Stats Revamp: Tier Eight Content

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

This thread is for feedback on Tier Eight content.

Consider using this basic format:
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Watchtower
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 37
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Mepps
    • Details: In the boss fight with Mepps, Mepps hits really hard compared to all of the other NPCs around him. He seems really overpowered.
    Tier Eight Content includes:
    1 Player - War-Torn Village, Time-Torn Area 51, Iceberg lounge, Typhon's Monster Invasion, and Seeing Shades Again

2 Player - Harley's Heist, Wayne Manor Gala, and Raising Hades

4 Player - Saving Justice, War Crimes, A Rip in Time, A Rip in Time (Elite), and Underworld Trials

8 Player - Justice For All, Justice For All (Elite), Ultimate Solder, Ultimate Soldier (Elite), Darkseid's War Factory, Darkseid's War Factory (Elite), Kandor Central Tower, Olympus, Olympus (Elite), God of Monsters, and God of Monsters (Elite)

- Quixotic
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one in this thread should be specific to testers testing version 1.1 of the stats revamp.
    • Like x 1
  3. Only Forever Level 30

• Region/Instance/Mission: Olympus Regular
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 177
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Only Forever
    • Details: Not a good one experience i had, we had no power all the time, even with troll's supercharges. ( looks like superchards nerfed) power spam have a long coldown, healers with 25k restoration healing low (and with long coldown). tank die too fast (with long coldonw). and dps's even with a long attack weapons comsuming too much power.
  4. KellyCares New Player

- toon - Jive Turkey - Ice Dps
    -Tier 8
    - Started level 173 got to 174
    - did solo's/duos

I'm playing as ice dps as one of my toons are ice on live. I played on two of the other test leveling to 30 also. Some of the issues i had this time i did not have leveling which is a little weird as i have more skill points now and had none starting out then. When i started the test it was late last night. There was not a lot of people on so i went around and got 31 more points in feats and started today with 201 which is closer to my toons that sit around 264sp on live.

- Solo - Ice burg - Not that difficult to complete but you always run out of power about way threw a boss fight. Then it feels weird cause you have to do ranch weapon attacks, or do combos up close which against most bosses is a good option. You feel out of place because you not doing any sort of rotation at that time it feels like a free for all then when you do get your power back its enough to throw your p.i. but not a follow up power to capitalize on it. Other then a huge lack of the adds seemed to burn ok and the bosses seemed ok but its hard to say because of lack of a rotation because of power. Also it did suck that after killing a group of adds instead of running the alert at a decent base and i'm not talking super fast i had to stop and wait for my power and health but mainly my power so i could try to do a 3 power rotation. As far *** the cool downs not so much of a issue. Also i think having a power that levels up your super is a huge waste on ice if you don't use it as your p.i. because 1. the range is horrible 2. there are much better p.i. 3. not enough power to throw it out in a rotation or your wasting the power you do have.

- The New solo was difficult at that level but fine i did it 3 times i think. Adds on the outside burned fine. Faust hits hard at that level and i had to use everything i had, orbital, supply, sidekick, because the fight last awhile because of three phases of his shield and without being able to use Avalanche because one its cool down is like forever and two it does not hi any hared after you able you p.i. power. So its kind of useless nothing like it is now which is awesome. I think you doing that to avalanche is the biggest disappointment i have with ice so far other then lack of power all the time. Well its doable but i am also a smart highly skilled player and some people that are not that skilled would of had some big trouble in there. I mean it is a solo and some people are not as skilled a others and day one with out there ams to lean on some people would of struggled. Second Boss was fine but of course a lack of power.

-Duos - Harley's heist - Man what a hole crap this is. Even on live people shout all the time for help. First off even add high levels on Harley's heist is a pain. Way to many adds. Before with Avalanche to juggle and Am for power back its fine still a few to many adds. People really seem to struggle with this at level i guess. But with no power and no avalanche this was a pain. I had my buddy help with this and he was electric Dps and we battled thru it to cat women but as soon as we ran out of power that's all she wrote. We tried three times and that's two toones at 174 with at least 170 skill points each. I have 264 on live and my buddy as only 160 i think and we run threw that with out much issue for a long time now but with no power you can't burn her then all he adds. I was shocked.

