Stats Revamp: Mental 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Taking the individuality from the powers is my thing. As a mental player since 2011 if I wanted to use a pull I grab/ grabbed lasso. Mental does not need to be a clone of the other controller powers. Mental does not need a pull. I am afraid to see what happens to the rest of the powers after this TBH. Everything is going to be a clone with different colors.
    • Like x 2
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

thats my thought on the revamp: all powers basicly the same (except visuals) = devs took the cheapest way to handle dps ballance
    though: i think pull BELONGS to telekinesis just like push (thirst thing that comes in ones mind) and levitation of course.
    however: there could be an interaction between pull and push like in the flight tree.
    also: if you levitate your enemy, i think you would want to smash your enemy to the ground aswell, dont you?
    a combo by click tap and hold would give you the impression of using telekinesis like... TELEKINESIS ^^

sorry, i had issues loggin in on test and now it seems test has been revertet, so: no testing feedbacks this time from meee ^^'
    • Like x 3
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

You will like it trust me, every other controller power has a pull, it's about time for mental to receive one, the lasso pull is mostly for players who are more geared torwards amazon favor, it wouldn't be favor to a controller who wants to pull enemies as a mental and look cool doing it, I really have high hopes for this update and might subscribe after open episodes of course, lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Not necessarily. Mental receiving a pull is a great thing and we finally don't have to use that damn lasso for once. I just don't like that thought bubble no longer exists.
    And the powers are still very different in play style to get max results, both in tray and weapon clipping styles.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

TBH I don't see why Telekinetic Pull couldn't just be added alongside Thought Bubble? I'm pretty sure when Avair made his big post about the revamp he said something along the lines of this freeing the devs up to possibly create new abilities for existing power sets in the future. So why remove Thought Bubble instead of just adding TK Pull to the set? It's not like you're replacing one power with a similar one - TK Pull is entirely different to Thought Bubble.
    • Like x 3
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I hate to see the end of Thought Bubble.
    It was one of my Fav's, despite it's ire among DPS's.
    If they could eliminate that it takes damage to break them, and allow them to break over time.
    It would be perfect.
    Can't they allow the adds in them take damage, without having to damage the bubble?
    It was FUN to be able to pick up the bubble, cart it and throw it.
    Another piece of fun being taken out of the game.
    • Like x 3
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Sorry, but I will not like it. I have characters with every power and the individuality among the powers is what makes each power special in its own right. All the powers should not be clones of each other.
    • Like x 1
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

That is my biggest issue TBH. What is being done to the powers is not needed or was it asked for. The removal of a lot of CC on all the mental powers is taking the control from the controller.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm confident they're aware of it returning power to the caster in both stances on test. It made it through phase 1 of testing and the developers who read my posts must have seen it in there when I detailed how everything is working from a player's observation. They're also taking a "easy to play for all" approach so it wouldn't surprise me if that function was a gift to everyone.

I'm used to the Instant power heal not returning power to a caster on live so that's what I'm in favor of. But with the supercharge rebuilding option available to Controllers on test that means Controllers should be able to consistently have supercharge active depending on the Controllers aggressive playstyle and additional supercharge mods bonuses.

Overall factors like power over time innate small ticks income, supercharge building from weapon and/or power use, any changes to supply drop cool downs, and whether 2 controllers are actually going to be used in content, among other factors that don't come to mind, that ultimately determine if it's more helpful to the skillful vs casual controller to have the new instant power heal give power to the caster or not. My answer is it is not needed but I need to have vit values at end game stage to see how much power is restored that's actually practical to power heal in challenging content with minimum vit for that level.
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

They did a good job designing Psychic Prison in my opinion. I also always liked Mass levitation's player and NPC animations. The inconsistent timing on these control effects needs to be adjusted or explained by them asap. I keep saying it but players reading these test forums need to understand... You as a controller in this Stats Revamp movement are not better off than you are on live server in regards to controlling NPCs. You are more limited. There will be limited options for you to choose CC powers unless they alter them in January.

For Penryn, I read in one of the threads that power interactions were suppose to get more focus in the future. So I'm not sure if they're prioritizing that right now. I do agree with any power that uses a specific PI should be able to induce it themselves. Also, jeez just imagine how Gadgets is going to get butchered if these functions remain. Has me thinking of asking something in my thread about which powers would players be ok with giving up their CC on because you know it's going to happen given this direction.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

To answer your question....Nope.
    • Like x 1
  12. metalfenix Committed Player

It's beyond me how a dps or a troller should have a pull move (like telekinetic pull), healers and tanks would be mad at us by drawing enemies to our faces.

Now, something like a ranged targeted AoE pull like Singularity of Quantum would be awesome.
    • Like x 2
  13. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

You sir gets a like lol, But yeah thats what I was getting at, its like they just want to make money the quickest way possible now and so to attract new players they seem to be making it easy so people get log on, spend a quick 30 dollars and then leave other than they get on not knowing what to do and because they want to learn they stay spend money, make friends and gradually become veterans.

Thats how I became hooked lol.

In the long run DB can make more money with a steady player base and game structure. I say LEAVE the game alone after this. I don't care if they keep AM on or not. I just became used to it smh. They need to just make the game a certain way and keep at it. Changing the core structure is critical to the game in general and frankly pissing me off, just not knowing what to expect or if I should keep learning something is frustrating.
  14. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

LOL I love dcuo fan base lol, sometimes I can soft troll and other times I cannot. But I get what you were saying before.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one should refer to powerset testing in the end-game and in raids.
    • Like x 1
  16. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I set up a Mental DPS 171SP mostly spec'd into Might
    Full 166CR loaded Might 8 Mods, and have difficulty in Spark of Parallax CR111 Bosses.
    They should melt, but it's a fight. Power is gone quickly, and powers don't do much damage.
    It was Horrid. Science Spire was much worse. I would have died, if it wasn't for the Backup Sewer Guys.
    They hit like Earth's Crystal; and I was hitting like an Earth DPS throwing power.
    Terrible experience. It is sad to see Mental reduced to this.
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

There is definitely a power scaling mechanic in play. I specced out a CR 166 character and tried Terror Tendrils clipped with Menace. Here is the result:

Two powers eat up a very large chunk of my power bar. Menace by itself eats up a large chunk.

For the Spark of Parallax solo, what loadout were you using? Using Handblaster's Uppercut Mastery and Terror Tendrils was a quick way to dispatch the bosses for me. It took me a couple of rotations of that to kill each one.
    • Like x 2
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I'm having the same issue. I dumped 50 skill points into power. I have 20933 power. I can't get 4 powers off before I'm out. It's ridiculous. What's the point of using your tray? I actually was able to get through more rotations at a lower CR than I do with a power spec. (Not full.) At first I thought there was no power back, but there was. It just was slow and very small ticks.

Devs, why did you add back a power scaling consumption?!
    • Like x 2
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That clearly has to be a bug.

There is absolutely no way that is intended. If it is...well...words can't describe the feelings we all will have.

Seriously though, that has to be a bug.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I just dumped 101 SP into Power and that brought me up to 23372 Power. That gave me an additional 4347 Power over my base.

If you are a Mental player, I suggest playing in Controller role right now. Trying to sustain a rotation in Damage role right now is terrible at high CR.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.