Stats Revamp: Gadgets

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Do I have a ranged 6 second group AoE stun in Controller role? Dart used to fill that role, but it is single target now. I noticed that Vortex Cannon and Cryo-Field are my mid-range 6 second stuns.

EDIT:
    It looks like Fear Gas is my ranged AoE 6 second stun for Controller role. Also, don't jump cancel it early or you only get one/two ticks of damage on a decent duration DoT.
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Please

Please

Please just change "EMP Pulse" to "EMP" now.
    • Like x 5
  3. Shin-O-B Developer

No, unfortunately not. Gadgets is much more of a skirmishing Superpower than Mental is.
  4. Shin-O-B Developer

But then you would lose the best part of your signature :(
    • Like x 3
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

One thing I'm noticing tonight is that Psychic Empowerment and Defibrillator are not returning power to the caster (me). Psychic Empowerment has been returning power to the caster since StatsRevamp 1.0.
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm downloading test now to give feedback. For Decoy, it should remain out 50 to 70% of the time while the rest results in the cool down. Some players forget that the Decoy taunts every 5 seconds on live. So if the Decoy inflicts its taunt, which is not as powerful as a player's taunt in tank role, every X seconds, it balances in its function aside from just the cooldown. New targets coming into the AoE taunt range are not taunted by the Decoy until that time occurs.

Otherwise reducing the length of time the Decoy remains out makes it impractical and it's currently a selling point with Gadgets Controlling.
    • Like x 1
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I think I could deal with that if I didn't have to read that atrocity every day ingame anymore :D
    One more thing about EMP, it still says [vulnerable to interrupt] but I just tested it in a duel and it doesn't seem to actually be vulnerable anymore. Is this a leftover tooltip or is it supposed to be vulnerable now?

Please either do that or revert some other powers back to PI usage. Apart from the mines we now have no cheap spammable PI utilizers.

How is Fear Gas supposed to work? I used it a couple of times and didn't get the DoT every time. Sometimes it only did 2 ticks for me and sometimes it applied a longer lasting DoT. When I jump cancelled it I only ever got one single tick out of it. The DoT seems to be a bug for me but I hope the JC thing isn't intended. Even with the GU36 Jump Cancel it's still a fast power with a (more or less) advanced way to use it. If JC got removed as a DPS tool that would be a shame.
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Gauss Grenade is bugged and does no damage at all to Electrified targets.
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Decoy was only used to avoid having a tank in the first place or when a tank when down so it being weaker than a tank's taunt isn't important. And taunting every 5 seconds it can still be exploited if you have 2-3 gadgets dps's with it being on a 12 second cooldown currently on test.
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

When was the last time you saw 2-3 gadgets DPS tank a raid without a proper tank in the group? This is the most unique ability Gadgets has for trolling, no need to make it useless because of hypothetical scenarios that occur once every couple of years anyway. Holo Decoy is a great utility power and having it at 50% uptime won't break the game as you can see on live servers.
    • Like x 3
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Mighty Hornet tanked KCT as a HL troll. Could've had 2-3 gadgets dps's in his group considering they had 4 dps (4dps 2 troll (1 tanking) 2 heal). And it's not 50% uptime anymore. It's up full time currently. I'm asking for it to be like how it is on live.

EDIT: To clarify, it has a 12 second cooldown of when you can use it, but the decoy is up for all 12 seconds of it. It's permanent.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Reports
    To elaborate on what Crimson Mayhem reported above:

1. Fear Gas is doing inconsistent damage ticks. When I first apply it to an enemy (and don't jump cancel), I get a long duration for DoT ticks. If I use Fear Gas on the same enemy, it only damages it for two ticks. Here is an example:

2. Gauss Grenade won't do any damage on Electrified enemies:
    • Like x 2
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yes, it should be like it is on live. I thought you were suggesting further reduction in uptime because I don't support that at all. Competent players can use Decoy to replace a tank but it's not easy or reliable enough to become standard or even common. It's a situational utility power with a skill curve and that's good.
    Obviously it's OP with 100% uptime as it is on test.
  15. Shin-O-B Developer

EMP should be vulnerable, and probably will be in the next patch. I am interested in seeing how it plays without the vulnerability though.

Fear Gas is channeled and cannot be Jump Canceled. However...
  16. Shin-O-B Developer

...these two abilities are suffering from the same issue, dealing with their Power Interactions and damage applied. This should be fixed in the next patch!
  17. lfc09kris Well-Known Player

Can i ask why Cryo-Foam was removed??
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

What do you mean? There was an alternative Jump Cancel implemented for abilities like Fear Gas cancel them within 0.8-1.0 seconds. This newer JC is still intact on test and live and it allows us to get the PI damage and most damage ticks off Fear Gas without having to execute the full channel. Pretty much no one has ever regularly used Fear Gas without using either the original or new Jump Cancel and it's been one of Gadgets' signature abilities.
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

You don't get the REAL PI damage. I noticed that fear gas has an extra burst tick for like 10k at the end of the channel when you have both PI's applied. You won't get that huge tick if you cancel it.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is Surprise Attack supposed to cause the camera to pull back? I'm finding to be kind of annoying:

EDIT:
    Is Surprise Attack supposed to cost 0 power?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.