Stats Revamp: Mental 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

I can't seem to get the power back mechanic work with DPS role. I also don't think controller roles personal one is working either. The PoT to the team seems to work, but no personal one.

It does seem to work with weapons just fine.

• Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The passive power-over-time only works if someone in your group is in Controller role.

I've only been able to play solo/duo content tonight and it is working there.

The passive PoT does have a few reported bugs and I have seen it do some strange things. Try to be in-role and stay in-role when you group up.
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It should not take a couple of rotations to dispense of CR111 bosses when you are CR166.
    STATS Matter is a Major reduction in ability for a CR166 toon. The words Stats Matter is an Illusion, because in reality that's all that is left is some STATS. Fun doesn't matter, flow of game doesn't matter. Feeling powerless against weak enemies not enjoyable. I don't know if I'll have the patience to find a new magic combo of powers and weapons to ever make this feel right.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Is that your own or is it intended?
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Basically, I spent my 20 points and put the rest in power. Then I made all my red sockets prec/power. Don't forget generator mods. Basically, you need at least 30K power. I suspect there is some type of power inflation mechanic based on CR because we should only be using a fraction of our power bar, not nearly the whole thing with two powers. It could be bugged but I doubt it.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was just doing some testing and power costs are scaling dramatically with CR.

Here was my testing methodology:
    1. Find a lone level 5 Qwardian in open world.
    2. Switch to combat log and turn on the Power In report.
    3. Remove all of my gear. (I accidentally left my utility belt on)
    4. Hit the Qwardian once.
    5. Wait for the Qwardian to pause its attacks and then hit Menace/Soda
    6. Record the "Power Healed" amount.

At CR 8, Menace cost 500 power. At CR 166, Menace cost 8655 power.

I was able to replicate the same numbers outside of combat by switching to combat tab, casting Menace, and immediately clipping with a Soda.

[IMG]
    1. I logged in as CR 8, used Menace, and clipped with a Soda returning 500 power.
    2. I was attacked by a Qwardian while equipping my gear. I made a run for it, got out of combat, and waited for my power bar to return to max.
    3. After my soda came off cooldown, I cast Menace and clipped with a Soda that returned 8655 power.

Further testing would be required to see how much it scales based on your CR.

At CR 8, casting Menace was merely a blip on my power bar because of my heavy SP investment in Power. At CR 166, casting Menace ate up a large chunk of my power bar.
    • Like x 4
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Oh Lord, it's OC to WotLp1 all over again. This should not be the case.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was playing all of the solo/duo content as a Controller. Switching roles is a reliable way to bug out the passive PoT right now.

More research is needed to see how the power cost scaling works and what your typical power pool would be as a specific CR.

I don't recall power management being such a major issue when I was running on my lower CR character. I certainly wasn't specced into Power or had any power mods equipped.
    • Like x 2
  9. Only Forever Level 30

No Power (the cost of power its absurd), Slow Rechard and no Power Interactions.
    and pls put some sparring targing to test.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Would be interesting if speccing into power is bugging it. Also wondering if the gear has something that might be attached to it that shouldn't. Maybe try and see what a full T1 set does in percentages to Menace?
    • Like x 2
  11. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

12. Fies Committed Player

Is it intended for "Stealth" to shield you from DMG? Is it like that on live also?
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

Ran some content last night as a Mental dps. I agree the power cost on some of the powers seems very high. After casting 2-3 tray slots, I was completely out and had to rely on weapon combos and time to build up a power charge. If all is set as intended, it is not possible to play from tray only.

I also ran the Oa solo just to get my feet wet on the default rotation and make adjustments. I didn't have the struggle others were reporting. It wasn't an instant one-shot on the bosses, but I would say I beat each boss within 30 seconds or less.
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I'm highly interested in seeing the response from the Developers regarding this power cost issue.

I have a feeling there was some buggy adjustments to the power scaling to go with the power changes. I can't imagine they want the power cost to be this absurd.
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

I as well. However, a few folks pointed out that Devs have already clarified that power return in non-controller stances is reliant on your Power stats. When I built my toon out, I used a traditional LIVE tactic of speccing almost everything into Might, so could be a classic case of "you're doing it wrong".

Next opportunity I'll redo my specs into probably Might on the mods and Power in the skill tree to see how much of a difference it makes.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is what the game is going to be like under StatsRevamp. Bosses fights are going to take longer and they are going to hit a lot harder. A boss isn't going to fall over dead just because you have double their CR and you throw one punch.

I tried soloing some of the T3 to T5 raids this morning. FoS 3 didn't pose much of a problem. I was able to clear Prime Battleground with some difficulties. I did not make it past the first room of Nexus of Reality. I was taking too much damage and didn't have the tools to mitigate that damage.

If you want to complete any old feats on Live, right now would be a great time to do it. All of the raids are going to be harder under Stats revamp.

Which Hands mod are you using? Improved Stealth gives you a short duration shield.

Let me share some observations I made while testing this morning:
    Power cost does not appear to be tied to your power pool stat. Instead, power cost is tied to each gear piece you have equipped. For example, I'm currently CR 174. Replacing a CR 153 shoulder piece with a CR 155 should piece leaves me at CR 174. However, the power cost for Menace goes from 9765 to 9810 when I equip the new shoulder piece. Upgrading the shoulder piece gives me +82 power.

I'm specced very heavily into Power and my power stat is 29709. Menace consumes a full 1/3 of my power bar. It gives me a 33% precision/weapon damage out buff for 6 seconds and the power has a 12 second cooldown. Menace consumes so much of my power that I dropped it from my regular rotation. I just couldn't maintain it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fies Committed Player

Thats it, thx.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

so I guess weapon buffs are for people who won't use powers. Got it.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Using the Improved Stealth mod is currently a good way to approach Mental DPS. You can place several of your Supercharge abilities on your secondary Stealth bar. It also gives you access to the Ambush powers which do a lot of damage.

Max Damage only gives you a 2% damage boost. Improved Stealth gives you a shield and Stealth itself gives you a secondary loadout bar.
  20. Fies Committed Player

Thats what Im doing right now. Shield is pretty powerful (saw 7-9k hits absorbed iirc).
    Makes me wonder how powers with access to a second skillbar will be balanced compared to those without also.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.