The Stats Revamp 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrB Dedicated Player

Can we get some clarification on how vit and power interact now? Does vit have an impact of your innate power regen? To get the most optimal power return whether troll or other role should one invest in power and vit both?
    • Like x 1
  2. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Did you make sure to unlock the mastery for both weapons, both the main weapon you're using and the one you're trying to combo into? That might be why you can't unlock weapon mastery, and why it looks like you can't spend any more points. You should be able to spend all the skill points that you've acquired.
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...rview-and-philosophy-read-this-second.282057/
    This is from Avairs post ^^^here^^^

Power (Regen) Update
    The main focus of this update is to put the power in your hands (pun intended). Regenerating power is more active than it has been before. But with great power comes great responsibility. This means you will have to take an active part in managing your power. You will need to consider power consumption when you choose your load out, items, content you are playing, skill points, etc. You will also need to consult your local controller or two while in a group.
    We had to tread carefully when making changes to power because we know it is so integral to the controller’s identity. Our aim is to make controllers communicate with each other and the people in their raid for keeping power maintained.
    One of the ways we made power regeneration more active is by adding a % based power heal to each weapon attack. This means that as you attack with a weapon, your power will be healed a small amount based on the attack duration. As your power pool grows, so does each individual heal. These heals are not influenced by Vitalization. If you run out of power, take a break from using tray abilities and start weapon attacking. We also gave each player a self power heal over time, in case you opt to make a tray casting build. The power heal from this is also a percentage of your max power pool, and does not benefit from Vitalization. If you’re a non-Controller and enjoy using expensive tray abilities, you’ll want to invest heavily in power so you can cast your abilities more often.
    I want to note that this will feel dramatically different than what is on live. We would really like feedback in this area.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

In Controller role on Test server, your innate PoT (the PoT that gives a tick every 2 seconds) is based on your Vitalization. I checked it out. I still need more vit to confirm but also the quote below is directly from a developer post this second phase of testing.

5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In solo and duo content, the passive power-over-time worked out pretty well. I always had a steady source of power and it freed up a spot on my loadout bar. That was one of the reasons I decided to play all of the solo and duo content in-role. Improved power and access to Controller role stuns far outweighed the benefits of a flat 10% damage bonus. My duo partners didn't mind the reliable power regeneration either.

I really wanted to run some 4 and 8 man content to see how the passive PoT would work out, but never managed to get anything going.

When playing in DPS role, I never felt that the power regen from weapon attacks was sufficient to cover my power expenses. I was anticipating that being more of a issue in large group content where enemies don't give power baubbles.
  6. MrB Dedicated Player

So vit is only useful to trolls? I don't mean to be annoying but I want this explained as much as possible because I don't want another Dom impacts aggro thing going around. I haven't got a chance to be on test yet.
  7. KellyCares New Player

i did all the shield and the first pistols, that's all the points i have gotten, as far as a not on top to unlock weapon master don't remember seeing on. But i should still have points to put in other weapons even if i didn't open weapon master right? Just have not got more weapon points. It went off line but if i get back on ill post screen shots
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Vit only affects trollers. Power regen from healing supercharges were removed. Vit only benefits a controller and only affects PoT and the recharge move. All other innate power regen is based off your maximum power pool.

The higher the pool, the larger power regen. Something that is common when you go through the leveling phase.
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

pls look below
  10. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Can we get a breakdown on how you are going to set up stats like this.

Visible Stats

Health

Health measures the ability to withstand knockout.
    Health automatically begins to recover out of combat.
    The main role of a Healer is to restore the party's health.
    Fire Tanks increase Health by 60% after a power is used.
    Health is the primary stat for Tanks.

Power

Power is required to use abilities in your loadout and is drained as they are performed.
    Power builds when performing weapon attacks and increases with each hit on the hit counter.
    Power regenerates slowly out of combat.
    Power can be restored by specific active powers, breakouts and consumables.
    Breakouts require Innate Skills in a Movement tree to restore power after a breakout.
    Power is restored when defeating opponents in Challenges, Duos and open world content.
    The main role of a Controller is to restore the party's power.

