Stats Revamp: Mental 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Telekinetic Push has a slightly longer range on it than what Telekinesis does:

At 4 seconds, I step back, let the target reticle turn gray, and use Telekinetic Push that does damage. I follow that up with another Telekinesis and you can see I'm out of range for that power..

If you're in a fight which requires you to remain at maximum distance, the Dazed PI powers are the best ones to use. The Terror PI powers seem to produce slightly more DPS in close-quarters combat.
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Ok, so the damage is further than the animation.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Just for clarity, are we still using the rule of:
    Single target - Hits one target only.
    Multi target - Hits 8 targets and splits after 2.

?

As I feel TK should be able to hit more targets, since objects don't get flung anymore since content no longer places objects. (as well as the player created object glitch was changed.)
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

I remember CE's having more of an effect on the bots for Granny's buffs in HH SM more than the actual DWF raid. I haven't ran DWF raid on test to look at their profile. While in alerts CCing is slightly better than raids on test, I need to run more raids to see if it's a one blanket over everything type of deal for them.

This new batch of devs reduced the window to control NPCs by 2 to 3+ times, and doubled (in some cases triple) the immunity window. This is a major step backwards from what Controllers have been asking for in the past. The game has been around 6 years and for 2 to 3 of those years, Controller players were vocal about having more to control & wanted more potent control effects. This has been taken away.

The most annoying, sluggish, and awkward gameplay came from using Empowerment when I used a Controlling focused loadout. The damage rotation can be planned & timed after each power/weapon. But with CC focused it's reserving multi target effects for the correct size group assuming the content was difficult. So with that in mind I didn't want to have a strict rotation set up with Empowerment clipping like I would for dps or offensive troll.

In R.I.P. I was able to control most enemies using Visage, Prison, Mas Lev, and Pryo with Trick Shot. Transitioning from one crowd to the next with the long cool downs and having to watch all my animations is what made it feel sluggish. I had powers ready to CC the next crowd, but having to watch the animations play out and limiting what I can do per second (animation length) is not what I'm used to. I like rapid game play where I can cast 2 or 3 effects in 1 second often. So I'll probably experiment with additional consumables for their effects and other tools outside of the powerset if I ever attain them. This won't affect players who play more slowly, or just casual, so they will be comfortable with it. This is just my perspective.

I thought about carrying 2 defense debuffs but there's no way I was going to do that. It's just a poor design choice to choose 2 long cool down powers when the other debuffs are much shorter. So they'll change that given feed back.

Right now, everything across the board has had a reduction ineffectiveness to accommodate the increase in stats. So I'm wondering if they'll even tell us what the new Defense Debuff % reduction is. I'm only assuming they reduced it I'm not saying they have. Not many players know this but like 2 or 3 years ago the defense debuff was nerfed so that damage mitigated went from 15% to 10% and on live we penetrate 5% instead of the 7%. I don't think they would go lower than that. If so, the buff wouldn't really be needed but just preferred. If they made the debuffs more potent and needed in this StatsRevamp, that would actually be a feat in its own.
    • Like x 3
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Same, I really didn't see a point in having a regular soder slot since my power management was fine from using bow/hb and since my power out is limited, I doubt I'll be using energy or vit soders anymore. I was gonna use pvp consumables for PI's/damage/CC.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Thanks for the info. I understand tank pulls overriding CC effects but if the enemy is still within a physical CC AoE then it should definitely have the stun re-applied for the rest of the duration of the power imo. Hopefully this is something that can be reworked.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I'm seeing unusual damage. I feel that terror powers do far less than the dazed. Also, pyro's dot is way better than Mass Terror's. Which doesn't make sense based on range. I think Mass Terror should have it's original pre-AM range restored. Where it hits really far out. I believe it would be justified based on the cooldown and power cost of it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I did some testing on DoTs of a single target. Pyro and Mass Terror seem to average about the same even getting some stacking on the burning PI. Psychic Prior comes in about 20 percent lower than both of them which are some really good DoT options. Electricity only gets the damage of equivalent of Mass Terror with a PI and Electrogenesis is 50% lower damage than Psychic Prison.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Then it might have been the range that was throwing me off. Please Shin-O-B, return the range on Mass Terror to what it was originally!

Also, move the defense debufs off long cooldown/pulls.
    • Like x 1
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Dazed PI is bugged on TK Push atm. So far I've been seeing pretty much the same numbers from TKP/Psychic Shock and TKB/Phantom Flames respectively without PI so I assume that they should do equal damage with PI as well once TKP is fixed.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

hello ^^ here is my feedback on mental! i did also some feedback for weapons, power ussage and cooldowns aswell ^^

TELEKINESIS
    maintain single target levitation, but add the dazzed PI to the two next adds aswell please...
    as a PI applicator, you could reduce its dammage while powers using PI should become twice as strong... or:
    COMBO: slam the target to the ground by tapping (low dammage) or hold (more dammage) ranged attack

TELEKINETIC PUSH / TELEKINETIC PULL
    push could be granted at the same level like telekinetic pull.
    should have the same cooldowns.
    pull needs to either setup or work with dazzed PI.
    could also do additional dammage when following eachother.
    powers should do twice as much dammage after PI is set.