- Hades duo - short because we got killed three times on first boss. Same thing no power equals no burn.

I could try different load outs and will but i thought the point was i could play the way i wanted. With other powers i might enjoy using a weapon but with ice i like to use the tray and that is not a big option. I could spec into a little more power but then your damage takes a hit. I could try a weapon combo load out out but even if that works that not how i want to play that toon. Power is a issue it slows the game down a lot just waiting 3 to 4 seconds trying to get your power back to fight next group sucks and is not fun. Running out of power halfway threw a boss fight every time is not fun or challenging. My main toon is sorcery and when i dps without a troll power can be a issue and that's still way better then this felt.

I have been a defender of this game since beta i love it and support it. Have met a lot of friends in this game. I even chewed someone out a couple weeks ago because he was talking of quiting and why you should quit to. Maybe i'm not seeing something maybe something is bugged or i don't know but it seems like you can't run any load out you want and the game on test is not fun at all. They say they made the skill points simple but if i supposed to put half my points in power when it says i have over 20,000 in power already and the next point will add 12 power i'm going to put that point to might. You really have to had a lot of points to get any kind of growth. If power is staying like it is then everything should hit for at least double then what it does. Its not simple if you got to dump all your points here or here. Of course i bought the first power point at the bottom that one is worth 600 but after that it didn't seem worth it. I wish we had a better understanding of what you guys was trying to do with this. As some one that grinded for years skill points and hated cr when it came i would much rather leave the game as it is and i just keep chasing feats for fun. Because at least i have fun when i play and i feel powerful. On test it just isn't fun and a lot of people are going to struggle with this. But i'm going to wait until the final product is ready before i jump and make say mean thinks because your making changes i hate or don't understand. Ill keep testing. Hopefully you guys keep fixing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Raising Hades
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: Frank Zapper, 173
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Harpies/Dogs
    • Details: I don't feel like we are doing enough damage in these boss fight. The adds, I don't think are a problem but with out powers the way they are, these instances are tough because the harpies shield and the dogs can regenerate if you don't kill one of the smaller pups first.
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Harley's Heist
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Harley (hero version)
    • Details: The carnivorous plants or whatever it is does a lot of damage. Can take your health down to almost nothing. Catwoman boss is still the most difficult one itseems.
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Wayne Manor
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: everything
    • Details: there is so much that goes on in this duo. The adds in the beginning are quite overwhelming even trying to funnel them through door. We had Zatanna for first boss and wiped several times. Adds throughout always hit hard, especially in the sewer with that stomp smash. Harley and Ivy felt like we were barely doing any damage to them. Also, they can be difficult to melee. The only saving grace is Orbitals and Backup.
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Seeing Shades again
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Felix Faust
    • Details: He felt like he took the least amount of damage and with trying to disable the portals, power became an issue. Artemis seems a bit easier than FF.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

• Region/Instance/Mission: Raising Hades
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: BumblingB, 166
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: All NPCs/All Bosses
    • Details:I don't think fresh players to 166 can complete this instance w/o someone with higher gear. Since you don't get gear until the last boss. It's very hard to level up. The amount of damage the enemies is fine. It's better than the CR Differential's version with entry level. But the amount of health. It just feels like I'm hitting them like I have the differential with them. My teammate was 176 and I was 166. Unlike when I started this game, the T1 duos were probably just as hard for me, but if I wasn't able to complete it, I was able to take the loot I had and got stronger. There isn't a lot of that for this content.
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Seeing Shades Again
    • Details:I can't get past Faust. For a solo, he hits like no tomorrow. And his health is like the duo. It feels like I'm just barely chipping away at him. I feel like the CR Differential is at play again. Which shouldn't be the case. I've yet to beat this boss. I hope that this will be adjusted before live.
    • Region/Instance/Mission: Iceberg Lounge
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Pengbot first boss./Penguin
    • Details: I... not sure how to take the pengbot. I've ran this twice and the first time I got my butt handed to me by the last transformation of him when he dropped the portals. The second time I ran it, it seemed like he was doing more damage in the early transformations. Also, his counter icon above his head is glitchy, he shows multiple at once. (Like a PvP player.) Penguin on the other hand, was kind of annoying. If he isn't being put in the corner by the harley/ivy, he is hitting you pretty hard. I had to kite around avoiding the little penguins. Again, I think the bosses might have too much health.

