Stats Revamp: Atomic

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Atomic Reorganization pull power is negating Controller crowd-control effects.

Paralyzing Dart Example
    Atomic Reorganization negates the sun effect from Paralyzing Dart:

However, Ice's pulling power does not negate the effect with Paralyzing Dart:

Cryo-Field Example
    Atomic Reorganization negates the stun effect from Cryo-Field

Ice's pull does not negate the crowd-control effect for Cryo-Field:

Can Atomic Reorganization be updated so it does not negate crowd-control effects?
    • Like x 1
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I'm liking it so far. I do think the power cost is a little much for some of the powers but cooldowns seem ok for the most part. I'm satisfied!
  3. spord Developer

Thanks for the update. I either missed getting these or the blink tech doesn't care about other CCs. Either way I will take a look at it.
    • Like x 3
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

More feedback: It took me about 5 minutes to defeat pengbot in Iceberg duo at 166 CR. Is that good?
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Isnt cooldown of Thermochemical Explosion too long now?
    Doing a melee combos rotating only Atom Splitter and Thermochemical Explosion seems impossible for both DPS and Tanks.

How did u guys go around that ?
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

So far I believe the DPS side is pretty good. Minus the combos taking up so much power.
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

but i like knocking the boss on his butt with my Mace :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree. The cooldown in a little longer than expected but i like using martial arts and hand blasters so it doesn't bother me too much.
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

And long did it take you to beat both bosses? Just curious so I know I'm not doing too bad lol
  10. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

WHAT THE >#$< HAPPENED TO PLAY FROM THE TRAY!!!!! I tried Atomic and every instance, I ran out of power in the duo after 2-3 power attacks. We should be able to play from the tray and not HAVE TO USE weapons for power.
    • Like x 3
  11. L T Devoted Player

Yeah. it took some getting used to on test. I kept expecting beta surge to block break and found myself annoyed when it didn't.
    Other than the above comment and the very long cool down of TCE, Tank stance seems to play very similar to live.

I think there's a problem with Atom Smasher's CC-- it seems much weaker. I'm not sure if it was a range thing or immunity/break out, but it seemed like after the first pull the adds were immune to additional CC effects from the combos. I might be seeing the same bug that Penryn reported.

DPS was really good for Atomic. I didn't 100% play from the tray, but I was able to do lots and lots of combos and not run out of power. Both supercharges seemed pretty strong. Quite a bit better than Mental's or Electric's.
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think that the tanking was fine. Just a question though, should I have a supercharge generator as a tank for the group shield?
  13. L T Devoted Player

Really? I found using combos I almost never ran short of power. What load out were you running?
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It would help if you gave more information, such as what loadout you used, your CR, how many SP you put into Power etc.

There was one guy complaining on the Server chat on test saying he wanted to use just powers so I explained to him that in order to be able to play more from the tray he would have to put SP into Power and he just responded "Eff that" (I cleaned it up a bit). If people want to play primarily from the tray they will have to put SP into Power and pick abilities that have lower power costs. You cannot neglect investing SP into Power and fill your loadout with high power cost, high damage abilities and then complain about not being able to play from the tray. Sacrifices have to be made in one way or another no matter which play style you choose. (That's not aimed specifically at you, Savior, more of a general comment)
    • Like x 3
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

The only power problem I came across was when using neutron bomb and I barely specced into power. Must be you not being used to it maybe. Possibly could've joined after 2013 so it makes sense if it's unfamiliar to you. Like stated above you need to give more information. What loadout were you using?
  16. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Atomic is looking and playing great on Test Server both on DPS and Tank Stance/Role, just need a bit more tweak on cooldowns and power costs, TCE in particular.

Considering this early test impression on Atomic, got some info already that many Ice players are tinkering now on jumping to Atomic on Live Server.

Willing to do some more test as Atomic looks and performs very promising on Test Server at the moment ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. krytine Loyal Player

Not really carring for the 15% heal on dom now. We had more issues on live when it was less then 48%
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

There is no way to do full melee combo continuously like we do at Live.
    So what is so good looking and promising ?
    Did you throw a ranged combo in the mix for tanking or you combo a little then wait cooldowns and block a little or u mix combos with weapon clipping ?
  19. Nemesir Well-Known Player

My main on live is also Atomic and i do my combo on situational basis as always. I know when to combo just once on timing or continuously, depending on the current gameplay situation.

On test, yes, we cannot do full melee combo continuously, so i resort to mix it up with weapons just like what i do on live when i'm soloing the new Anniversary weekly Archons mission ;)
  20. L T Devoted Player

I think that, if there's one really good thing about this update, is that I can see some new play styles working with some of these powers. The supercharge generator does some CC, so it might help with juggling adds. you might get away with:

AS - BS - SC Gen - Breakout - PR - Mass Density

I wouldn't say you *should*, but it might work ok.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.