MASS LEVITATION
    as a PI applicator, you could remove its dammage and should remove its cooldown completely or:
    COMBO: slam the targets to the ground (tap) or hold ranged attack to toss them into each other

TELEKINETIC BOLT
    should have same cooldown as telekinetic push
    should inflict twice its dammage while using dazzed PI

TELEKINETIC SHIELD
    to weak

REFLECT PAIN
    should be able to use for clipping

PSYCHIC PRISON
    no burst dammage for DOT powers please!
    PI with dazzed would be a nice addition...
    cooldown shoud stay only as long as its DOTs are active

PSYCHIC EMPOWERMENT
    cooldown is waaay to long

MENACE
    buffs should buff weapons and power attacks at the same time.
    cooldown shoud stay only as long as the buff is active

TERROR TENDRILLS
    should only apply terror PI, no dammage, no cooldown

PSYCHIC SHOCK
    i would rather have thought bubble back for this one ^^

MASS TERROR
    sets up terror PI on near enemies.
    should add its DOT without additional burst dammage,
    cooldown should be for as long as the DOT is active

PHANTOM FLAMES
    when no terror PI is set, it should only add a DOT for burning without burst dammage
    if used after terror PI is set, it should do burst dammage in addition to its burning DOT.
    cooldown for as long as the DOT is active

12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Is Phantom Flames meant to have a short cool down considering how much damage it puts out ?
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

in the Amazon Fury 3 solo i am able to hit my entire loadout, which is 3 low 1 Medium and 2 Large.

Here is my loadout, Mental Dps: Telekinese, Telekenetic push,Telekenetic bolt, Terror Tendis,Terroize, phantom flames.

Telekinese low, Telekenetic push low Telekentic bolt Large those powers are working with the Dazed PI.

Terror Tendis low, Terroize Medium, Phantom Flames these powers worked with the Terror PI.

i am able to hit this entire load out once i am done i am out of power note i am fully modded in might and power so i am able to keep my rotations going.

but this is in a solo i am pretty postive if you had a troll in an alert you may be able to change some moves and be able to keep power.

Another Note: i have my SP in Crits and 56sp both in Might and power so changing it up probably would be able to do more damage or keep power its your call on that.
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

How are you able to keep your rotations going if your out of power ?
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i typed that in wrong my fault, i was able to do, doing these's of the PI Telekinese, Telekenetic push,Telekenetic bolt 2 Times and i was out of power. it was the Same thing for the other PI For Terror Tendis Terroize Phantom Flames able to hit twice than out of power.

Now combining them and using them all right after each other to have both PI's i was out of power before i could hit Phantom flames, i just did tested it again today to make sure, so no i take it back i am able to almost hit an entire rotation if i had a troll with me i would be able to hit all powers.

if i were to clip with weapons i would have had enough to hit the last power as well, or if i just stand around for my power to come back.

sorry my fault for the typo hope this fixes it.
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I just tried Pengbot Maximus again in Iceberg Lounge.
    Here's my spec:
    - 5xMight&Power, 5xPrec&Power
    - 95SP in Power
    - 10001 Might total
    - 11343 Precision total
    - 35284 Power total
    - Bow Mastery

Rotation:
    Mass Levitation clip Menace -> { [Bow] Explosive Shot clip TK Push } repeat until Mass Levitation and Menace are off cooldown

I did not run out of Power at all, I stayed at the same level constantly (except for every time I had to break out) and could repeat my rotation until Pengbot killed me with something that hit way too hard. Not sure what it was since I had turned off "damage in" in my combat log.
    I did another run with Telekinesis instead of Mass Levitation so I could fit Psychic Prison in my rotation and I finished it without notable problems.

Mechanics wise I'm happy with how it currently is, DPS is fun and I'm not running dry. However I'm sure there are lots of people who do not want to clip even short weapon attacks in between their powers so I still stand by my opinion that power regen needs to be further increased.

Mass Levitation is either bugged or wrongly declared as a cheap power. It's using medium power costs like Mass Terror.
    • Like x 2
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

i see, when mass hysteria is activated, you can now use movement mode while in ghost form!
    this is one of the best changes i have seen so far, thank you very much for this :D \o/ :)
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Nowhere near close to being considered spec'ing heavy into power. I was at 48-52k during my dps testing last time I signed in.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It is nice to see Bolt Barrage is doing more damage.

300k+ damage on that cast because of the Invisibility crit buff. Captain Venz never stood a chance.

This was done at CR 174 with 10223 Might.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.