Defense

Defense reduces damage from non-player enemies.
    The higher your level, the more defense is required.
    To reduce incoming NPC damage by 1% requires 15 Defense at Level 1 and 71 Defense at Level 30.
    Ice and Atomic Tanks increase Defense by 90% after a power is used.
    Defense is an important stat for Tanks in PVE content.

Toughness

Toughness reduces damage from player characters; the higher your level, the more toughness is required.
    To reduce incoming player damage by 1% requires 15 Toughness at Level 1 and 71 Toughness at Level 30 .
    Ice and Atomic Tanks increase Toughness by 90% after a power is used.
    Toughness is an important stat for Tanks in PVP content.

Might

Might increases the amount of damage from powers activated from your loadout.
    Adds 0.25% per point at Level 1 up to 0.45% per point at Level 30.
    Might is a primary stat for Damagers.

Precision

Precision adds damage to all weapon attacks including Weapon Mastery combos.
    10 points of Precision increases weapon damage per second by 1 point.
    Precision increases damage from Construct Combos, Celestial Combos, Rage Combos and Aftershock damage. Counter damage is based on Precision.
    Precision is a primary stat for Damagers.

Restoration

Restoration increases Healing and increases the potency of certain defensive abilities.
    3 points of Restoration increases base healing by 1%.
    Controller, Tank and Iconic Shields prevent damage equal to Restoration + Dominance.
    Healer Shields prevent damage equal to 125% Restoration in Healer role and 60% Restoration in Damage role.
    Restoration is the primary stat for Healers.

Vitalization

Vitalization increases power generation effects.
    10 points of Vitalization increases base power generation by 1%.
    Vitalization is the primary stat for Controllers.
    Gadgets, Light, Munitions, Mental and Quantum gain 350 Vitalization while in Controller role.
    Vitalization affects Power Restoration from active powers, breakouts and weapon combos.

Dominance

Dominance increases the potency of certain defensive and healing abilities, and the duration of certain control effects (stuns, roots, levitations and encasements) from powers.
    At high levels, Dominance must be higher than enemy Willpower to be effective.
    The recommended Dominance for an Alert, Raid or Operation is needed to affect opponents in that content when using power based control effects.
    4 points of Dominance increases base healing by 1% .
    Power Control Effect duration is increased by 1 second for every 500 Dominance.
    Controller, Tank and Iconic Shields prevent damage equal to Restoration + Dominance.
    Dominance is doubled in Tank role and Controller role.
    Fire Tanks gain 2.2 points of Health for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Earth Tanks gain 1 point of Defense for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Rage Tanks increase Health by two-thirds Dominance for each nearby enemy after a power is used.
    Dominance is an important stat for Tanks and Controllers.

Combat Rating

Measures your PvE combat effectiveness based on the best equipment in your possession.
    PvP Combat Rating

Measures your PvP combat effectiveness based on the best equipment in your possession.
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Hidden Stats

These stats are not visible on the Stats screen and can be developed through the iconic powers and the weapon skill trees.
    Critical Healing Chance

The chance to perform a critical heal.
    Base Critical Heal Chance is 5%. Critical Heal Chance is capped at 33% in PVP.

Critical Healing Magnitude

The percentage increase of health restored with a critical heal.
    Base Critical Healing Magnitude is 25%. Critical Healing Magnitude is capped at 175% in PVP.

Critical Attack Chance

The chance to perform a critical attack with a weapon.
    Base Critical Attack Chance is 5%. Critical Attack Chance is capped at 33% in PVP.

Critical Attack Damage

The percentage increase of damage a critical attack with a weapon does.
    Base Critical Attack Damage is 25%. Critical Attack Damage is capped at 175% in PVP.

Critical Ability Attack Chance

The chance to perform a critical attack with an ability.
    Critical Ability Attack Damage

The percentage increase of the damage a critical attack with an ability does.
    Critical Power Chance

The chance to perform a critical with a power-restoration ability.
    Base Critical Power Chance is 5%.

Critical Power Magnitude

The percentage increase of the amount of power restored with a critical power-restoration.
    Base Critical Power Magnitude is 25%.

Weaponization

Weaponization determines the size of objects that can be weaponized and the damage caused by tossing or smashing those objects. High Weaponization is required to lift large objects including vehicles.
    Weaponization can be increased with Super-Strength and Neo-Venom Boost.

