Stats Revamp: Mental 1.2

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

It has high power cost, high damage, and 2-3 sec cooldown.
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

2-3 cooldown ? Really ? Why are other high power cost powers on 12 second cooldowns ?
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It isn't spamming; when the PI needs a restart, or dots are done and need to be restarted. Is this what the Devs want; forced weapon use? DOTS nor PI's can't be played from the Tray properly.
    • Like x 1
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Mass Terror and Mass Levitation probably have the longer 12 sec cooldown because of the CC effects? Not sure exactly. Phantom Flames and Telekinetic Bolt both have short cooldowns and high power costs though.
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

I need to do some comparisons with Electricity because I know for a fact Voltaic Bolt is high cost and long cooldown which doesn't seem to be fair.
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yeah. Voltaic Bolt and Electrostatic Bomb seem to be the heavy hitters in electricity, and they're both 12 seconds. I can kind of understand why ebomb has the long cooldown because it's a dot, but Voltaic Bolt seems exactly like Phantom Flames/Telekinetic Bolt but with a longer cooldown.
  7. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

I like the idea of pot being active all the time, because it opens up more space on a controller's loadout for other abilities of the controller's choosing, which was one of my many issues with the controller role previously.

Not sure I like the change of physic empowerment having such a long cool down. I was a huge fan of how it could be used to cancel weapon attacks and powers to allow constant movement. I also liked that physic empowerment healed power to yourself in the last patch, and I'm a little sad to see that's no longer the case. Also now that it doesn't give power back I'm really missing the damage buff it used to give to might and prec.

Power cost scaling, in regards to moves that a controller would use, seem to a be a bit absurd. I spent my sp pretty evenly between dom, power, vit, prec, and might and after just a few powers I'm out on a cr 116 character.

I'm uncertain where to put this, but I feel it affects controller powers with shielding the most, so i'll put it here. The regenerative shielding tactical mod isn't working properly. My restoration is over 3k and my dominance is over 2k, but I'm only getting roughly 70 points in healing, which is useless. On live, atleast when I was playing (quit a bit before cr differential became a thing), it was close to 2k in healing.

Speaking of shields I feel controller gear needs more dominance and/or restoration because I feel ads are breaking my shield way faster than they should, or at least was possible in previous iterations of the game. I did a walk in of the armory alert and was quite alarmed at how quick mental's shield was going down.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Most HT mods got a nerf of sorts.
  9. AESROD New Player

Where should I go if I want to give feedback on trolling?

But anyways I've tried trolling with mental and I have so much fun but I'm so let down bc how limited I am in giving out power. I have a good rotation to trolling adding in horrific visage to get my supercharge Bastion ready to use again and again and again, but group eventually runs low on power. I feel the recharge ability should either be scaled up in the amount of power given or gives power to the whole group, since the cooldowns is like it is. But I like trolling it's fun. - Trapo
    • Like x 1
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't think any of the 35%'s should work off a pi so they are just as viable for any build, and the cooldown need to go so once the boss is at 35% you can use it after each weapon attack. I still don't get these cooldowns they really kill the fluidity of the powers especially on the pi applicators.
    • Like x 2
  11. xD25x Dedicated Player

When you started playing your also did all your quests following the storyline for a predetermined mentor and had only a small option of powers and gained more abilities as you leveled up. Of course at level 5 you have to use weapons. It's been a long time but I think the storyline says exobytes were released and gave us powers, exobytes weren't released and started handing out rifles and shields.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

for crying it out loud: COOLDOWNS PREVENT AWESOMNESS!!
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: phantom FLAMES need a DOT for BURNING,
    or just rename it phantom burst, however: do sumting!!!
    • Like x 2
  14. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It's "Phanthom" it shouldn't even have an Animation, nor Damage.
    But Serioulsy. They old Stun Animation was so cool; why pull it?
    Without that Animation is should be called "Another Hit"
    • Like x 2
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

the only thing those flames burn is your power bar...
    • Like x 3
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol What good is a 35% move that i have to keep waiting on to use. ugh these cooldowns
    • Like x 1
  17. E Clip Dedicated Player

PI applicators on Mental need fixing, you can do either MT or TT for Terror PI, one which has an absurdly long CD and an absurdly short range and the other one which has an absurdly bad projectile and tends to miss quite frequently. For Dazed you can do either ML or TK, one has an absurdly long CD and the other one is single target. This is the most pressing issue at the moment and I dont think you can move forward with Mental until this is addressed.

Cooldowns are fine, perhaps TKP and PS have way too short CD's but hey if someone wants to press 1 button than to actually make a rotation then its cool, but the way it is now that 1 button spam nets you the highest DPS and is least power hungry, hardly what I would call skillful/engaging combat. Then the other issue is that there are only 2 damaging powers for each PI: TKP/TKB for Dazed and PS/PF for Terror and I guess you can do a 2 moves rotation with Menace + MT/ML depending on the PI of choice, but all these moves being absolutely the same besides their small damage difference, I dont think anyone will need more than 2 anyways, so I guess you can round up the loadout with either Pyro/Terrorize and Bolt Barrage, however using Pyro in a rotation is questionable as it doesnt seem to provide any real benefit over TKP/TKB/PS/PF. Which is sad to me personally, because Pyro used to be staple for the single target dot loadout, just like MT has always been a staple in all Mental rotations and loadouts and none of that is viable now. To make Pyro worthwhile it needs to have its burst back like it was before WM.

TKB/PF have way too high power cost, intentional or not I dont know, but its annoying and I think other powersets complain about similar issues so it seems to be a problem across the board.

Im still wondering whats the benefit of Psychic Prison in damage role. Same as with Pyro I dont see why would I want to use it over TKP/TKB/PS/PF. If its intended as a DoT loadout and rotation, I dont think its viable, in fact the whole DoT rotation isnt viable, so you might wan to look into that as well.
    • Like x 1
  18. warpaxio Well-Known Player

exactly, both MT and Pyro dots..dont rly work as dots. both of them tick 5 ticks of dmg within 2 sec. the whole point of dots and having them in your loadout is that they should stick longer (i would say 10-12 sec) and eventualy result in higher dmg over time than a normal burst power.

i hope they fix/adjust dot powers to work like they normaly do, cuz right now they are more like a more consistent version of a burst power (crit wise, due to dmg beeing split in 5 sequances)

the cooldowns seemed fine to me, so does the powerback. i still would adjust power cost of some of the powers or adjust their dmg out, cuz it feels power to dmg ratio is of the chart and rly unbalanced.
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

since terror is applied to multiple targets with terror tendrills and mass terror is aswell a PI setup AND a DOT, terror is easier to use and does more dammage than you can have with a dazzed loadout... it hurts me that this is the way mental allways was and allways will be...
    now to my suggestions: give phantom flames a DOT, take it from mass terror or take away the burst dammage of phantom flames,
    in addition:
    make the telekinesis setup add its PI to at least 3 enemies at a time or take away mass levitations cooldown. also: psychic prison needs to work with dazzed PI, dealing additional dammage to dazzed enemies, to bring dazzed in line with terror powers.
    you could also take away the burst dammage from mass levitation to make up for taking away its cooldown,
    or make it a combo powers in wich you can slam the enemies to the ground...

pls devs, give me a sign that you have read my suggestions... pls!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.