Stats Revamp: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullGang Devoted Player

Which is why they need to be balanced properly. Why remove AM's for other powers but the Pets still get to make the most damage ?
    • Like x 2
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

First off; Pets were already staying. Pets were Always a thing for Earth and Sorcery Before AM's were popular.

Second of All; No it shouldn't be dependant on Pets. Back in the Day you had a choice to use pets or not. Pets became the standard post AM era. The Stats-matter era is supposed to be about giving us options, If Fury is doing greater damage then everything else; that's not an option, you're handicapping yourself if your not using it.
    Hence why it needs to be nerfed; not removed.
    • Like x 5
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm not saying Pets should be removed. I'm saying the reliance on them must should be removed.
  4. EasternTime New Player

Since when did pet's do the most damage?
    I Saw a live stream where the same power you mentioned earlier (Electric) out dps'd a sorcery user for 1 mill
    • Like x 2
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm talking about within the powerset. We should be able to create a loadouts that can perform with or without pets. If we can only make load outs that are viable with pets then there is a problem. Power Vs Power is a whole other discussion.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Can you elaborate? They are both spammable low cost heals. Also both ally heals.
  7. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

So is grand summoning the only 100%sc or will all major sc be 100% like for example biggun!!!!!! And another thing that needs to be addressed is weapon of destiny, it needs to become an aoe that splits after 2 adds theres no reason for it being a single target attack and also soulwell needs a shorter cool down considering that it takes 3 soulwells to equal the dmg of 1 full dot .or just buff it and only allow 1 sw at a time and also fury needs better aim he misses 2 much.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

But Sorcery is a Pet power, I.e, a power that depends of the pet to take high damage, so, Pet damage will be the strongest of the power as Earth does.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

That's not stats matter that's pets are op and cr still king.

I really wish they would rethink pets as a class. You have to dedicate two spots on your loadout and then feed the dang thing. That's very restrictive and goes against the idea behind this update.
    • Like x 2
  10. cease94 Active Player

:D Whats up with Invocation of renewal sound effects lmao, u owe it to your self to try it out peeps.
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

I don't think that Fury on test is OP but I agree that pets in general must be scaled by Power or Vitalization instead of CR and also that Fury has the same Crystal's techniques. I just wish that this supposed change cannot be worse and keep Fury still more OP than on Live.
  12. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Yah, that would be an improvement since Soc. now only has one pet feeding power. If you summoned and the icon changed to offering or became the same effect as offering, it would give back loadout options to the player. Right now, a pet is a comittment for 2 spots. They can't add power spots so you need to structure everyting around what works with the pet. By just getting back that one spot you can adjust. Also, this can be critical at times. For some Feats you CAN'T leave the pet up because it will mess things up, But if you ditch the pet you just went to 4 useable slots. With the cooldown on armories when used in combat, that makes for a hard choice if you are having issues with a pet ruining the feat by attacking mobs out of order, etc.

What feats can be done in by a pet? Anything that needs to have a specific kill order or to have items stay intact. The pet's AE can mess all that up. Don't know if all that is going to change with pet changes, but if not, it really makes a ton more sense to have the pet button feed the pet when it is up.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Sorcery Pet damage is out of control compared to the rest of the powersets, it needs to be toned down IMO.
  14. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Simply horrible. I don't like these changes, and I don't see the point behind it.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electroburst doesn't use PI in the revamp though.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Weapon of Destiny is a precision buff in the revamp. Bunker Buster and Mass Hysteria are 100%. Soul Well is a full DoT compareble to Circle.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

RIGHT? Personally I hate it and had to remove it from my loadout. I also posted about it. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

I don't know how much or how long y'all have played pet powers but y'all need to compare Apple's to Apple's.

The pet does damage based off CR.. So if you have a 166cr pet power ..beginning.. of a tier cr against a 166cr Mental then yes.. The pet powers will be more powerful.

But then as you get to ..end.. CR tier 190. Mental Atomic Gadgets ... will crush the pet power.

Might and precision becomes less and less effective for a pet power because dots and Weapon damage is not scaling the same as a AM set up and burst does with straight might.

Anyway I hope that makes sense. They need to make the pet work off might stats that way there is a more consistent damage curve as you level.
    • Like x 5
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Cold i was on Test with a fellow leaguemate on Olyr and he was Sorcery DPS at 175 CR and finished second in dmg very close to the first DPS that was Electric at 187 cr. Something is off with the pet dmg and needs to be revised.

At the same time, if the developers indeed decide to lower the dmg of the Pet, its is pretty obvious and reasonable that some damage moves within the powerset get a buff to compensate the loss of damage, but at least is gonna come from the player and no the Pet, that is basically giving "free damage" like the free POT of trolls, and can encourage some players to run a loadout without the Fury and stay competitive in damage.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've already stated that it should've scaled with a stat before hand. I still don't understand why it was CR based on test in the first place.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.