Stats Revamp: Mental 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

On Live, I can 1-Shot the shades in Gotham.
    On Test I get killed by them.
    Oh! Yes! This is much better now! I love this slow burn!
    Let's do it!
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm starting to think it's not necessarily the power, but the person using it.

There's videos of people using mental, and I ran with mental DPS on test that do great burn.
    • Like x 1
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Yeah! Blame the testers for this horrible experience.
    There are so many Mental testers here saying how great it is; and how wonderful their results are.
    You're not even testing Mental; go back to the Ice board where you belong.
  4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This was billed as you would be able to use any powers and get the same results.
    We're finding that there's gonna be a couple of powers with PI that will have to be spammed together to make you a "Great Player".
    Nothing has been added by this revamp. It's just a stirring of the pot. Eventually everyone will be using the same powers over and over. Just like now, except with slower burn.
  5. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Would you call it a lateral move?
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

No need to respond but signature was so big I had to read it. I love it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

TK Bolt is fixed but TK Push is still doing double damage on PI. Horrific Visage is broken OP and doing 12k non-crit damage for me at around 10k Might.

Imo PI damage should be a bit higher, maybe 20 or 25% instead of 10%, to reward players for properly setting up instead of spamming blindly. Or PI damage could be turned up to near live levels (40-50%) in exchange for a significant reduction in damage from the setup moves so that setting up penalizes you, using one power benefiting from the PI sets you even, and using two powers benefitting from the PI starts giving you a damage boost. That way PI would be significant and useful but not using it would be a tactical choice in shorter fights.

I found that Reflect Pain could actually be somewhat decent for DPS since it scales with Health only instead of Dominance and Resto. That makes it a stronger "Shield" than the actual [Shield] powers in DPS gear. It can be used when controlled which is always good. I wish it would be able to clip though like actual shields can. The clipping rules say that damaging powers can only clip combos but I think that with abilities of this type there is some wiggle room - see Relentless Anger which is also a passive damage and survivability power and can clip other powers.
    If Reflect Pain could be clipped into a regular DPS rotation I think it could be a useful piece for a melee DPS build. This is ignoring that shields in general feel pretty weak now compared to live which I suppose is something we have to deal with. Having it cap out at 20-25% of our Health and letting the reflected damage scale with Precision to some extend would be awesome but being able to clip with it is the main change I would like to see.
    • Like x 2
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Awesome glad you love it lets do this! :p;):D
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm faithful in the averageness of the average player.
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I just created an Ice toon on Test to compare to Mental.
    It looks like I'll be buying a respec token for Ice; it easily doubles Mental's damage.
    Any player can easily Spam AG and be just fine.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

or you could you know just tell the developers which power are hitting harder than other power and test them.. i mean seems like something you should test out on test.

Considering that nothing is written in stone, and the powers are still being idk...tested
    • Like x 1
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Nah, I've given up with the Mental Revamp. It's not fun anymore anyhow. I don't know how to fix that.
    Most people on test aren't even reporting back, and the Devs are gonna do what the Devs are gonna do.
    I'll try the Electric toon too, as It's getting rave reviews.
  13. Ringz Dedicated Player

Don't think anything is any better over there. You might as well stay here on mental big fella.
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Playing as a Controller in large-group content last night, it felt like my shielding powers were breaking very easily. That was causing a lot of problems with trying to rally players. Working with several players and doing some research this morning, I understand why now. Each shielding power has its own damage cap value. Overall, shielding powers take less damage than what they do on live.

Test #1
    CR 174:
    Health: 20175
    Restoration: 7883
    Dominance: 5598

I see these damage cap values:
    Grandeur: 3052
    Bastion: 3603
    Telekinetic Shield: 6833

Reflect Pain redirects 3026 damage at these stat values.

Test #2
    Health: 9668
    Restoration: 3866
    Dominance: 2403

I see these damage cap values:
    Grandeur: 1371
    Bastion: 1619
    Telekinetic Shield: 3071

Reflect Pain redirects 1450 damage at these stat values.

Similar patterns are being observed in Ice:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ats-revamp-ice-1-1.282416/page-4#post-3877709

If a shield has any other effect associated with it, the power of the shield is reduced. Basion has power regen. Grandeur has a detaunt.

This is going against my expectations for shielding powers.
    • Like x 2
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Soo, all shielding abilities across all three roles are weak, they all have much higher cooldowns and specifically for electric it lasts for about a third of cooldown (Not sure for the other 2). How did this get approved for testing?

Thanks for number crunching even more proof that most of the changes they made for support isn't viable for this game.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    While running alerts and raids last night as a Controller , I kept writing down notes about how frustrated I was while trying to keep mob groups crowd-controlled. Part of it was due to the aggressive breakout profiles I kept seeing on several of the raid mobs. Anything worth controlling would often breakout after a a couple of seconds and gain total immunity to crowd control effects. I was able to briefly interrupt dangerous mobs like Bowmasters and Punishers in AF content, but that was about it.

