Stats Revamp: Ice 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Oh I wholeheartedly agree on the teamwork aspect. But right now on test server, a tank's pulls break a controller's CC effect almost instantly. Some effects that could last are transformations like Horrific Visage. But if you have a tank who spams pulls....it will make CC almost nullified and it makes the job harder on everyone with non-stunned NPCs. A small hiccup in a sense.

Either way, a tanks job is to keep the attention of the enemies on him than rather his teammates. Pulls are there for a quick grab but either way, if you taunted that enemy....he will come to you eventually maybe not immediately. So once the enemy is taunted, you did your first part of the job....the other part of the job is to survive. Controllers can also move/pull NPCs into place as well, each controlling class has pulls.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

When a tank pulls a NPC out of another player's control effect, the control effect is negated and the NPC gains immunity for a short time. Here is a brief demonstration with me using Telekinesis:

From the Controller's perspective, you end up feeling like your crowd control powers aren't worth very much if your tank ends up spamming pulls or uses a pulling power on an existing crowd-controlled mob to keep aggro.

It might not be so bad if the control effect wasn't completely negated. The only thing that works for Mental in this situation is Horrific Visage because it is a transformation power.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Here's this video. Mind you I was struggling and being carried by healers/trolls. Thank God for chronos and counter blues. I couldn't show the first two boss fights due to a player that was exploiting.

• Like x 1
  4. Harfaern New Player

Sadly, current test server ice tanking is too squishy; can't properly tank raids, and no way battle tanking.

By the way, on last boss fight can see the Central City trinket exploit: from 15:18 to 15:21 one of the dpses can use it before being interrupted. From 15:24 to 15:25 he uses it again, being interrupted too. Zeus health bar drops dramatically, and only are 3+1 seconds. Devs, this must be fixed.
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Ran my Ice Toon on Science Spire running at 11K DMG/Sec
    Seeing Shades again at 9K DMG/Sec
    And Typhon Underground at The Warehouse w Cyclops at 9K DMG/Sec.
    Ice hitting quite well. Seems fine very simple to use.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

battle tanking ? seems ice is the new fire :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Fire can handle better than whatever they turned Ice into, this isn't tanking.
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

if ice is meant to be played like that i dont want to imagine fire
    • Like x 1
  9. Aggro Well-Known Player

I find that any power in the power tray trying to mix with together clashes with the power cost, what do i mean.

The powers power cost is completely unbalance, wintery temp and ice bash dont work, even with the hottfix after that your stuck trying to use maybe 1 power left before you start weapon attacking still needs something

im not saying use all powers before power bar goes empty but the power cost of each power is unbalance enough to notice that, x power cant clip with y power or i have nothing or fo exmple wintery temp into ice bash solar flare combo into bitter winds snowball, ill probably wont get my snowball out, it just clashes so bad id have to do maybe 3 solar flares to get back and then snowball
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Something doesn't seem right. Those Olympians are totally CC'd with all the weapon attacks and everything. SMH.
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I understand what you are saying completely. That is where immunity needs to be looked at IMO.
    Immunity should be only towards the caster not another player in the group :).
  12. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

I did not get a chance to do any testing this last go. But watching the posted video this is not good and this is what I was afraid of. There is not battle tanking going on in the video, he is doing what we do now only taking a bunch more damage then we do on live. I hope you are looking at this Dev's. I play one power and that's Ice. If I can't tank as well as I do now with the changes then it will be be time to move on for me. Please look at this Dev's and some response would be nice.
  13. Moja Developer

Thanks for posting that video. A couple of observations:
    • In the video, the entire group is 14-16 CR below the enemies. Generally speaking, we're aiming for an entry-level balance point around 10-11 CR below enemies. This means the tank is missing about 12.5% Health, Healing, etc. that we would balance for. This gap may be larger or smaller depending on skill points, mods, generator mods, and tactical mods. At some point, we'll be adjusting minimum and recommended CR so players aren't putting themselves against difficult content prematurely.
    • There is a bug with blocking (you can see it in the video several times) where Ice Tanks can occasionally take much higher damage (~2x) for a fraction of a second after block ends. This has been fixed internally, but not pushed to test yet. He would perform much better if he were attacking while maintaining ice armor instead of holding block for those fights, just by avoiding this bug.
    • Iconics are currently disabled, but once they're returned, there will be other options for self shielding to improve survivability.
    • The group still completed the instance, even with all these handicaps :)
    We're continuing to fine tune balance as we get your feedback and playtest internally. Video content is especially helpful, so thanks for posting that, and know that we are listening and making adjustments as we go.
    Thanks!
    • Like x 4
  14. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Probably because Olympus is one of the easiest raids that you guys have produced >_>

Also the poster stated that one of the DPS exploited to get to that point so technically they didn't beat it with what the game intends to offer.
    • Like x 5
  15. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Am I missing something? I thought CR relevance was not going to matter any more? I thought it was all about stats? And we lose a shield and now you are telling us we can get it back if we pick the Iconic shield with the super long cool down. How is that a fix? Hit points only help so much. For Ice Tanks it's all about Def and in the video I just don't see it.
  16. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Agreed.
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

You are confusing relevance (which determines what content you can play) and the differential. The CR differential is gone but CR will still determine what content you can play just as it always has.
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

So being borderline unplayable is okay? The only reason they made it to this point is bc of a dps using the broken cc trinket.
  19. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Ah got it. My mistake.
  20. UnFriendMe New Player

I'm not going thru 5 pages to check (I read slow ) so if this has already been addressed please disregard.
    Reflect and Winter Ward animations are reversed now, why? Just curious.
    Bitter winds is no longer considered a shield, why? Again curious.
    If there are answers already just point me in that direction, please.

Hibernation drops agro even though the description says it's supposed to taunt. Huge health boost on the plus side but still does an agro dump.
    Only used it for tanking so I don't know if these issues are the same for DPS role.
    I don't want to share my character name / Hero level 30 / 175 CR / 205 SP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.