The Stats Revamp 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

loving the sound of the new direction and some of these controller changes are making me really want to go on test again but alas im currently at work
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Devs- thanks for giving us basic testing tools back and some SP. This does help with the process. I did Raising Hades and Harley's Heist duos last night. At CR 173, Harley's duo wasn't bad. The final Harley boss we actually had to watch out for mechanics. RH wasn't terrible, but I felt like we had very little burn on the first two boss fights. I tried it once with a healer on first boss and the harpies went through a couple shield phases. Second boss we had dogs respawn each time I did it. Hades feels about right.

My complaint is that without Orbitals and Backup, these instances would have taken a lot longer. They are doing comparable damage as on live. We aren't from our weapons and powers. Finisher/Executes are not worth it. I used ID for the dog fight and it made no difference at all in taking health down. I have not tested any of the other Executes though.

I did run Spark of Parallax solo and tried all 3 bosses at once. I got the feat which seemed pretty easy. So I felt more powerful for older content, but not over powered. I think the only thing I can say, with some issues with power costs is that while the game is playable, it's not fun to play for me.
    • Like x 2
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Probably a code typo. instead of 584 power, it might've added 5840 which would've added over 20k power to what you would've had.
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Small Bug: Precision & Might VIII was showing 1 Weaponization instead of 92 Weaponization like the other dps mods.
    Request: Controller mods give Weaponization for Telekinesis and HL Light Weight.
    • Like x 1
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

Minor UI readability bug. When you start adding double-digit SP amounts into the third and fourth levels of the skill tree, the numbers starts overlapping each other. Like this...

23/17524/17522/175
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Strangely though when I redid the mods it didn't happen again so the mods themselves seem to be working properly. Might be a bug with the generator UI or some error applying a multiplier on the mod stats.
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

Tested playing purely from the tray with Electricity briefly this morning (now typing from work, shhh) and it was definitely possible. I used CR 166 gear with:

-8 Might/Power, 1 Might/Health, 1 Health/Power mods.
    -6.2 Might and 6.2 Power generator mods.
    -Reserve Tank.
    -SP was spent on all breakout innates and critical chance/damage, then divided equally between Might and Power.

I did one of the Typhon Monster dailies then just played around with enemy NPCs in the area. The tray abilities I relied on were Attract, Repulse, Shockwave, and Spark Barrage for a Polarity PI-based loadout. These abilities had a combination of spammability, low power cost, and AoE damage that allowed me to basically never run out of energy during an engagement. This was pretty interesting and kinda fun considering Electricity has never had the ability to play from the tray before.

Some tray abilities like Electrostatic Bomb and Wired are very different from Live and I found them to be unsuable with a tray-only playstyle. Electrostatic Bomb is now a 3-tick dot that does heavy damage and has a similarly heavy powercost and long cooldown. It might be possible to fit this in a tray-only loadout with more investment in Power but certainly not feasible with my current Might/Power split. And if I recall correctly, Wired only affects weapon damage now so I didn't bother using it for the purposes of my tray-only testing, especially with the high power cost.

The Polarization PI abilities are definitely more conducive to a tray-only loadout than the Electrified PI abilities. Tesla Ball, Electroblast, and Overcharge seem like the only spammable Electrified PI abilities and only Tesla Ball is AoE. Voltaic Bolt is very different from Live with a long cooldown and pretty massive burst damage instead of a dot.

Excited to do more testing tonight.
    • Like x 2
  8. supalova20 Well-Known Player

dude do a video of all the powers in ELECTRIC and YouTube it for us
  9. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Looking at the current update on the test server, I would recommend scrap this idea altogether.

The proposed changes remove any element of skill, in fact, I would take the live version any day over this lackluster revamp.

If you care for the game, please stop this shoddy attempt at the so called revamp.
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

I don't know how you can draw this conclusion. If anything, the number of options for play style are a bit overwhelming and will require players to have a much stronger understanding of each power to be effective as either a tray-only user or a weapon-only user or a hybrid.

