Stats Revamp: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeftToRight New Player

"Cold i was on Test with a fellow leaguemate on Olyr and he was Sorcery DPS at 175 CR and finished second in dmg very close to the first DPS that was Electric at 187 cr. Something is off with the pet dmg and needs to be revised."

sounds like your favoring the cr differential...
    Pets seem fine to me don't see why would anyone want to change it
    Although i fully agree on making others Abilities besides the fury to be more powerful i guess...
  2. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Laziness only thing I can think. Its so much easier on them to just leave it as is.
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Well not just that, but It'd be Finicky for Support roles too now that I'd think about it.

Let's say if you're Sorcery healing; You'd want to have Fury be precision based since you use weapon attacks to refill your bar.

If Fury was might-based on the other hand; it'd kinda be in the way of that.

Personally I still think the pet should scale to a stat, but Have two different versions: One might and One Precision. That way you have a pet for both users to enjoy.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ok so were gaining another move we dont want in a healing loadout just to have offering be the only pet powerbuilder reducing loadouts and making us more cookie cutter NO THANKS

and beyond that my other main concern is Red Soul Aura being removed... that is hands down my fav aspect to the look of a sorcery character and with out that awesome red aura I can safely say i will no longer have a sorc toon in rotation
    • Like x 2
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

6. Harlequin Devoted Player

Abilities need to be buffed so you do not need Fury to be competitive. Impose a nerf to ability damage if a player chooses to use Fury to balance it out.

I hate the pets. My toon predates uber Fury and I resent having to use him to do respectable damage.
    • Like x 3
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

This is very well explained but there is also something else people seem to have always misunderstood about Pets.

Pets have great burst damage and time to regen extra power between trash group of adds and this is where Sorcery and Earth go up the scoreboard. In boss fights, Pets actually have much lower sustained DPS compared to stats based powers like Mental. At the other hand, boss fights are for most part short and often others dont have the time to catch up to Pets.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Pets are effective only when enemies have low health, I.e. solos, duos and alerts, not the case on raids. Pets are fine in my opinion and sorry for the Electricity guy which is CR 187 but certainly he's not using a good loadout.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

correct, Electroburst gives a flat heal and it doesn't increase with number of electrified enemies and there is no mini HoT after. While they state these changes are not a focus for PvP, it's clear to see that this will affect and probably remove a lot of complaints about PvP healing with both Electricity and Sorcery.
  10. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

So wod is precison now smh is it still a single target or does it hit for aoe now?
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

there is no single or multi target. You will receive no damage proc (yellow numbers) when you use WoD. It is a precision only buff meaning it only increases the amount of your weapon damage.
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That's nothing to do with CR Differential. ^.^ that system is not present in this revamp.
    Fury is OK. I would not say he's balanced because he definitely puts out a lot more damage than what feels right.
    Of course he needs a few fixes like that Arcane Barrage projectile attack missing half the time. Once that's fixed we can properly gauge what needs to be done to fury.

It's a 33% precision buff that lasts for 6 seconds with a 12 second cooldown. Single target or AoE is not even a question. All precision damage is affected.
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

Electrcity is arguably the best balanced healing power on live. The power to heal efficiency of Electroburst is outdone by Sorcery's Watcher, which is still around in this update, and the powerback of Nature's Bug Form, arguably the current best healing power on live, especially with the increased Vit of the current hybrid role PvP gear on live.

Honestly, I have not heard any complaints about Electric healing in PvP on live, and with Bioelectric Surge getting it's PI interaction removed on top of loss of Electroburst's efficiency Galvanize is the only remotely efficient heal left. This would likely somehow make it a worse PvP healer than Celestial which I didn't think that would be possible.
  14. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

I get that its a precision buff now but b4 it would double tic as might and as a single target so now that its precision does it still dbl tic as single target or is it tic'n as an aoe hit or do u mean that its basically like inspiration now
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You get no procs. It's like inspiration now
  16. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Ok gotcha
  17. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Why would you even use a Fury when healing? If Fury dmg was Might based it would be in line with other Might based power damage. And you can only load one pet at a time, so why would you heal with a non-healing pet? I can understand the defensive pet a bit because it heals the healer, but to be honest only Fury for DPS and Watcher for heals make much sense. The Guardian has not seen the light of day in my power bar since my 2nd week of play.

You could do the fury off of Might and the Guardian off of Precision, but it still is a power damage so Might makes more sense. If people are using a weapong and going Precision based then they should expect their powers, including pets, to do less DPS.

I think a lot of the issues with the Fury damage would be cleared up if it were Might based. Then, as many have pointed out, it would scale with the player (just like all powers do.) By doing it off of CR, well, then the pet always ends up over or under powered because the pet damage will never match the player's Might based powers.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Some people used Fury in Healer role to do additional damage at times, Not my preference But I wouldn't say it if I didn't see people do it.
  19. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

If they are in Healer role, why would their Precision be high? That was the point f th original thing I replied to, linking Fury to P. It still does not make Fury to Precision make sense.

I bet they are doing Fury as a healer because then they get to be a DPS healer. Linking Fury damage to Might would fix that sort of abuse because then the healer role stats would not support the Fury being a mass damage system even in Healer role. In fact, it is yet another reason why breaking the Fury off of CR makes a lot of sense.
  20. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

No. 'Cus than the healer would just try to buff up their might to up the damage of fury lol. IMO pets are fine being CR based. They should, however, be the only CR based potential. Pets have been CR based years before CR differential was even a thing. There's 0 reason to change it now.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.