM vs AMs 1 is always clearly better then the other(s). For 6 years now there has been a struggle with having combat balanced. Now all of a sudden it will be balanced and have 3 different play styles to choose from? Even tho that is what i feel it should be, saying it and doing it are 2 very different things. Saying hybrid is the default tells me it could end up being the optimal choice over the other 2. I also thought getting rid of 5-1-1-1 was preferred. The changes written in here sound good but i will wait and see how it translates to the game before i make any judgement and imo the final build is what really matters. But they are going in the direction that i personally asked for so i am not complaining here. I just want to see if it actually ends up that way.

Oh 1 more thing. Speccing into power just to cast more powers? So are players going to do less dmg because their prec/might stats are lower because they had to spec into so much power? So u can cast more powers but do less dmg? If so i feel that defeats the purpose of the play from the tray style. Players always go for the optimal play style if there is a choice. Imo a true balance between those 3 styles needs to be achieved for this to all work.
    • Like x 6
  12. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Please ensure that powers like nature and electricity are effective dps because they haven't been for years.
    • Like x 3
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

Any plans to set the weapon buff duration back to 12 seconds?

It feels strange to have a power on cd for 12 sec while only 1-2 short weapon combos are buffed, i dont even mind if u reduce the benefit of the buff to compensate for it.
  14. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Please consider moving tank cleanses back to 12 seconds or 6 seconds. It's needed with all the constant CC. It would also help immensely in PvP as well.
    • Like x 2
  15. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Tank cleanses are 20 seconds long on Live, same as it is on test. What change are you referring to?
  16. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

The immunity last for 3 seconds.
  17. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Oh you're not talking about the cooldown, you're talking about the actual immunity length. My mistake, buddy.
  18. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Given that you're aiming for 2-2-2-2, how about putting some work into the queuing system to help enable this?

For alerts, we have the role-optional alerts setting, which forces 1-1-1-1.

For raids, if this setting applies at all, it frequently ends up queuing us up with 5-1-1-1. How about either altering the way this setting works so that raids get 2-2-2-2, or making a new setting that will enforce a 2-2-2-2 mix?
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To the comments about the skill point effectiveness being reduced, how much of your overall stats come from skill points has been reworked significantly with the revamp and that tweaking continues. We want your choices in skill points to be meaningful, and that's achieved by giving you options to build towards (playstyles/loadouts) and by having the stats you are increasing with your skill points actually impact combat (where they effectively do not on live now, with combat rating differential in effect).

Even with the reduction in expectations, skill points still matter a lot more than they do on live, which is to say much more than not at all.
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

What is your guy view of a lot and moderate? If u are basing it around #s of sp dumped into certain things, certain specs then i think what u guys think is high, middle, and low sp is important info as far as testing all of this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.