Stats Revamp: Power Costs

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubsarb Level 30

Is it just me or is the fastest yet most effective solution is to decrease instant power moves back to one second? That way, trolls can react to power consumption used by their teammates dynamically? For example, if the team composition mostly plays from the tray, the trollers can potentially give them enough power to do while still having the ability to cc.

Likewise, if the team composition uses more weapon combos, the trollers can react accordingly as well. This promotes build diversity and more dynamic gameplay. It's not fun for any controller to see our teamates power drop so low and trollers can't keep up. I felt helpless as a troll while running raids in test.

While I understand the notion of each player also being responsible for their own power regen in theory, I don't think this is practical in application if you reduce the controllers ability to give out power. I think I can speak for most trollers that we feel helpless (despite having almost full power bar) since we can't transfer the power we have to the team fast enough to the teammates that need it the most. All we have is a supercharge for the "oh crap" moments. That is not very dynamic gameplay.

For the record, I'm not encouraging battery controller gameplay. I'm all for allowing OPTIONS (full battery, hybrid of battery and cc); however, right now, because of the troller'a inability to transfer power fast enough, ALL powersets are affected negatively.

Side note - some trolls actually enjoy being batteries, myself included. I find it fun and challenging finding ways to potentially keep power hungry people fed. That's just me. Others may enjoy cc. All I'm asking is the ability to satisfy both types of players.
    • Like x 4
  2. Mystere Well-Known Player

Another night's thoughts re test and game direction:

IMO, what made DCUO stand out was that the combat was more like DC INJUSTICE than WoW. You had combos, you had dodging, blocking countering - You DID NOT WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING BASIC LIKE POWER. It was fast and what your next move was depended on circumstances, not power, not power cost, not cooldown timers etc.

The direction you are going is like a traditional WoW clone - just implemented more poorly. If we wanted to play a game like that we already can and in fact those games do it MUCH better than what you are doing on test. Thus, people will leave this game to go play those.

Just get rid of the power heal mechanic for trollers and give them something else like supercharge heal, debuffs and all of the party buffs (CRIT and CRIT CHANCE UP; Prec Up etc). Make them valuable to the team but dont base the entire game on something like power and then try and have the controller role like you have on test. It isnt close to working.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mystere Well-Known Player

ORBITALS and BACKUP

Right now it appears as if the difference between stats around 174 to 187 don't come close to mattering as much as orbitals and back up. The dmg from orbitals and back up is so much higher than that stat difference.

You can have a 174 and a 187 DPS hades duo and after the hallway adds see that the 187 is doing more dmg than the 174. As soon as you hit the first boss, presume both players just use powers and weapons and you will continue to see that difference. Now if the 174 uses back and an orbital but the 187 does not, the 174's total dmg now SKY ROCKETS above the 187. And the difference between orbital dmg and back up dmg between 174 and 187 does not scale the same way your weap and power dmg does. These need to be fixed and addressed.

Right now this difference makes some of the testing difficult when trying to find optimal loadouts etc.

DIFFERENCE ACROSS SUPERCHARGES

The difference between superchare dmg within and across power sets is huge. Stealth into Bunker Buster is WAY better than ANY of the supercharge from electric or Atomic. It is not just a stealth bug. These differences exist beyond that but using the stealth example is an easy example for you to see to get the point. Please go back through all of the supercharges and rebalance.
  4. Mystere Well-Known Player

I figured out how we did this with a solo troll - almost everyone was superspeed and had speed drain!
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Tried testing T2 and T3 solo villain instances tonight at appropriate CRs. I could cast four powers in succession and not run out of power. It was nice. Why doesn't that work wit T8 content?
    • Like x 2
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Passive Regen is bugged from T6 to end game.
    Was able to do clip tray rotation pretty much almost endlessly and killed it...
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

:eek: Is that confirmed?
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Others are seeing it but no word from developers yet. They been dead silent and I sent a pm to Avair... no response yet.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

That sounds like something is bugged with the scaling of consumption based on CR. I am wondering if it is exponentially going up too fast.
    • Like x 2
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

As in you have better regen T6 and up as opposed to T5 and down?
  11. mousy New Player

No it gets worse as you get higher as power costs increase faster then unmoded power pool starting at about 6 medium casts per pool and going lower the more you increase your cr the less efficient you get with power management power cost scales to rapidly and needs flattened to match the power pool we receive from the gear
    • Like x 3
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Look at Mousy's post above.^^^^^
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Right. I didn't use any socket mods on my gear and only spent about 65 SP at CR 56 and felt I had more power and better regen than being fully modded T8 with spending most of SP in power.
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Just to add to your post, it seems like the more modding you do, the less efficient the Regen is. It's like the cr cost scaling tied to gear weight is bugging it out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.