Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

The animation dovetail time for Repulse is 1305 ms and for Electroburst it is 1041.9 ms and that is taken into account for the damage output as well.

Edit: I did continue to look at how Electroburst was being calculated to see if it was beyond the animation time and it wasn't getting the full melee bonus. I'll get that fixed up.
    • Like x 4
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

spord are u going acknowledge the messages ive sent you or any of the disagreements(cooldowns, power cost) about ELEC losing its DOT dmg capabilites?? Why change electric? it was fine, all it needed was buffs.. no disrespect.. :(
    • Like x 4
  3. spord Developer

We do have a large update coming where all the power costs are have been lowered as well as a change to power return. Some of the power return from weapon attacks has been moved to the passive regen. As of right now there are no plans to make any updates to DoTs.
    • Like x 2
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

Any word on CR differential adjustments, it's still there but seems much higher than before, at 175 lower T8 content feels just as hard as AF3.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Will cooldowns be altered by any chance in this update?
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Are we going to be seeing any updates to healing?

Specifically, anything going to be taken from the breakdowns I posted?
  7. spord Developer

• Like x 1
  8. spord Developer

Not any big Electricity cooldown changes. Ionic Drain's cooldown (as well as the other "execute" abilities in Ice and mental) is being lowered to account for the channel time.
    • Like x 1
  9. spord Developer

No. This upcoming update is almost all about power cost / return changes.
    • Like x 1
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

Honestly anything with a dovetail that has less than 1.4 seconds, but more than 1 second with a standard 1 second animation time is going to see the same potential frequency of use as after the 1 second animation you will either use a different power or use a weapon combo if the dovetail is still active. Since Handblaster's Fist Slam is the shortest viable clippable, being clippable at 0.4 seconds, that is why 1.4 seconds would really be the only point at which any dovetail over 1 second really makes a difference as that would mean a power can't be used for clipping Fist Slam spam.

I personally believe that animation times and how long it takes damage to play out are better factors to balance various powers' damage than dovetail times, especially since this would not be obvious to new players and figuring out the oddly specific numbers such as the ones you provided would make it difficult for those who don't regularly test these things or know how to find out from some one who does. It doesn't seem to reward skill of better players either as it just relies on obscure knowledge rather than actual gameplay.
    • Like x 3
  11. xD25x Dedicated Player

We're there any changes to passive return to using powers?
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Not bringing the dots back is a mistake, that's what made electric unique now it's just gonna play simalar to other powers. If this is the trend with the dot powers most powers will really play the same.... a little dot here and there and some burst just different colors. We need things that keep the powers different from themselves other then colors and animation. We want different play styles. Some like dots some like burst, some like combos and they should all have their place in the game for different situation. That was what was great about the nexus and wave era there was a lot of variety in how you can play the powers and how they played, functioned and eccceled in different situations.

If this same treatment that is going on with electric now happens to nature and sorcery in terms of taking most of the dots away people are going to be pretty upset. I know myself and just about everyone you speak to is not happy with how electric is right now, just ask around it's not just me.

After all these changes over the years people like myself have been speaking up and saying this isn't good, this won't work and you guys never really listen to us and look where it's got the game. We're out here playing everyday we know what will work, what won't and how things will impact the game and community cause we're in it not behind a keyboard like you devs. I talk to so many kinds of players everyday about these things and people constantly come to me about issues so I know what a lot of people like and don't like. Not being a jerk or saying you guys don't know anything but you guys just don't know the game like some of us do. I say that in the nicest way possible and mean no disrespect at all.....so common man this is the chance to bring the game back so this time please take some feedback and make some changes people like myselve bring up. Let's not have another bad update like WM or AM's.
    • Like x 8
  13. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

As crappy stated electric is one of those powers I like for its animation being different and having dots shld be a plus...especially for electric I mean c'mon I need to really get back to Tht pwr but u guys with this bad cool down and bad passive pwr regen hopefully u get on the ball making it grand to work with ..I've seen SME test videos I like hw its hitting but also found out their are SME bugs on test that being exploited so it's hard to judge from it....
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Electric needs some healing changes mainly being because of the limited choices and the power to healing efficiency being low. I really appreciate the work being done but I would really like to see some things changed on that front.
    Please look into it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I'd like to think that no changes are being made because they're going to incorporate all our feedback in V1.2...

Is that wishful thinking?

Anything less than what's on live and a reduction to Bio Caps cooldown to being the same as Admonish would be a failure in this rework in my eyes...
    • Like x 2
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

The notes said they rebalanced healing values. Makes me wonder what happened. I would hope that's good

I personally just want bio charge back on bs and bc along with Tesla Ball, Electrocute and VB to become healing powers too.
    A buff to Egen is in order too.. well at least imo.
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

They can revalue all the healing abilities they want, if they still function the same then these sorts of changes are meaningless.

And if they can't see sense in my break down of why these specific abilities need to be adjusted the way I am explaining then not really sure there's much sense in me being here much longer.

I didn't even get a response outta Mepps on where they're going with these changes :/
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

crappy i feel like me and you and a couple of others are on the same wave length.. i appreciate spord for responding, but this point it seems like devs are going to do whatever they want even if we dislike it... just seems unfair.. Only power i use is electric and they changed it to a burst power.. FML.. wired is not even a might buff anymore.. why change the WHOLE POWER FUNDAMENTALS??why are they doing this to us?? can someone explain?
    • Like x 1
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its not the value of the healing that is the problem. But the functionality and cooldowns that are a problem.

Right now I cant really say how I feel about electric healing, simply because they dont want us to compare it to live. And thus we may end up having to wait until the next healing power on test to do real comparisons.

But I will say this. I was an electric healer from its launch all up until celestial came out. And even sometimes play on my electric villain.
    This current version of electric healing will drive players away, or drive them to another powerset for healing.

I know Spords hands may be tied, but if it is not possible to change current abilities healing functions. Then perhaps if possible it may be time to expand electricity's healing options and branch out into other abilites and add healing functions to them( ie. tesla ball, electrocute, voltaic bolt, etc)
    • Like x 2
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I know that's the problem. I'm really just done on pushing for lower cooldowns. It's quite a disappointment to me.
    And you're absolutely right about this version of electric healing driving players away. I do not see this going well at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.