How do you conclude that having more options that require players to obtain a greater knowledge and understanding of their powerset mean the "changes remove any element of skill"?
    • Like x 1
  11. zor ile Well-Known Player

I ran fos 3 and got wrecked 175 cr modded and spec correctly with sp I did this with mental. explain how I can't do that raid but can do the solo for monster invasion? The power back seemed low and that cooldown on mass terror is to long,snip it a little?
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

How does maxing Might and spamming 1234 premade AM rotations have more skill than making a build from a dozen options and investing between 3 relevant stats? This update isn't perfect by far but by opening up all powers the game just got a lot more complex for any role and the skill ceiling went through the roof.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I swapped to electric and ran a t7 solo, it did notice power costs for the polarized abilities were significantly lower then the electrifying and weapon buff. I'll have to do more testing tonight
  14. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Devs,
    Why are the weapon buff for ELECTRIC (as well as ice and mental dps) only 6 seconds? makes no sense....you cant get any damage off for weapons with that time especially when casting a power....dont take weapon buff away from us.....just make it the whole 12seconds cool down....especially if you have to RELY on your weapons any way when powers on cooldown......please change the 6seconds back to 12secondd (the whole cooldown)
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I agree with this, I'd rather take a buff with lower magnitude but full duration than a 50% uptime buff with only 6 seconds duration per cast.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Especially when the buff takes a massive chunk of your power.
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yep either power costs or power regen need to be looked at again. I restored more Power per second with Bow Explosive Shot than Flurry Shot although FS is a ~2.5 second combo and ES is less than 1s clipped. How playing from tray looks I think is pretty clear from the feedback that was given so far.

I'm fine with the new mechanics, just the numbers should be tweaked some more to allow for pure playing from tray with maybe somewhere around 120SP in Power and mixed Power mods in all slots at CR173-175.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

the only reason i see is that maybe one of the next TC waves will contain a tactical mod which will increase the weapon buff duration, lets say II for 3 sec and III for 6 sec ... if its not the case and i am wrong plz devs don't use this idea ,its a bad one.
  19. Fies Committed Player

Tbh unless you already got a real breakthrough update for v.1.2 I d say scrap the revamp of the Powers. This will take forever and I doubt the benefits of this revamp.
    Looking at the "from tray" playstyle (which is barely working atm) compared to AM its a step backwards since in the future powercosts (and cooldowns) will still determine our loadouts (instead of the AM).
    Weapon heavy playstyle is already present in the form of certain Powers and Legends today. I like this playstyle alot but I have options to play like this already. If you d finally hotfix/update Elec+Nature I d have even more.
    I dont think this revamp will magically balance all powers also. Just as an example how are you going to balance the powers with a second loadout-bar (like stealth or nature) compared to the rest? What are your plans for Weapons which seem horribly unbalanced still?
    Imo get rid of CR-differential and fix nature/elec. Go from there if a total revamp is still deemed necessary then.
    • Like x 1
  20. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Devs Mepps Spord.....for the controllers why not compromise and give controllers back that self P.O.T. power in the tray you just took away that was in 1.1... it does take skill as a controller to look out for your team.....all you had to do is make that power a 12-21 second cooldown and let the P.O.T. tick for the WHOLE COOLDOWN...that way both controllers know hey P.O.T. needs to be back up....you can CC debuff in 12 seconds...if you can't in 12-12seconds then you just have no skill in controlling....then just adjust the power passive REGEN accordingly.....same for HEALERS with H.O.T......you guys got to put the TEAMPLAY back in the game like when it came out...3 controllers and 2 healers IS the way to play...it's fun it's TEAMWORK and it's JUSTICE LEAGUE team fighting....trust us solo killed or is killing the game cause noobs and idiots with this QUICK BURN mentality don't know what it is to enjoy a dam good fight with your teammates....DCUO is supposed to be about TEAMWORK not solo....every team should have a partner to depend on....example 2 controllers 2 healers 2 or 3dps and 2 or 1 tank...I say one tank since you guys giving the tanks better BATTLE TANK abilities now...thats an effective team...not solo where there IS NO DEBUFFS or CC.....solo doesn't let everyone get in and GRIND FOR THERE GEAR THEY NEED and play....remember when Amazon FURY 1 came out....healers couldn't do the alerts to get there gear because they couldn't get in cause the dumb noob community decided 2 or 3 dps ...ALERTS and RAIDS should be mandatory equal teammates not solo...but anyway that P.O.T. power you took away would be a great timer for a controller or healer...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.