The Stats Revamp 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harfaern New Player

I don't know where to report this, or if it has been already reported:

There is something definitely wrong with Central City trinket. When you use the trinket and hold Triangle /Range attack (the char keep still, raising the fist) the Aoe dmg is insane, barely oneshoting other players in duels and dealing with bosses in seconds(!).

We entered KCT raid with around 173 CR and the trinket destroyed Zod and Luthor with no problem.

Please, check that trinket, specially the hold Triangle/Range attack Aoe.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

PvP is broken right now and not part of this time's testing.

But it doing so much damage means there is a scaling problem with it I bet. Might have been overlooked on that part.
  3. KellyCares New Player

I have enought Skill points on live to get all my dps stats and have all that other stuff you made us grap with wm, then you showed us this new sp tree. Said you made it simple. But you didn't. Since day one in this game i was always told as a dps get your crits first. So i buy all my crits first. Then spec into might or precision depending on your power. Well then seeing your tree i see crit's first to first two rows, might and prec after. Well i get all crit's 60 points, get one in power because first one is worth 600, but not two because the next one is only 12 more points and i would much rather get my might then 12 in power. So i put 109/175 points in might. You kill a couple adds, see the next group but you stop because you realize your power is not back yet. You wait like 3-4 seconds but it feels like forever fro power to come back, thats with each add giving i believe 2229 power return back.. Then i go kill the next set, same thing wait for power to fill up. So you go respect. Now you see in order to get big improvements you have to put a lot of points in that stat. So you dump a lot into power. It helps a little you can do another power now, but it takes another power because your might when down so much. Time to kill went down and now you still got to wait for you power to return for next group. So you check your stuff. You have all eq mods on, gear level is 173cr you go buy every suit in watchtower and get up to 201sp and try different specs. You can't find a fun way to play from the tray. Without it slowing the game down to a crawl. I mean i used a p.i. another power and gusts twice. Adds dead...power wait...... power back...next group. Boss fight sucks also.... always out of power half way threw every fight at level. To get power back enough i got to throw weapon attacks which sucks because that's not how i wanted to play my toon. Get some power back and throw my p.i....but... can't throw another power with my p.i. for more damage i have no power again. Then adds jump down.. I know..... i'll hit then with my power combo... that's right i'm out of power still... i die... well now i got to sit here and wait for my orbital to be ready because no way i can do the fight with no power when the boss get half way down and the adds come. I've played this game from beta and never struggled like this to have fun and be enjoyed by this game.

I was a fan of stat revamp but after spending another 6 hours testing.. most people will not like or understand what is going on in test. They say you can play from the tray and maybe you can but it will only be possible if you but all you points into power and you have low power cost abilities that don't hit for anything and then you have no sp in might now. Its a struggle either way. It does give you options to try different stuff only because playing from the tray is not a real valid option if your doing solo duo's with another dps. Power is gone after a few powers. I had 201 skill points on test after buying all the suits and you could throw out your p.i. another power and spam winter gust a few times, which was better then my friends using two or three powers and being bone dry. This version is not fun at all. I've been playing since beta and unless i am totally missing something this is the worse version of DCUO i ever played. Just me and a few friends thoughts. I am no longer wanting stats revamp as i would rather play the game as is, for know more reason that at least now its fun. Test is not fun at all. That's coming from someone who has 264 skill points on live and grinded for most of them. I would rather keep doing sp for fun and they don't matter then this test version of the game.

Combat sucks you can't play from tray and burn enough because lack of power, and some of my toons from the tray is how i want to play them. I barley get any power back from my Sorcery Toon on live when i dps and have to use cans all the time when i run content like solo, duo's or maybe a alert without troll and that is still at least 5x better then power on test. You say you gave us options, but what i feel is the game is slow and not fun. You have to wait between killing adds in solo and duo's for up to 4 seconds sometimes for power to come back. Just standing there. You get in with a guy now in a duo that can't carry is own wait. Its over you lost. No more help carries. I get they need to slow the game down a little to make fights with mechanics, but i feel worrying about my power 24/7 felt like a job and i play DCUO as a escape not to stess out over power or start drinking soder cola all the time like my toon is a junky. There has got to be a sweet spot from where it is now and where we need to go.

test - Jive Turkey - dps Ice - North America
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

So I went in to Prime as CR173 Mental and was easily destroyed - Surely I should have been able to just survive in there easily at my combat rating and casually DPS this down.

