Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringz Dedicated Player

I do remember either Avair or the other devs stating how; The powers that cost high will do heavy damage with the tradeoff being big power cost, vice versa for low power cost. Now if being able to throw in at least 1 heavy hitter and continue with the low cost then thats fine for a work from tray loadout(of course if thats not how it is on test).

In my head, that should be right. To prevent people from using nothing but the heavy hitting powers in a same loadout, you couldn't(or shouldn't) be. That was one of the things I wondered when they first talk about dropping power points. You telling me i can have a rotation with Tesla, Ecute, Vbolt, static push in the same laodout :eek:??

But crunching the numbers, thats a post for a different time as me and my friends are still working on it to see what makes sense or not.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I think power back is bugged with this build. I really didn't see my own power back mechanic working from the tray. Only when I used weapons.

I agree that a full tray of heavy hitters wouldn't be feesable, but I think that you should be able to have 1-2 with quick powers between. It's kind of rediculous to think one power eats your entire bar though.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

a possible bug, Repulse doesn't take up any power.. at all, i don't think this is intended, i am taking screen shots of the powers and look to see how much power that take up.

Here's Repulse: i took multiply screenshots to make sure it wasn't me, but i can confirm that Repulse isn't taking any power to cast
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. supalova20 Well-Known Player

does REPULSE hit multiple enemies and is it range? Anyone on test answer please
  5. Ringz Dedicated Player

Ahh, ok. If its bugged then that totally cancels out my post. We'll see what they'll say.
  6. Ringz Dedicated Player

Yes on both. I went to typhon and found a group of 3 and it successfully hit all 3 at range. Now how much it can hit up too, my best bet would be to go to the area with all the brainaic bots for Oracle/Caculator side mission by safehouses(which i can't cause logged off). Back to Repulse, is interesting because now since its additionally damage on polarized it raises the question Spark Barrage Vs Repulse, if we talking burst loadouts. Plus range vs mid range vs melee.

Now damage comparison, I have no idea. I was just looking to see if it hits and instantly thought of this. But yes to both of your questions.
  7. spord Developer

Thanks for the report. It was free in the last update because it was the self power return ability. It is supposed to cost power in this build.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Any response on BumblingB's post? Some of us think that Powerback isn't functioning like it should in regards to all 3 of the current powersets on test.
  9. spord Developer

When we removed the self power returns the in combat power regen was increased. Power regen does not show fly text. The weapon attacks will still show fly text though. It is working as intended right now.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Then there is no way to play from the tray even if we fully specced power only. So it really is back to weapon only or weapon clip. This kind of feels like a complete 180 on what people want to enjoy.
    • Like x 5
  11. Delta796th Loyal Player

Then it's not working.
    We were told we could still play from the tray if wanted, yet clearly you can't. Not effectively anyways
    • Like x 3
  12. Fies Committed Player

Plz share your loadout when you tried playing from tray. Thx
    • Like x 6
  13. BumblingB I got better.

And point allocation/stats.

This would help us understand what is considered from tray. As it stands, power is ridiculous. :(
    • Like x 5
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

alright awesome, glad i got that reported.
  15. spord Developer

The reason we have you all doing these early tests is to see what does and doesn't work based on your findings. These are big game wide changes and we want to know if entire ways of playing can/cannot work. On the previous page of this Electricity thread people have posted some different attempts at loudouts. Do they work as play from the tray loudouts? In raids with Controllers in the group? I understand Repulse being bugged is an issue for that but it will be fixed next build.
    • Like x 1
  16. BLK Well-Known Player

"plz share your loadout when you tried playing from tray.
    And point allocation/stats.

This would help us understand what is considered from tray. As it stands, we dont understand what you are going for"

• Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I'll be trying more tonight when I get home. I'll see what I can do.

But I'd like to point out the difference between weapon and powers. You can weapon combo as much as you want, but due to cooldowns and power costs, you can only hit so many powers w/o waiting. It's already biased towards using weapons. I don't want an OP 6 slot build, but I would like to try and use a tray that would be more than just spamming the lowest cost power in hopes that I wont run out. I just kind of feel that cooldowns AND power cost is double the punishment for players that want to utilize tray only option.
    • Like x 5
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

and please keep testing open. It takes time to respec and replace mods, and then find groups to run content. A lot of us work and in my case, I check forums from my phone.
    • Like x 3
  19. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Any chance we could get some insight to what you're going to do with healing in regards to our feedback or is too soon for that yet?

I'm not sure what else there is to test regarding healing anymore as the way it works as of now isn't very enjoyable.
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

Yeah I wonder what that was cause nothing I tried worked even close and I specced into power and had might/power mods in all but blue sockets. I go that far to say Play-From-Tray doesnt exist until someone clearly shows a video of it with a meaningful loadout and not just take the lowest power cost abilities mixed together cause just by doing that your dmg is lower by default as you missing out on interaction things.

Also in endgame healing still feels like being a DPS who randomly spams a heal when its off cd. So nothing changed from the lower content up there. Pretty underwhelming experience on the support side cause it doesnt feels like I'm a support role anymore.

I wish support cooldowns would be split from the dps stance with different CDs cause DPS seems fine in regards of that. Everyone is a DPS now but what about those who want to be full-time support without having to act like they are in the wrong role? Guess I wait for the next phase to see if there is further cooldown/ability adjustments.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.