Stats Revamp: Ice 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I like how we have access to all powers, and I am loving the new way to use skill points. But I think they should have left power cost, cooldowns, and the power regen part of AM alone. This is called STATS matter, not DCUO 2.0. Cause right now, I'd rather play DCUO 1.0. Don't know why you all messed with cooldowns and power costs/regen to begin with, those were finally in a good sweet spot.
    • Like x 3
  2. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Agreed.
  3. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Agreed. If I can't tank the current content with the changes as I do now I will be done. I will not change my power just so I can tank again. I know we are getting a 85% def buff so we don't have to just block. But even with the current live version we still have 4 shields to rotate through. now we have 3 and some with long cool downs. Yes ice armor gives us another 25% buff. But on the test server with my ice tank it does not look even close to what I can get my def up to with a shield pop which is mod by my dom and rest. I just want to make sure that I can still do my job after the changes same as I can now.
  4. tiempo Well-Known Player

you know what just dawned on me...
    they have to do this for every power before it hits live, you can't just release 3 at a time on live, SR 1.1 is a whole different system that cannot be integrated with live atm.

every power...
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

My first impressions:
    I managed to make a rotation where I managed to keep myself by using powers! No need to use guns! This in the open world or anywhere that adds me a little power back!
    However when doing something alert I realized that when I used only the power, I was well below the damage than the others who are using guns.
    I was a bit worried about this ...
    But I say one thing: If it is to have 100% return of power, I prefer to have this lower damage, but to be able to continue using the power all the time! I have several same armories! I can have one for raid and one for dual alerts and other missions.
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I was now trying to enter the server to try to record a video to show what I had said above, but the same had already been disconnected ...:oops:
  7. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Hello,

I share the same feeling the weapon buff cost to much for 6sec half bar mana (i am using weapon+ clipping).

It's worry we can finally use snow devil properly with this CD reduction but he did very Low damage :( even with the monster frosbitten,
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

What I'd like to see is why we lost the 10% control resistance for some powers? That would be also nice to know.

In fact, again with all due respect, if you explained more why you did some changed I think most of us would probably understand them better and It would maybe help us judging better and testing better.
    • Like x 5
  9. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I think it's going to be replace.
  10. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Agreed I noticed that also.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one should refer to powerset testing in the end-game and in raids.
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Two questions:

1. is mobility staying? I noticed you can still move around while using arctic gust.
    2. If mobility is staying, can yall change frostblast to be mobile? It's weird because its like fireburst but you can't move around while using it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

For all Ice players out there; in Situations without a controller don't use Wintry Tempest and Bitter winds together. My power bar went to half and I can no longer use Frostblast or Avalanche.

[IMG]
    Feedback: Bilzzard is underwhelming as a Supercharge, I can perform greater damage using Arctic gust and Deep Freeze owns it in damage output.
    I also feel like ICE abilities in general cost too much power, in general I've swapped and used many different rotations: I can at least do two rotations from playing from the tray before I have to use weapons.

I've spec'd 55/55 for Might & power, and I used the rest of my SP maxing out my crit chances and crit damage.

Bug report:
    #1. You can spawn out two Snow Devils thanks to the cooldown change. I don't know if these two also do double damage.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

#2. If you use any ice Shield in DPS role you'll trigger the defense buff that's supposed to be meant for tanking purposes. You also get the ice armor appearance.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Running Amazon Fury Part 3: Seeing shades again
    In general I had a few hiccups on Artemis, mainly due to lag. I beat her at CR 166, and with this build(Not sure if it's the correct build)

Crit chances and Crit damage maxed.
    110 SP in might.
    No mods.
    Did use Reflection and Winter Ward.

Running Amazon Fury part 3: Raising hades.
    Me and My Partner(Both DPS) couldn't beat this at CR 166, I realize you need to be at CR 173 for this; but the gear on test isn't strong enough.

I ran Seeing Shades again in the hopes that I could obtain a Higher CR to complete this but my gear level was 143 so no improvement.

ice damage output:
    Damage output is great, but I do feel like Frostblast in particular needs a buff. For one you need to charge it up and not get interrupted, similar to fireburst.
    And the damage output is meh, along with having an extremely high power-cost.

Conclusion:
    Ice seems pretty solid, the only thing that might need adjusting is the power cost for some abilities.

Edit: Did not know that Generator mods and Mods in general were gonna 4X the amount of power you get, great news.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I tested ice tank in the science spire solo as 166 to see how well it holds up, the cooldowns on the sheilds are just right, you can rotate all 3 strategically and keep yourself shielded 90℅ of the time, I would say cooldowns are right where they should be as far as ice tank abilities go. Also I noticed sometimes shatter restraints glitches out and doesn't consume any power when used, not sure if intended or a bug.

Another thing I'd like too add is the power cost for ice bash seems way to high. It literally uses up half your power bar at 166 cr with an 18.9k power pool....I feel all powers need a power cost reduction across the board too, but that's just my opinion, if not feasible then I hope ice bash can at least get looked into.

Also I'd like to add to anyone that may be wondering, it is possible to keep your power bar up with your weapon combos so you never run out of power. Even though it took me 3 long minutes to kill both bosses in that solo, I never had to drink a cola or use a barrel once.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That's what worries me, that every tank will have to be this active in order to tank anything. Rage and Atomic, no problem. Fire and Earth?!
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we didnt used to have to have our own power regen and we did just fine you see there are these things call controllers and they sometimes help in that regard but look out we might need 2 again so one less needy PEw PEW
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Alright so I've tested out the various ice powers, and I've found out which ones are ideal for conserving power.

Ice boulder strike (PI applicator, aoe, medium power cost)

Impaling ice (Super-charge generator, PI applicator, single target, medium power cost)

Resonating Gale(Medium power cost, PI applicator and short dot)

Wintry tempest.(PI applicator, Big power cost)

Conclusion: Ice boulder strike, impaling ice, and resonating gale are better for conserving your power. Wintry Tempest takes up half of my power bar, so I'd avoid using it in solos and duo's.

Powers that do additional damage to frostbitten enemies:

Arctic gust: (Aoe, no cooldown, can be used while moving around)

Snowball: (AOE, fast cooldown, low power cost)

Frost snipe(Single target, fast cooldown, low power cost)

Snow Devil (Fast cooldown, small power cost)

Bitter winds(Long cooldown, a melee dot, low power cost)

Frostblast(AOE, Long cooldown, long cast time, Big power cost)

Conclusion: Most of the burst powers within ice have low power cost, it's only frostblast that uses a heavy amount. TL;DR Wouldn't recommend using frostblast in any situation.

Non PI DPS moves:

Frostslam.(Melee, Aoe, Low powercost, long Cooldown)

Avalanche(Long range, Mobile, Medium cooldown, Big power cost)

Conclusion: I'd probably wouldn't use either of these.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Ice bash almost took down half my power bar, so it seems weapon users will have to be conservative about using this ability.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I think power back is bugged right now for tray powers. It seems to work with weapons, but not from powers.
    From the testing I did with Ice. I agree with you, but I think ice bash would be use a power that can be clipped, clip it with ice bash and weapon combo away to regen power. Rinse and repeat. It's pretty simple concept there and I think that is intended to be their idea of "weapon only" loadout.

I also think based on how little power snowball uses, it would be part of the weapon clip method. Which is indicative of how it was before WM/AMs.

Right now, as much as you say you have a from tray loadout, I don't think it is feasible to do fully from tray with how power return is working.
    • Like x 2
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Can confirm that shatter restraints glitches out and doesn't consume power.
    not sure if this is intended or not but here's a pic

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.