Stats Revamp: Power Cost Update 1/11/17

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Hello! I wanted to drop by and talk to you real quick about one of the major changes going on test today. We spent a bit of time focusing on allowing you to play from the tray. We recognize the importance of this feature and playstyle for those of you who enjoy doing it, and we wanted to make sure it was something that was feasible. To that end we made the following changes:
    • Shifted some power generation from weapon attacks to passive power generation.
      • This means that your weapon attacks will generate less power than they used to, but the difference will be made up by passive generation.
      • Put another way, when you are not performing weapon attacks, you are now generating more power passively than you were before.
    • We reduced the cost of abilities across the board, with a focus on reducing higher cost abilities.
    Keep in mind, though, that in order to play from the tray you will still need to make specific choices to make that feasible. You will need to specialize into the power stat and use primarily the more efficient abilities available to you. Also, side note, if you are trying to play from the tray, you should totally leave off your weapon buff from the tray. These things do not belong together.

We are looking to feedback regarding these and any other changes made in this update. Thanks again for all the testing you have done thus far!
    • Like x 7
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Today's changes are listed here.
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  4. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I just want to know what happened to the "Play from the tray" promise? I don't want to have to use a weapon and only play from the tray and I'm not the only one.
    • Like x 2
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

Hence the update they just did to make it more of an option.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 4
  7. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I just checked. To use winter ward take 40-50 percent of the power bar. Also, Ice has no powers to buff might, only ice bash for weapon attacks.
    • Like x 2
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

It's not only Ice that will be having its Might buff power changed, it's a global change to all powersets.
    • Like x 1
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Will the Power Costs thread be updated to show us the new power costs?
  10. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Just tryed to do raising hades. Kept completely running out of power and I was only using Wintery tempest and avalanche. This isn't play from the tray mode at all. We been lied to. Why could they have NOT messed with anything except CR differential and the skill point setup. Why did they have to fk with power regen in AM's?
    • Like x 3
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

there are no might buffs anymore , all buffs are weapon buffs now and you dont need the buff if u intend to play from tray.
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

A little off topic but I can't help but notice there are no changes to support roles here, are you guys waiting for more feedback or are you currently still implementing changes or still deciding what to do in regards to support roles? Or are you prioritizing changes for the DPS role first?

There hasn't been much communication in terms of what you guys intend to do with support roles especially as there is all but negative reception for the "new style" of Tanking and Healing and many people would rather see those roles reverted back to the live version with adjustments and new additions made on top of that system. When can we expect an update?
    • Like x 1
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

Change your loadout. Tempest and Avalanche are both high power cost abilities.
    • Like x 1
  14. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

So what would be a more ideal loadout now for ice?
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

It's the test server. Test stuff out and build one you like.
    • Like x 4
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

whatever you pick keep in mind lower cooldown doesn't mean less cost.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The buckets are the same still - high, medium, low.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I brought up to Spord that Psychic Prison was doing too much damage. Was that corrected?
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Might buffs, Procs, and Crit buffs, Are going bye-bye.

Hence why Wired, Menance, Ice-bash has gotten changed to precision buffs only.

This is used to promote one playstyle or the other, not both.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.