Creating non-human characters...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kaegrin, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

So obviously it's easy to make chracters that resemble the near-human races like Kryptonians, Amazons, Atlanteans, Thanagarians, and even Martians and Tamaraneans, but what about the ones that look a bit more exotic? What other non-human races have you managed to make with the styles in-game? Has anyone done anything like Dominators, Xudarians, or Khunds?
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I saw a giant chicken one time. Does that count?
    • Like x 7
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Still working on making Haasts more 'bird-like', closest so far has been the Egyptian legs, the Thanagarian head doesn't quite work, but hoping to get the "Hera's Strength" head for her one day
  4. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I made a toon that looks like Gundam B.A.T.M.A.N. :D
    Does this count? :D
  5. DC Urban Committed Player

Oh my I was just saying the same thing today. In dcuo you cannot create non-human characters you just cant do it. You can imagine my huge disappointment playing city of heroes.

The problem with dcuo is not like Champions Online or City of Heroes. DCUO don't have enough non-human parts.

You can only create DC inspired characters here. That does not stop people from trying but it just looks dumb to me. I avoid non-human creations because they feel so incomplete.

Here is a thread for you. People have tried but it did not pick up much steam because the comments were negative from the start. This is not the right game for that I agree.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...show-me-your-non-human-looking-heroes.255189/

You cant do it, don't try it will just drive you nuts.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think if you want to go for something a little more non-human, it might take setting aside what you'd normally find aesthetically pleasing.

There are of course some alien styles on the Marketplace that can be used, but personally I'd start with the male Spark body type because you can get some different proportions on that body type. Skin choice is entirely up to the individual, but as for gear I would look for pieces that might make hands or feet seem larger than usual to help make the proportions seem less human.

Kinda vague, I know, but it's the best I could come up with off the top of my head. LOL
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The problem with that theory is, there are plenty of non-human looking characters in DC: prime example is AquaDork :p
    But no, just have to look at the Lanterns, and AquaDork, but the original DEVs seriously screwed the pooch by having everyone be human, from Earth
  8. DC Urban Committed Player

The closet you can get is trinkets, some imagination, and role playing.

The only thing they can do to remedy this is maybe create some trinkets that can be used in combat of premade models of enemies. dcuo is not the game for non-human stuff. You can create the best superman here tho;)
  9. DC Urban Committed Player

So true here. I still think it is silly that the non-human characters are just walking around with non-human helmets. very silly and kills the vibe. I dont do non-human characters it is foolish. if someone wants to play dress up be my guess. I am not digging the halloween non-human characters who are just dudes with creature helmets. that is all they are.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

people have been asking (I'll go as far as begging) for new skins but they wont make anymore.
  11. DC Urban Committed Player

Sorry to disappoint you Kaegrin it just aint possible. This is the wrong game for that.Don't drive yourself nuts thinking about it.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You can actually get non-human 'heads' on the MP: two types of bird heads, and a few 'alien' heads, but it would be nice to be able to make a true alien character from the get-go (Blacque is supposed to be an alien, but the best could go with is with her skin colour {black glow skin with the glow turned off}, which still has her looking 'human', Haasts is supposed to resemble the legendary "Haast's Eagle", still working on that)
  13. DC Urban Committed Player

I like the idea of a true one but I will settle for some of the enemy parts scattered throughout the game.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

There is nothing this cool walking around the watchtower.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Complete agrecian
  15. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

The vendor by ace chemicals has skin for tigers, robots, a lava skin etc. You can do all kinds of stuff with those.
  16. DC Urban Committed Player

Those skins look like humans, I think the OP are aware of those since they are available from the start. He said exotic, like Champion Online and City of hero levels of exotic which cannot be done here.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

While I can understand the frustration, there is the little detail that making sure gear would fit ALL body types and look decent would become much more challenging and/or time consuming for the dev team.

Star Wars Galaxies had enough difficulties just dealing with alien races like Wookiees and Trandoshans, never mind the fun that resulted from certain headgear being thrown onto Twi'leks and Bothans. And don't even get me started on Ithorians. :rolleyes:

And before anyone says, "Oh I'd be fine with no gear styles showing up on the new body type," I'd keep in mind that a consistent issue/complaint for Trandoshan and Wookiee players in SWG was that they were limited in what they could wear (Trandoshan characters couldn't have gloves or boots showing because of canon and body type, Wookiees could only wear Wookiee gear due to canon).
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

depends what u mean with non-human, u can create a minotaur or a werewolf or a rhino a bird etc a lot of animals , the parts are in the game.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

A game where you can create your own character set in a Universe that has aliens (and non-humanoid as well), heaven forbid anyone would want to make a non-human :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I would love, love, love to create a Dex-Starr. I mean, how badass are the Red Lanterns to have a common house cat in their ranks.