Over all, testing T6 content. I think every bit of content feels like the CR Differential at play. I feel like I'm useless. I'm not even sure if I am going to be able to level anything if this stays like this. It's reminds me of OC in the regard that it's over tuned too high. I think all content should be adjust down by a bit to feel more right. Not asking for difficulty changes, but something to make it more accessible. You make this go live, you will have a significant number of issues with players that are used to over powering content and not learning how to do damage w/o their AMs. This will cause issues like OC did, but with all tiers.
    • Like x 3
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Region/instance/Mission: Seeing Shades again.
    Character/Level/Combat rating/Powerset: Jacob IceBlaster, Ice, CR 166.
    Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Felix Faust.
    Details: Boss fight feels a little bit unforgiving at CR 166. I've used 3 different builds and only completed this solo with one of them.
    I've had to rely heavily on the use of 3 things in this boss fight: Farming immunities, Using Hibernation, and Using Shields. I've completed it with build number 3, but just barely. By the time I was done with him my health was almost gone.

Build 1: 20 sp into Crits, 40 sp into crit damage. 55 into power and 55 into might. No weapon combos.
    Build 2: 20 sp into crits, 40 sp into crit damage. 108 into power, no might; no precision. Both these builds ulitized playing from the tray and failed miserably. Additionally, I've tried multiple times with these builds and My Gear Got Broke.

Build 3: 20 Sp into crits, 40 sp into crit damage, full precision spec. Weapon: Handblasters.
    Completed this solo at the first-try.

Conclusion: If I Didn't farm Immunities and If Hibernation didn't heal my health all the way back to full in DPS role, I would've died with all 3 builds. It feels like Faust has too much HP here, and it feels like we're doing slow damage. It took me at least about 7-10 minutes to complete this fight.
    • Like x 1
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

Then please someone clarify what this means:
    If I can enter T8 at CR 162 (I believe that's it) with SP 200 and T8 mods I should be able to do most of the content, however even at 175 lower content than AF 3 still has issues. If the differential isn't in place then 10 CR bellow enemy levels means players wont be able to do any AF 3 content because most adds are well above 180 until they reach Cr 170.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Not sure what you find unclear about Moja's statement. The raid is being tuned for players 10-11 CR below the raid NPCs.
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Test number 2:
    Character level/Combat rating/Powerset: Jacob Iceblaster, Ice, CR 166.
    Playstyle: weapons.
    Mission/instance: Seeing shades again.
    Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Artemis.
    Details: Feels like a fair boss fight, I've spec'd full crits and Full precision. I almost came close to dying, if It were not for my supercharge Hibernation I would've died. She's pretty much identical to Faust in-terms of damage output, I had to farm immunties off of her multiple times. Her Fire AOE will do a lot of damage and will take down your shields within 3 hits.
    Nothing to really complain about because I'd imagine If I did this at CR 173 she'd probably be a little bit of a cakewalk in my case.

In regards to weapon changes: I've only had to pop my Cola 3 times in this fight, the two times I popped my cola was due to me being on low HP. The third time I was low on power.

