Stats Revamp: Weapons

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I edited the post. No, nothing wrong with farming counters, however, in some cases it will take NPC health down by 25%
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've noticed it certainly does take longer to kill an NPC then compared to live server. The regular mobs can still be one shotted, but boss and special adds take a little bit to kill (Giganta took me almost two minutes with my mental toon), so counter damage may be set that high as the key to taking down a boss quicker. I'm enjoying the combat personally.
    • Like x 2
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I've notice BB doesn't do nearly as much damage as Lunge or Block though. It doesn't seem consistent.
    • Like x 2
  4. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Is it intended that MA and HB's lunges are hitting way harder than other weapon's lunges? My level 14 MA weapon's lunges are hitting 240s, while my level 16 1H lunge is hitting 160s. Same with HB.
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

MA, HB, and Bow lunge also give more supercharge and power regen than other weapon lunges as well xD
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Potential Bug:
    While playing in Doomsday Form in the T1 Smallville Alert, brawling attacks did not appear to generate power. I didn't see any fly text for my tap attacks.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

You mean smallville?
    • Like x 1
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't know what you mean BumblingB. Of course I typed out Smallville....:p
    • Like x 5
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So this has been a few questions on my mind for the past couple of days, and I'd figure I like to see if this get responded to.

From my understanding: It seems like Weapons and Powers are supposed to be two completely different playstyles.

Powers will be Making heavy use of PI's and enemies that take additonal damage from PI's, as well as using the Self-power heal.

The Weapon style: This is what i'm confused about, it seems like there's not that many options for this playstyle.

The only thing we really need for the Weapon Playstyle is the Precision Buff and to constantly hit weapon combos. It seems like if you try to use Weapons and Powers together you'll end up losing dps.

So my question is: Will we be able to do high dps combining Weapons with Powers? or are they just completely separated playstyles?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one in this thread should be specific to testers testing version 1.1 of the stats revamp.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Is it still necessary to have progress bars for Weapon Mastery attacks? I've been trying out the Weapon Mastery combos for certain weapons and I'm not seeing the point. The progress bar prevents you from clipping early. You don't get any power back from using a Weapon Mastery attack. You don't get the "crit window" at the end of a progress bar.

Handblasters Haymaker attack is doing 300 damage for me and you can't clip it until the very end of the bar. Uppercut Master is doing roughly 450 damage and I can clip it early.
    • Like x 4
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Agreed, there is no incentive to go and perform the weapon Mastery mixed combos.
    • Like x 1
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

There's a list of What's Different ... is there a short list of What's the Same? Bonuses for so-called Melee weapons versus Range weapons, for instance?
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i am curious on weapons, is weapons suppose to be another play style that makes the same dmg as the powers do?
  15. tiempo Well-Known Player

Any chance of making Weapon Mastery attacks clippable?
  16. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Was it my impression or is WM returning power?o_O
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't feel Shield's melee combos fair very well with the adjustments to attack strength being based on animation time. The amount of time it takes to get to shield's longer melee combos doesn't result in a good payoff DPS wise. I found it was just better to perform very short combinations and clip my attacks.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Why are the shorter weapon combos hitting significantly harder then the longer ones? You'd figure it would be the other way around since longer combos have a greater risk of being interupted...

So far one other person has confirmed they noticed it with brawling, I noticed it with MA, anyone else notice it with other weapons?
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Weapon damage/power regen are now based on animation time and not their depth in the action tree. Under the current weapon revamp, I've found that it is optimal to use weapon attacks with long animations that can be clipped and have minimal tap requirements. Attacks that fall into that category include things like One-Handed Spin Chop, Bow Explosive Shot, Brawling Uppercut, and others.

My experience has been that you want to avoid using mixed Weapon Mastery melee attacks. You get get no power regen from them and you can't clip the attacks very well due to the progress bar. There are a couple of Weapon Mastery ranged attacks that help fill in holes in certain weapon types.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Is power regen from weapons not working with WM still? I don't spec into it because I've been testing power for tray builds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.