Stats Revamp: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

The range and strength of transmute is honestly nothing like shard of life was, it's very weak and needs adjusting.
    • Like x 1
  2. Invitation2Hades Well-Known Player

Bug with Watcher. When watcher enters and exits combat he will not stop spending power. The only way to fix this is by re summoning him.

Also is it intended for nothing to display in the "current effects" tab?
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I agree. I used to love transmute when it could blow stuff up, then it was nerfed, so I switched to Shard and now it's gone! /cry /wrists
    • Like x 1
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The Watcher plus Offering produces one of your strongest 8 man heals called Remedy. I have a couple of videos where you can see it's strength compared to other heals.

In-game Footage

Overall Initial first thoughts (Healing)

I think the healing of Sorcery plays really nice. I enjoyed the healing immensely more with Sorcery than Electric. I never used Boon of Souls since like, well, shields have a low base cap strength so it's kinda useless to run shields anymore. I think the shields on test right now should be looked at and revised with more strength to their cap. I enjoyed how I could implement two different styles of healing (a third possibly if Transmutation was not bugged). There's a fourth build that could be made that would be composed of shields and such....if shields were stronger. There was a supercharge build with Arbiter and a pet build. Both were just as good in their own way. Overall, the healing, with the right spec...seems to be efficient for it's power-to-heal ratio.

I like the changes to Soul Well, much needed in a long time, though I do miss the big burst heals you used to get when adds died. Soul Well now lasts for 12 seconds and is a full strength HoT very comparable to Circle. Combine both and you get a nice chunk of HoTs stacking in the background. Rejuvenate though, seems weaker than intended. It's supposed to be a stronger single target heal but it heals less than Ritualistic Word and Watcher's Remedy.

Me and Penryn ran the Will of Darkseid duo where 2nd boss and last boss are tough to manage due to the percentage based attacks they do. With electricity I was not able to heal that (maybe because I don't play electricity well) but with Sorcery it was much more smoother.

Arbiter, already a good supercharge on live, is even nicer on test! It feels like it's worth being the supercharge cost and it's effects are terrific for those rough situations. Great additions to it. I am disappointed at the removal of heals such as Shard of Life and Soul Siphon, but I'm happy with changes to Ritualistic Word, Offering, and Soul Well. I think Rejuvenate needs to be stronger since it's a single target focused heal. Overall I'm happy with the healing on first try. I will need more runs to see how it heals in different types of content.

Bug Report

Exiting a form change like Arbiter, removes fast movement mode and you can no longer use fast movement mode. It's in the videos above.

And Watcher seems to continually waste power in and out of combat. He seems to stop when I banish him away.

EDIT: One more video coming through with raid footage.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Just to point out about shields.. dominance helps out a bit.
    Even with the strength of the heals you can put out. (Still saw powerful crits with a bit of dom in the mix)
    but yes they seem to have a much lower threshold. I think they may be bugged.

Base heal on priority heals are comparable to Bio Electric Surge from what I saw my friend do. They both are at a base strength of 48-59 which is a bit low in my opinion as well.
    There is a much bigger range on rejuvenate which I guess was the trade off.

Anyway, I concur with what ya said.
    Nice to see you again buddy. ^.^

-Prophetic Warrior
  6. Sun Goddess New Player

Character name: Mini Test
    Power: Sorcery
    CR: 166
    Content ran: Raising Hades duo
    My play style : A combination of weapon combos/mastery and powers
    My usual DPS load out : Offering, weapon of destiny, circle, transmutation, fury, grand summoning.
    My usual rotation on live; that I tried on test: Offering, WOD, Circle, weapon combo, transmutation, weapon combo, transmutation, weapon combo, transmutation..... repeat.

Findings:
    My usual rotation did not work, as i ran out of power after doing my 3 start off powers, mostly because the power cost for circle seemed to be quite high. I could never recover my power bar unless I just used weapon attacks for quite a while.

The only rotation that seemed to work was: power, weapon combo, power, weapon combo, power, weapon combo, etc. I don't think that is a play style that most would enjoy.

I noticed it states while using fury, you receive less passive power back, so I tried a load out without fury. I did seem to get a bit faster power regeneration (still not enough), but my damage output was less. Having Fury in load out still seems to be needed for optimal damage.

