Stats Revamp: Power Cost Update 1/11/17

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Of course Live and Test arent Comparable. Live has the Power Return Mechanic that comes with the AMs. Test has removed those. Playing from Tray on Test andin this Revamp may just mean we have to use our Soders, Supply Drops etc more frequently now and there isnt a problem with that besides working on Feats that dont require Soder Use but thats where we also have Healing Barrels. Im not a fan of the Power Regen (Havent been on Test since the 8th mind you) but so far it just means this new meta might just need us to use these items more frequently. i tested without using Soders and what not and it was playing the waiting game. Now Ill make sure to use Soders and stuff and see if it makes for a more enjoyable run. Using such items arent taboo and even on Live, I dont use these items so if it gets me to use them then more power to it. Playing from Tray will have a new definition and meaning in the Revamp and it might just mean we have to use our extra items to accomplish it instead of having the Devs rework the regen.

Onward to test it!!
    • Like x 1
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

I did not soder or sidekick for power. The only time I used either was in the last fight. I didn't need power in the last fight; I needed healing. The fact that I received power from those sources was purely incidental and ended up being inconsequential to the fight.

Again, you're grasping for straws. No, this is not exactly like Live because AM's are gone. They are gone. They're not coming back. Deal with it. Accept it. Adapt.
    • Like x 1
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Js.
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Heh. I like that. Kinda mysterious and threatening. So badas right?

Like I said before I'm fine with having an unlimited power mechanic if that's what people want. I agree that what's on test is not true unlimited power even when using the right abilities.

With AM's on Live you get very minimal flexibility in ability choice and zero flexibility in timing in return for true unlimited power. But because of the strict timing, people pay more attention to their rotations in order to keep their AM active than they do engaging in DCUO's unique block / interrupt / blockbreaker combat system.

The Test version of "playing from the tray" gives you only slightly more flexibility in ability choice and unlimited flexibility in timing in return for truly generous power regen. Power is not unlimited, but there's never before been a time where you could cast a single ability 30+ times in a row with no power-back mechanic or weird timing involved. You can stop to block without messing up Power regen. You can actually pay attention to the combat mechanics without worrying about dropping your AM. And it is literally so easy to regen your power it's ridiculous. A few swipes of your weapon and you're back to casting. The 2013 version of myself would think ya'll are crazy thinking this it too hard.

But like I said, if you want your unlimited power mechanic then that's fine. Just change the Controller class's function from providing group power to something else.
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Just have unlimited power in solos and duos and have a decreased amount in alerts and raids. Keeps us happy and still makes trolls useful.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

In solos and duos playing completely from the tray is possible by increasing power from blue bubbles and simply applying the controller roleless buffs.

However this type of playstyle would bleed over into alert and raid content and people would only ask for increased power regen there.

one rotation, weapon attacks, one rotation, weapon attacks is not playing from the tray.

However devs need to flat out and say it that playing from the tray is not possible. Dont beat around the bush and do minor tweaks here and there and say you should be able to play from the tray, and then reality sets in and you cant.

If they do, then they need to change the power stat or the way power regen works based off the power stat.
    • Like x 1
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

I agree. This is seriously getting us nowhere. I'm sure the devs want to move onto other things but we keep getting stuck on power cost and power regen.
    • Like x 2
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You don't get Blue Bubbles from Boss fights; and that's where you need power the most.
    Perhaps they can have the Bosses release Blue Bubbles after each 5% damage done. That may add an additional extra bar of damage over a fight.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

None of those "reasons" say can't. Maybe won't but not can't.

Surely fixing Electricity and Nature would be far preferable, easier and make the population happier than an utterly reinvented combat system that makes DCUO feel like a completely other, much slower, much less fun game.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not sure if you noticed but this entire update is meant to dumb down rotations, make multiple gameplay options viable and bring roles closer together.

Continuing AM wouldnt work for that playstyle.

They must have done some sort of research as to why players were quitting or what was most frustrating. Perhaps not being able to use certain powers, weapons, etc was a key factor. And the bar into high level content without using AM is probably the most frustrating for new players.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.