Stats Revamp: Mental 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

2. Harlequin Devoted Player

3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I am providing feedback, and hope it gets Tuned. But I am not going to be content that Content is intended to be much harder now; when they told us it would be similar.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

I have feedback in regards to controlling in content but I'll post about it later. I need input from a developer. It appears that dominance is no longer intended to increase stun, levitation, root and encasement duration based on zero action to address this in recent updates and that the tool tip is not updated. All control effects from here on out are to have a predetermined set length of time. Is that correct?
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I tried running a couple of alerts alternating between loadouts that focused on the Dazed and Terror PIs. Here are some thoughts on the gameplay:

Dazed
    I felt this was the easier of the two PIs to use. Everything in the Dazed part of the Mental powerset is a ranged power which made attacking easier. It is hard to compare my damage numbers with the Terror loadout since TK Push is producing more damage than what it should.

Terror
    I found the powers in the Terror part of the Mental powerset to be harder to work with. Terror Tendrils is an unreliable PI applicator. Mass Terror doesn't work too well if you're dealing with highly mobile enemies. If Terror Tendrils was working correctly, I feel like the Terror PI route would be the way to go. You have a decent supercharge in Mass Hysteria that inflicts Terror. Also, Terrorize - your execute power - benefits from the power interaction.

One of the issues I encountered is that it can be hard to tell whether a particular PI is currently in effect with all of the visual FX that occurs in larger group content. Depending on the powersets in the group, it can be impossible to tell sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

8. BumblingB I got better.

9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

-1 button compared to 2-6 buttons
    -clipping speed and accuracy from abilities immediately after
    -clipping speed and accuracy from *others*
    -weapon and combo choice involve more variables just because of the weapon in itself being integrated in addition to the mindset you would have from using tray powers. Instead of just single target or aoe, long or close range being chosen for abilities, that also gets applied to every single weapon's basic combos, and then you have to consider weapon mastery use. A lot more choices to be made.

But I mean if you think pressing 2153 involves the same amount of skill as rifle tap clipping, fall cancelling, single to quantuple bot clipping used on abilities and or weapons while possibly clipped with PI consumables, and phase dodge clipping all perfected to the right time to maximize damage and not either getting stuck in an animation, cancelling an animation to early and not getting the damage or performing the wrong combo because you button mashed to achieve the speed instead of fast accuracy presses, then meh.

I remember people complained about when I had the HL rotation where all I did was clip Minigun->Ram with Minigun->Ram and Ram with chompers inspiration etc. and I had people that needed help getting the speed and accuracy of it down and others were complaining about it being hard and how they shouldn't have to do massive clipping and fancy work to do good damage and I thought that rotation was easy af. I can create rotations that you can sit at a sparring target for 10 hours and you still can't do it for 5 minutes without messing up. Impossible to reach that level of difficulty with tray abilities when you're talking non-combo powers.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What do you define as "better" though? It seems to me that you just want to be able to kill things even faster. The problem with CR differential and AMs is that we kill things too fast as it is. You're not supposed to go into a solo and one shot a boss just because you're 40 CR higher than them. That kind of thing is what's being corrected here.

Was it actually difficult though or it just took a little longer?
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In regards to feedback I have to echo what others have said about the defence debuffs. It's completely illogical that heal and attack debuffs are tied to powers with very low cooldown timers yet both defence debuffs have cooldowns that exceed the length of the actual debuff. They should either both be moved to different powers or at the very least move the defence debuff from Telekinetic Pull to another power from the (no longer existent) Telekinesis power tree, such as Telekinetic Push.
    • Like x 3
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Sidenote: Still waiting on Telekinetic Pull to be changed to having the option to pull.

HL - Grasping Hand debuff pull is optional.
    Munitions - Net debuff pull is optional.
    Quantum - pull isn't a debuff.
    Gadgets - pull isn't a debuff.
    • Like x 2
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So the goal of the revamp will be "Who ever has the Slowest Burn wins."?
    Yes, I do want to burn thing FAST.
    I did not know there was something wrong with that.
    Go on LFG, every is checking CR, they want the top DPS.
    Burn is important. Very Important.
    Heck! Let the Revamp go live and let's see how it flies.
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

If you're any good things will still burn plenty fast. Just won't be able to "beast" damage bc you can press 4 buttons in the correct order anymore.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Fact of the matter is this will make pugging anything terrible. While some people want to show off their skills as a DPS, and this will certainly show those who adapt, you're going to have a lot of fail groups who won't be able to put up good numbers at all. Even duos will be painful, because running with a bad DPS is actually 10 times worse than running with a support role in this revamp.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Amazing that the game existed for many years just fine without am damage and did just fine.
    • Like x 3
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's funny you think this, because things on test still burn pretty quickly. I ran Oly earlier, the DPS were all 175 and lower. If we hadn't wiped and struggled cause of my slushy tanking, it would have been a 15 minute run with 3 DPS.

You know not of what you speak.
    • Like x 2
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Back before WM and AM's the burn wasn't so fast and that was a good thing. You had to be able to survive and let the raid mechanics play out a few times not just show up 123 boom and walk out.

I'm all in favor of slowing the burn down so content is more or a fight. That also puts more of enfaces on some support roles in some situation. These 4 dps alerts we can do now need to go. You can just burn stuff so fast theres no need to even have a healer.

Slowing the burn down is a great change but slowing down how i play is something i don't like. The cooldowns need to go, DC is fun cause the combat is exciting....well was :(
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You must be Testing Ice. As Mental the gameplay is aweful.
  20. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Lol Ok believe it or not but this game is just as dead as roadkill when it comes...mark my words. But ill be there until it officially dies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.