For the players who like to use powers only..... that would not work with the current test set up.

I hope you find my feed back to be constructive.

~Sunny
    • Like x 3
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

After play with Sorcery for more or less 1 hour I have some considerations...

Bug report

Well-known and already mentioned that Fury misses attacks when juggle enemies.

Comments

I've been played with a basic loadout: Offering-Fury-Boom of Souls-Soul Well-SC charge-SC GS. 40 sp on crit chance, 80 sp on crit damage, 40 sp on precision, 10 sp on power. No issues with power. I just spam WM, with Offering and Soul Well.

Requests

Could Fury have the same Crystal's techniques? Give instant special AoE attack and have Martial Arts or Shield or Bow abilities?
    • Like x 2
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Uh, you never needed those to power your pets ever on live either lol. Offering has ALWAYS been how you powered fury.
    • Like x 3
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm all in favor of Fury having the same abilties like Crystal does. I just hope the Developers Give Earth a Really Good Supercharge boost; comparable to grand summoning in that matter.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well to give power regeneration to yourself and fury you did.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Yup all ya needed was offering and nothing else. And that is all ya need now. Ya never needed a bad karma PI or powers from a certain tree to power your fury. Only change is offering now powers the watcher too. WoD and/or CoD never had anything to do with powering the fury either. As far as i remember. Like i said i havent played sorc for a little while but i did play it twice in the last 1.5 years.

And i dont see offering as being needed in healer role as a good thing. Its a loadout spot that is now used up simply for powering the watcher and nothing more. What happened to variety and giving people choices? This change forces people to use offering if u use the pet. Where before ritualistic word also healed plus gave the watcher power. Again i could be wrong on that and someone correct me if i am. Stuff like this is why i ultimately dont play the pet powers anymore. I dont want to be a mini troller for my pet ;)

I also see where running a shield as a healer isnt worth it and hasnt been for awhile? I strongly disagree with that. I use swarm shield and blessing for both my healers and they never come off the bar off those 2 toons. Numerous times ive watched shields keep people alive and at the end of OLYe a shield comes in handy to say the least.
  12. Trick Dacy Active Player

just incase you guys didn't know. offering always powerd the watcher. it didn't tell you in the description that it did, but it did.
    • Like x 5
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

14. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

No. Giving power generation to fury literally required and requires NOTHING beyond offering.
    • Like x 1
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Doesn't really matter to me anymore really. I think most of these proposed changes are absolute ****, remove a lot of the unique elements of sorcery, and destroy what strategic and skillful considerations are left with sorcery. Honestly, after seeing these changes, I'm actually glad my sub is ending soon and I'm stepping down from the rat race. Most of these changes were not needed or even asked for and, I'm sad to say, with similar changes happening to all power sets, will ultimately destroy this once great game..
    • Like x 4
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

your right, if you hit the powers you will get the power regeneration that's what i said on live right now. you just need that one spell for fury, but on test you don't need to hit those two power to give yourself power regeneration.
  17. KellyCares New Player

Fury seemed to hit around the 10,000 range for me at 174cr and around 13,000 might. As far as offering goes seems like he runs out of power a little faster and you have to throw offering more then before. The burn seemed a faster with fury in loadout but you also run out of power quicker with it. To put up good damage you might have to still use weapon because with all the pets and offering and damage reduction to c.o.d. its not the best p.i. to use and power tree to choose from is limited.
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I just dont like Karmic Suspension, Shard of Life would have been a much nicer SC gain ability and the animation casting with both hands over the head is much better looking. On top of that Shard of Life would have had the damage potential needed while Karmic Suspension is just meh from every angle.

The only good thing I find so far is the much faster animation of Transmutation.

And I really miss Red Soul and Golden Soul auras, cant they be attached to show while we use Fury and Watcher ? I dont see why we have to lose 2 so visually pleasing effects.
    • Like x 6
  19. DarkAya Dedicated Player

So, is this intended that Fury takes 50% of some add's (Cyklops) health in Typhon's invasion area with a single hit?
    CR 173.
    It was a 16k hit I believe.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Exactly, he gives just 1 hit instead of 4 and your entire power bar is spent. I don't know if this is intended but probably yes, because i noticed that Offering recharge the power bar more fast than on Live.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.