Stats Revamp: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

That is the thing. All powers are becoming more in line for damage in both roles only the dps role will do more based on stats and stance. If they had fury scale to might it, like any other power would have a base value that could be actually specced for. It would be like if an electric healer put electrostatic bomb on their healer loadout. As it is right now, fury scales with only CR which is ridiculous given the theme of this update.
  2. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Exactly #statsmatterunlessyouareEarthorSorc
  3. L T Devoted Player

I think the problem with Pets is that they are still CR-based, so even though CR-differential has gone away, stats still don't matter for pets.

EDIT:
    Dammit! I need to read to the end of the thread before posting!
    • Like x 1
  4. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Or just have fury work like shields dom + resto and take in both prec and might stats equally.
  5. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Not really. Fury's scaled with CR from the very beginning, long before CR scaling was was a thing throughout the game. It'd be more ridiculous to change it now. For powers like sorcery and earth, it works. Put on some extra precision to do damage with your weapon. Or put on some extra might to go straight from the tray. Pets are fine scaling with CR because they've scaled with CR perfectly fine for 6 years.
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

The problem is they have not scaled "perfectly fine" in those 6 years. They have gone through stages ranging from useless to overpowered before AM's were even around. And people have been suggesting that pets should scale with your stats instead all throughout those 6 years. Time to actually try it.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I believe all pets got CR scaling after CR was introduced. As I remember them being weak initially and I do remember several updates they did to their damage way before AMs.

I think it would be a good idea to try it.
    • Like x 1
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Actually, they did scale perfectly fine in those 6 years. A few have suggested they should scale with stats, but it doesn't even make sense for them to. Pets should be the only things scaling with CR because that's consistent and actually makes sense.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

No, they did not.
    • Like x 1
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Personally, I don't care if they scale or not but I think that if scale, would be still more OP. Since he hits just once, obviously if he's scaled he just needs more power and can you imagine what Crystal and Fury can do with a lot of power? If the Fury has a lot of power is not that he'll hit just once. Be careful in what you're asking before it's too late.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think it should scale off might. This would encourage more people trying to get and use their OP pieces.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

actually, OP items is a good reason not to have pet damage scale with stats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.