Conclusion: I have yet to try this fight out with a Might-based build, but the only thing I'd say that might need towning down is her damage output.
    I've even gained the"Labors of Magic" from defeating her. So no issues in regards with a weapon-based playstyle in this content with the recent changes.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Test 3 and 4
    Character level/Combat rating/Powerset: Jacob Iceblaster, Ice, CR 166.
    Playstyle: Play from-the tray non modded and modded results:
    Mission/instance: Seeing shades again.
    Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Artemis.
    Details: She is tough to beat, She constantly crowd controls you and does a lot of damage. Artemis can pull you into her fire aoe and sometimes you get either stuck in the animation or you just can't straight up escape. Her fire Aoe does so much damage, your shields will be wiped out within 3 hits. She also has a really small window of counter, by the time I think I can lunge at her It's not effective; she requires quick reaction times. The Healing Crystal inside the room also has an issue with not respawning, if it gets broken; you're out of luck. She also has an issue with randomly Activating her-shield; when I fought Artemis without mods she didn't pop her-shield. When I got modded she spammed her shield through-out the entire fight. Beating her without being modded is next to impossible, I barely beat her due thanks to Snow-devil grabbing agro. Beating her with mods is very do-able, completed at the first try.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Seeing Shades
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: Frank Zapper/174
    • Details: Felix definitely felt more in line with damage out and damage received. I did not use any Orbital or Backup and only needed my supply drop. I suspect there was no change to Artemis, she feels about the same which is fine.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Iceberg Lounge
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: Frank Zapper 173
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Pengbot
    • Details: He seems to be doing a lot of damage. I noticed tonight he did his lunge once and then went right into a block break once then right into eyebeams, so of course I got countered. Ivy died in the my fight tonight which I had never seen before.
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Instance: Iceberge Lounge
    Character: Derio CR166 electricity
    Fight: Pengbot Maximus
    Details: The reduced power cost and increased power regen did help, but he hits really hard still. Took an orbital, sidekick, and a supply drop along with a supercharge to take him down. I know CR differential is no longer in place but it felt like it was with the amount of damage he was doing, especially for a solo.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Instance: Iceberge Lounge
    Character: Jaywrath CR166 ice
    Fight: Pengbot Maximus
    Details: The Arctic void was taking half my health down, it literally took two shots to take me down i know it one shots on live but do you think we may be able to tune down that a bit?
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

Iceberg Lounge
    Ice CR 166, 20 SP in crits, 70 in Might and 80 in Power (29k Power, 9412 Might after modding); play from the tray loadout (various setups for testing purposes)

Pengbot Maximus
    Nothing in this fight seemed out of line to me. The only time I have died during my testing runs was if I derped and stayed too close to a void for too long. He is easily countered, his adds are paper and he hits hard but not too hard. I used Blizzard during the fight but my loadouts are designed with PIs and supercharges in mind so that was not a problem. I did not use Orbital, Supply Drop, trinket or anything other than tray powers in this encounter. I enjoy this encounter very much.

Penguin
    He is easily countered and hits just hard enough to notice it. The bomb-bots hurt a LOT as they should but are harmless if you pay attention and keep your distance. I enjoy the soft enrage design of the encounter where you must down Penguin before you are overrun with bots. I used all my tricks for this fight just as I would on live. The fight feels fine to me.
    • Like x 2
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Seeing shades again with Sorcery DPS Revamped, cr 166.
    • I used two different builds of Playing from the tray in here. One without fury, one with Fury.
    • On Faust: It took me at least 2 tries without using fury to beat him.
    • On Artemis: I used fury, and didn't even come close to dying. I didn't even need to use Grand Summoning; this boss fight was a cakewalk due to fury and offering. Considering I'm cr 166(entry) Fury shouldn't be making this easy for me.
    • I'm fully modded here too.
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This is a good example of what concerns me. I work 12 hour shifts to make a living, and I come home to my Dad who is bed ridden and can maybe hold a hamburger long enough to take a bite on a good day. During most of the month, I have an hour or two every day to log on and make some progress; and right now that's just right for running all the AF3 dailies, solo, duo and alert plus the anniversary dailies and raid. I even have time left for a replay or two on Oly and GoM.

From what you're describing, my hour or two a day would get wasted on only wiping at Faust and getting no loot (zero progress).

If I can't progress, I can't replay. You can't reset something that was never cleared. If I'm stuck on a boss in a solo for an hour, I'm not defeating adds to make capsules drop; I have no need to buy stabilizers. It just seems that the push here is to make a game for hardcore players only and push people like me away. It will discourage or even prevent me from spending money. Why bother if my experience for the day is staring at one boss I can't beat?
    • Like x 2
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

Believe me I'm not on the devs side but that's clearly not their intention.
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

When using atomic it only took me two times and the only thing I used to aid me was the soders. Took me about 5 minutes though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.