Another issue was the way Controller stuns and Tank pulls interact. When a tank pulls a NPC out of a crowd-control effect, the crowd control effect is negated and the NPC gains immunity for a short time following the pull. Here is a brief demonstration with Telekinesis:

There were a lot of situations last night where our tank would group up the enemies, I'd stun them, and he'd pull them again out of habit. That would negate the crowd-control effect I setup.

If your tank is aggressively pulling or accidentally pulls a group around him, there isn't much point in trying to apply crowd-control effects. The only thing that kind of works is Horrific Visage because it is a form transformation. The tank ends up pulling the ghost form.

If the goal was to make Controllers feel more "Controllery," there are some game mechanics that need to be looked at. It might not be so bad if the pull didn't completely negate the stun.
    • Like x 2
  17. recoil Committed Player

i'm going to nature healer. it's kinda sad that a HEALER can actually do better than a mental troller. basically devs have made a scapegoat for people to angst and kick out of groups. what people forget is that a troller's job is 3 or 4 things at a time. in any mission with high mob count they will be burning power to contain and controll said crowds. in any mission where crs are lower than mission requirements they'll have to provide exorbitant amounts of power to tank, dps, and healer alike over taxing the troller. they also have the task of keeping themselves alive while trying to do their jobs. basically any of the roles doing poorly will affect the troller. if your team is doing poorly keep in mind it may or may not be your troller.
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

My dominance 5148. Restoration is 7178.

4 samples of Grandeur showed a total damage cap of 2797 for its shield strength.
    TK shield had 3 samples and should a total damage cap of 6263 for its shield strength.
    Bastion had 2 different caps.
    -pop bastion quick and lunge or take damage immediately and the total damage cap is 3302. That was done over 5 samples.
    -pop bastion and wait about 2 or 3 seconds then lunge in or take enemy damage and the total damage cap becomes 6604. That was checked over 2 samples.

I read a note from a developer comment last month that dominance was suppose to be a more dominant factor in the shield strength formula over resto. I can only assume what the percentages are because it's not clear whether the wording was referring to a reduction of resto's % while having dom staythe same %. Or Dom having a higher % and resto stays the same or reduced %. I wont be testing this further when developer communication can simply address this.

I'm also going to take a guess here and say Grandeur's shield scaling is broken? On live Grandeur and TK shield have the same shield strength equation. It would be silly to change that on test server for the future.
    • Like x 2
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'm not reporting anything back dps wise until we get sparring targets. All "good" or "bad" or "great" damage that any of these powers have are all extremely biased to rotation and spec between mods and sp along with different gear. Until they give us sparring targets or another method of standardized testing, which, if I remember right, was promised to us, so I can say AS AN ACTUAL FACT what's stronger than what for what reason, there's really no point. If I go into a solo or a duo, I'll be lucky to get a 10 second parse before an add dies and how much damage I do depends on aggro juggling. I shouldn't have to wipe or constantly queue the duo to test difference loadouts or weapons compared to just stepping out of combat like what we had before. And I'm definitely not going into a raid on test since the only one I tried to do had the tank 1 shotted from the adds at the start of KCT.

- I want more SP so we can test every rotation that'll be possible (I found out with 160-175 points in power I can do rifle tap clipping perfectly fine, wouldn't have found that out if I finished my crits like I was supposed to). It takes 175 to cap one stat. 60 to finish crits. another 6-8 to get 1 weapon done? not including testing weapon mastery? and not including movement mode/breakout regen/iconic powers? I can't even test every loadout or rotation possible for the three powers that we have just because I don't have enough skill points to do anything. I have a better idea than when I was ranking up, but still not the full image I want.

- I want higher tier base mods than 6.2 which we should've been had in the vendor over a year ago. I'm probably missing several thousand power pool from 6.2's going to 8.3 or oly. Not to mention the prec and might lost. None of the damage we have on test is even remotely close to how it would be on live and that's what most people are concerned about.

- I want my ancient coins so I can test the elite affinities bonuses especially the new one for controller. I know casual players that want at least the 4 socket bonus. 6 or 8 need to be tested for more dedicated players in addition to that.

- I want a standardized testing method.

P.S. - Would prefer if the sparring target didn't give power back. Or only a nerfed pot. Something along those lines. There are dps rotation's I'd be able to do on a sparring target giving me power back that I wouldn't be able to do in a live scenario.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I haven't been able to replicate the higher Bastion cap you were seeing. It always ends up being the lower-scaled one. I was using enemies that were doing 10k+ attacks so that the shield would always be destroyed in one hit.

Even at the higher damage cap, I still feel the shielding effect on Bastion is not effective. At the lower damage cap, it felt nearly worthless for rallying anyone or trying to keep people alive in large group content. Bastion was really only useful for its power return functionality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.