Stealth

The effectiveness of the concealed powers Invisibility, Sneak and Stealth.
    Perception

The chance to detect nearby concealed enemies.
    Tanks gain +3 Perception. X-Ray Vision adds +5 Perception.

Evasion

The chance to evade an attack.
    Evasion is temporarily granted by specific powers and weapon combos.

Run Speed

Run Speed affects in combat movement.
    Run Speed is affected by specific powers and control effects.

Control Resistance

Knockback Resistance affects knockdown, juggle, impulse or push effects.
    Restraint Resistance affects root or encasement effects
    Stun Resistance affects stunning effects.
    Each Movement type provides 2 types of control resistance.
    Weapon Mastery Combos increase Control resistance.
    Tanks have powers that provide Group Control Resistance.
    Some powers provide individual Control Resistance.
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Might

Might increases the amount of damage from powers activated from your loadout.
    Adds 0.25% per point at Level 1 up to 0.45% per point at Level 30.
    Precision

10 points of Precision increases weapon damage per second by 1 point.

Restoration

Restoration increases Healing and increases the potency of certain defensive abilities.
    3 points of Restoration increases base healing by 1%.
    Healer Shields prevent damage equal to 125% Restoration in Healer role and 60% Restoration in Damage role.
    Vitalization
    10 points of Vitalization increases base power generation by 1%.

Dominance

Dominance increases the potency of certain defensive and healing abilities, and the duration of certain control effects (stuns, roots, levitations and encasements) from powers.
    At high levels, Dominance must be higher than enemy Willpower to be effective.

4 points of Dominance increases base healing by 1% .
    Power Control Effect duration is increased by 1 second for every 500 Dominance.

Fire Tanks gain 2.2 points of Health for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Earth Tanks gain 1 point of Defense for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Rage Tanks increase Health by two-thirds Dominance for each nearby enemy after a power is used.

Need the info......... :)

[IMG]

Knowing this stuff would help answer a lot of questions before they are even asked.
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I'm enjoying the regeneration of power!
    But it is still not the ideal we are waiting for.
    As I said on the ice topic, I did a loadout in which I used only power, but had less damage.
    I think this may be the way!
    Weapon with power can be a combination with more damage, especially with WP, but allow us to have 100% power return, even if this is not the greatest damage!
    Nothing prevents us from using our armories for different missions!
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Whilst I haven't been on Test yet for this revision, so I haven't seen the passive power regeneration in action, it seems to me that there's a non-sequitur in the Controller section.

Not really - it's an intrinsic part of the role, in my view, whereas spamming self-power heal abilities has never been an efficient part of a DPS rotation unless they also deal a decent amount of damage.

If you want to make PoT somewhat passive, you could, for instance, add it to the cc abilities across the board whilst in Controller role?

Or make it an active thing in a similar way to Celestial's Purify mechanic - targets of a Controller ability return power either when attacked (with weapons or abilities), or when they attack? This maintains a Controller's active role in PoT regen, enables the Controller to clearly signal to the rest of the group priority targets, and assists those who need it most - the players in the middle of the fight?
    • Like x 2
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I actually wouldn't mind having a PoT being given by having a debuff or crowd control effect on a target if they change the duration of debuffs.

-If a target is debuffed or cc'd by a controller, weapon attacks regenerate power to the group as well to the user (stacking effect for several debuffs)
    -Debuff duration decreased to 5 seconds.
    -Dominance now increases cc duration by 1 second every 250 dominance and increase debuff duration by 1 second every 500 dominance.

If you had just a controller focused on power out through dumps, you wouldn't have maximum power out. If you had a controller focused just on cc and debuffing you wouldn't have maximum power out. You would ideally want to have both. And if the energy battery tried to stun and debuff, because their stats are into vit and power and not dominance, they would have to debuff or stun spam which would consume a lot of power and not be efficient or even possible. You would want a controller who spec'd for dominance to have those cc effects that can last 4 seconds longer than normal, to have debuffs last 2-3 seconds longer. Have an energy battery giving power out through dumps and have a cc/debuff troll giving power out through their power usage.

