Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you for the response.
    A bit of feedback on that would be, please lower cooldowns on higher costing powers. Since the power cost would be a good deterent of utilizing that power and would allow for more spamming of the power that you specced for.

BTW, that does excite me a little. Not gonna lie. It's how I feel AMs should have been. Using your whole toolkit.
    • Like x 3
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

I read that as "Might does affect the strength of your abilities, but not nearly as much as increasing your Power in order to fit another high-output ability on your bar would."

Edit - why am I so slowwwww
    • Like x 2
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Does this mean you will start to listen to Spord more often? Please do
    • Like x 6
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Will the cool downs be reduced so we can use those abilities as much as our power pool allows?
    • Like x 3
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Cooldowns have been adjusted significantly since the first version of the revamp. We will continue to review cooldowns in this update. Running out of power ALSO impacts pace, so we moved in that direction first as we addressed the pfft playstyle.
    • Like x 2
  7. IamINC Dedicated Player

Sounds good , nice work guys , am looking forward to trying it out
  8. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Well, I can't appreciate this 'statsmatter update' like any of the previous builds.
    It does not remotely reflect majority player feedback.

Playing from the Tray or Playing with combos or weapons are not specialized play styles on the live server, even when there was no power back, people played from one or the other or a mix of both depending on what produced best performance.

It is the first time in the history of this game where DPSs are being forced into speccing into power which is not their primary stat.

I don't think you care much for community feedback but are simply forcing your vision of the play style on the player base.

We are 6 years into this game, we don't want a completely new combat system but since you can't help break the game and take it to its imminent demise, have at it.
    • Like x 3
  9. XFuriouSGamming New Player

Yea, I already realised :eek::(:p
    Do u know when test will be up to test this update?
  10. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

Getting role gear. and removing clamps is next!!!!!!!!!!
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

If only I was in a league, then perhaps I could've made it to round 17 in the last SM, instead of my pug groups constantly wiping in rd 16.
    • Like x 2
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

By decreasing the NPC damage, wouldn't that just lead to the very thing your team is working to change in relation to group make up?

If you are trying to encourage the 2x4, NPC damage is one area that would tell groups to bring the extra role, so why nerf the NPC's damage?

If for the Tanks, why are there controllers then?

Just seems weird to do that unless Tanks were having survival issues, but then you increased the Tanks shields/ self heals?

Interesting....
    • Like x 1
  13. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

I gotta say I'd resigned myself to the fact that this revamp ( or rebirth if you will ;)) was happening whether anyone liked/wanted it or not. Past experience had shown that some of the dev team could be rather stubborn and resistant to player feedback and would shove unwanted changes down our throat ... sometimes it felt just to prove that they could. This post however has given me encouragement that at the very least they are reading the feedback and are considering it. Perhaps the sky isn't falling as all the chicken littles would have you believe, or it might turn out as bad as some have predicted. Either way, I'll wait until the final product hits live servers and then decide whether I like it or not.
    • Like x 3
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

no clue, they did not tell us so i am in the dark as well as you lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The changes sound great.
    How will players that play from the tray keep up with hybrid without an AM damage buff?
  16. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Wait... What?

Is this a typo?
    • Like x 5
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Since I know you read these. Up at the top where it says CR differential removed, check. That's not true at all. You all still have not addressed pet powers, that I've seen. As far as I've read, pets are still CR based. So players using pets will have to still wear the top level gear unlike every other power that can use gold OP pieces.

On top of that, maybe a technical break down of what making a tank tankier means and troll and so on? From what I've been reading, tanking was about broken on test. What have you done to improve this?

This is a game based on stats. Most are not little kids and would like a grown up explanation of tankier.

This spectrum is not new. This is what we have now, sigh. AM = playing from the tray, Hybrid = WM, Weapon focused = clipping. Renaming the three current play styles does not make them new, sigh again.

Keeping a tight lip about changes does nothing for you all. Word of mouth on positive changes will. There was a brief moment when people who had previously left considered returning after the first tall of statsmatter update. Word of mouth brought some people back. That was September and we are moving towards February. I have yet to see what the actual vision of this update will be. Tell players we are making tanks tankier is a slap in the face.
    • Like x 4
  18. Magnificent Loyal Player

Are you looking at letting us regen power out-of-combat faster by blocking (like we can do with health regen). I've never understood why being able to regen one was acceptable but the other was not.
    These two points seem at odds with each other. If you decrease the effectiveness of Skill Points, you must then have more to make up the difference (unless that's being made up by other changes like higher damage/healing/power and/or easier content).

While you all are doing this, is there a way you could put visual cooldown timers on things like Soder/Omega buffs, Radar/R&D Enhancers, etc?

Keep up the good work!
  19. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

No additional powersets are being added for testing?
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

I wish they implement a way to make competitive damage without forcing Sorcery and Earth players to basically be trollers for the OP pets. Let us play without pets please!
    I want to play Earth dps using the Seismic tree and Jackhamer, Epicenter and so on... that would the closest thing to super strenght concept.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.