Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Yes plz since I don't have time to test...sorcery is my healer and using the pets seems like cheating a Lil bit to me but that's the only way to keep up on live...and also I wld love to see hw electric holding up since its pwr cost is the highest in game...
  2. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

I agree I have both powers and using pets on live is the only way to keep up...pftt suppose to fix tht ...if play from the tray works great then fury and crystal will be in the yard playing with each other
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Question, when you say reduced NPC damage, is this in general for all content? Is it both NPC single target and AOE damage?
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are no longer aiming for 2x4.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We reduced the effectiveness and expectations so that you get a bit more of your stats from other places. This is shrinking the difference between having a lot and a moderate of points dumped into something - for example, power, so that pfft is more accessible to all players.
    • Like x 3
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all sound very interesting looking forward to getting on test to see what were working with.. thanks for really working with us and for laying out the plan so we know what were testing for
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll have details with each power's specific changes when the server opens.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Correct - no new powersets are revamped in this version. We are iterating on feedback from the current six.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is in general with an emphasis on raids.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I wish yall would at least aim for a 1,3,2,2 setup (1tank, 3dps ,2troll, 2heal) would bring a old school DC feel back to the game and would help everything not be a burn contest were people try to out burn the mechanics as some of us still run this way
    • Like x 4
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

This. Or even 4-2-1-1. Just don't do it by making cooldowns longer. Make controlling more of an emphasis

• Like x 1
  12. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

I definitely get the need for a balance so that players without a lot of skill points/newer players can still use a preferred play style.

My only concern is that the expectation of stats matter was that skill points will finally feel like they matter more and be worth their weight.

Perhaps we could implement a tier reward system alongside this system that has innate bonuses tied to it.

50sp = 1% more xyz
    75sp = 1% more xyz
    100sp = 1% more xyz

and so on...
    • Like x 1
  13. TripleOG Level 30

"The Future

We have spoken for a while about how this update will allow us to expand into the future and will give you more options. Well, one of the major choices that we are giving you is the functionality to choose between different playstyles and have these playstyles be supported by the dev team. When I say supported, I mean that we will make items for them, make sure they have similar outputs, and are engaging. I want to take a second to point out some stubs we are putting in right now that we can build on in the future after our changes. All of these are specialized playstyles, btw (again, meaning you will have to make choices in order to “unlock” playing these). Now, some of these may not work out in the future (I can’t read the future) but we are making steps to make these options for growth. These playstyles are:

• Iconic Powers"

What does that all mean for Iconic Powers???
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What's stopping a group from running 1-3-2-2 or 2x4 anytime they want? Why do they have to be forced to do it?

The devs can "aim for" anything, but people will play however they want. I've been in far too many DWF where the 5-1-1-1 group fails on the first boss for hours rather than try 2 healers or 2 trollers. It's always the player's fault for failure; mechanics and design are ignored by the group.

In the United States we've attempted to design society to prevent people for taking part in bad behaviors. It doesn't stop anything; people continue to do whatever they want. The only difference made by the law is that more people suffer because of the prohibition. While not as serious here, the same logic applies in this game. Behavior won't be changed by force.
    • Like x 1
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Breaking down this requirement, some of these are already achieved in the most difficult content you guys produced;

2 or more Tanks, required in GOMe/DWFe/TOTDe
    2 or more Controllers, will be a requirement for most groups after AM/WM power mechanics get removed
    2 Healers, required for some in GOMe, always at least two in that second boss fight.

Shouldn't this tell you that harder content needs to be produced if you want to achieve 2x4 rather than making Tanking and Healing less effective?

The removal of CR Differential would have been the first step in trying to show if the newer content you've produced after it could have met the standards of old raids which actually required additional support roles.

Anyway, hopefully this new update provides the increase in strength that some of support roles lost in the initial iterations of the revamp. Increased range in abilties beyond the priority and the 4man heals would be a welcome change.
    • Like x 1
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Even if some raid mechanics require 2 of x roles, people usually just switch to the needed role for that fight then switch back to their DPS armory when done. I think the 2x4 is a nice dream, but the reality is that players are simply too ingenuitive in bypassing those mechanics. This is the first time I've seen the Devs acknowledge that enforcing 2x4 at all times is a pipe dream.
    • Like x 1
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

So did galvanize range get slightly increased or doubled. I am hoping for doubled
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Thanks for clearing that up.
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

20. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Awesome & thank you.

[IMG]
    This^^^ I spit my coffee on the screen.
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.