Is it intended that low CR NPC's should be doing such significant damage to us with such a high CR difference even without any differential etc.

Seems to me like you're wanting to say to us, we can't "solo 8 man content" anymore. Is that what you're saying?
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Pretty sure they want us testing T8 content, not T4. Lol.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I know but I was just trying lol :D - ok you have a point maybe they haven't scaled the NPC's yet

I'll hop back on and test some T8 stuff later, live events to run for now
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Now that I think about it, I might try that with my ice tank lol.

You do raise a concern though if it is the intended difficulty, then I see a sea of tears in the near future.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah it's probably worth the general question, but like you say it may not be their testing intention. I noticed another guy complaining about how a T5 solo was quite hard, so that was possibly the same thing.
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Same thing as GU 47 testing, anything bellow what's closest to highest content is usually a mess, tried prime to squeeze in a few extra feats (and since Paradox portal still isn't back), and couldn't even get past the first Avatar, I knew why I couldn't beat it solo, but also it brought back some very horrible memories.
    • Like x 1
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

makes sense tho, AF 3 is the only actual stats fitted content in the game, with T1 to T6 being the old WM/AM system and T7....well who knows what's going on there because of the relevancy window.
    • Like x 1
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

Any dev able to say what the value for crafted soders is?, none are showing it and only have the health/power %.
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

Also, is Spark barrage supposed to have a longer (by about .2) cool down than shock wave, even though both are classified as low power cost?
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm reposting this from the Mental thread.

Feedback
    I figure this is more of a content design issue, but the "controlling" aspect of being a Controller feels useless when enemies have almost immediate breakout profiles.

Here are a couple of examples from Typhon's Monster Invasion Zone:

and

In every test I ran, these guys were breaking out very quickly. Any crowd control effect that lasted more than a second caused a breakout. Some of them were even breaking out of the brief pushback effect from Telekinetic Push.

When the breakout happens, the NPC gains immunity to crowd-control powers for a decent time duration. That really takes away from the "crowd-controlling" aspect of the role.

These examples I posted above are just a couple of open-world examples. I've encountered numerous other common open-world enemies with these short duration breakout profiles. This is leading me to expect that most enemies in raids are going to have these short breakout profiles and trying to apply crowd-control effects to them isn't going to be possible.
    • Like x 2
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That's the gist I get. It's quite apparent that our toons do less damage than on live and we have to put a bit more effort into everything. I just don't know how it will feel moving from 173 to 188. Will AF3 content only get slightly easier or will we be able to blast through it?
    • Like x 1
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Why not simply get rid definitely of the Controller role and let the players use their powers freely as others MMO do?
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

o_O bad idea considering the trolls have been in the game since day 1
    • Like x 1
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

DEVS! A Must Read!
    Thank you! I agree wholeheartedly!
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

If it gets easier from 175 to 188, then the CR differential is still at play because the gear you get at 175 can't be that immensely different from the one at 184 (being the level where gear max's out). The whole idea is that a 175 toon with enough SP should be able to beat T8 content without many issues, but if with 170 SP, VIII mods and HT mods and trinkets we have issues with bosses, then either the needed SP for T8 is just a ridiculous amount that players can't possibly have unless you have literally 300 (because you just can't spec into damage, you need power so it's 150 for damage and at least 100 for power), or you do need to be a higher CR so the differential is still at play. I can do at 175 Seeing Shades with the main issue being how Faust just takes hit after hit and doesn't flinch yet one or two of his attacks takes 25% of my health, and the main issue with Artemis is her fire AoE, it does too much damage.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, I reported Faust on the T8 content thread. He's problematic.
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

I didn't mention Iceberg Lounge but I think Pengbot started losing health much faster after he activate full 2.0, Penguin on the other hand is the same, he got cornered by the villains and all I did was range him, however up until 2.0, Pengbot was also an issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.