All you would need to do is tune the numbers to where you need both forms of power back as well as having each boss have several buffs. It would be impossible to keep 2-3 debuffs up at a 5 second duration while dumping for an energy battery alone, and a cc/debuff troll wouldn't be able to focus on PoT or power out to the group directly. They would actually need to work together. And the damage troll would be a replacement for the cc/debuff troll if the group desired more burn.
  16. Sem-Sensei New Player

I'm a little worried. If the powers will be standardized to what we see on the test server, will not this end up with the various game styles?
    For example, we now have 5 different tanks. Players choose one according to the style of play and personal taste and learn how to use that power. The same goes for the other powers and roles.
    I know we have balancing problems now, but the characteristics of each power count for the players, such as the combos of Celestial, the pets of Sorcery, the transformations of Nature, the aggressive tank of Rage, The defense of Ice or the atomic that is already more versatile, and so on
    Maybe I'm wrong but I did not want to be limited to choosing my power just by "color" or animation.
    • Like x 2
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Avair,
    few bigger picture notes here:

- Dps wise we are used to 12 sec rotation cycles. I think that duration of Power Interactions and Weapon Buffs effect should last 12 sec or very close to that, too. It is very awkward for both to expire half way of a rotation. Also, Im not sure how I feel about removing Might buffs and Weapon procs and turning everything into Precision buffs.

- PI damage increase % seem way too low. It should be something more meaningful like 30% or more.

- Dont remove CC effects at random. Only CC effects that should have reduced distribution among power set are Stunning, Rooting and Encasing.That being said, Stunning and Rooting should not be removed from Controller role, nor should any CC effect be removed from Controllers. You guys should be able to just disable Stunning and Rooting in Dps stance but keep it active for Controllers.

- Cooldowns for Electric heals are still way too long. Healer role and abilities are pretty well balanced as it is on Live, dont turn everything upside down.

- Damage vs cooldown time for abilities like Voltaic Bolt should be looked at. I think that longer cooldowns are o.k for "Mini - Orbital strike" like abilities like that but we should still be able to use them at least once per 12sec rotation.

- The only needed change about Controller role, would be Debuffing for bigger % or making Debuffs last longer than now. You guys went into so much trouble changing things about Contrllers that didnt really need any changes.

- A real good change could be to reduce Restoration from Healer gear and Vitalization from Controller gear and replace it with more Power stat. That way people would take 2 healers and 2 controllers in raids, while the extra Power will be enough of a stat replacement for a solo healer and solo controller to work with in alerts.

Any changes you guys make to core gameplay should be only a slight difference from Live server. Taking something and turning it 180 degrees from how it works Live or doubling the cooldown will not be received well. Shoudnt be a big surprise by now.
  18. Ringz Dedicated Player

I think this is an interesting idea and should be consider. This will make it more for controllers being known as "general of the field", since the controller debuffs are usually where the group should be attacking as a priority. And could bring back the playstyle of being a power battery back for those who choose it, while the other troller can be the cc specialist.
  19. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

DayBreak,

How will Dominance now be beneficial beyond the Dominance cap of the instance? Will it only provide strength to shielding or will there be an incentive for longer CC in accordance with a higher Dominance.

Thanks in advance
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

I wanted to play more of the stat revamp before putting any of my thoughts down, but as a first impression I feel positively about the changes.

Some background about me; I started playing at F2P until about a year ago and was super-obsessed with the game. I did pretty much everything from the hardest raids to PvPing at SOE Live to debating anything/everything on the forums. I was pretty much a fixture on test server for all the game updates. When I stopped playing PvP I fell back on PvE raids, and when PvE became less engaging I just stopped playing. It got to the point where the end was in sight in terms of balancing all the AMs and powersets.. but the final product looked incredibly boring to play. WMs and AMs did not increase our choices; it forced everyone to use AMs which themselves were incredibly simplistic. Even a child could master an AM rotation in 5-10 min, and there was only really one "good" AM per powerset.

As for this stat revamp, what I liked about leveling was the streamlined way in which we get skill points and new powers. But after not playing the game for a year my memory was rusty about where things were and I think the UI messaging could be clearer about when we get something new and where we can spend a skill point. I also wish the descriptions of the powers were more detailed; damage range, cooldown, type of effect (ray/field/cone) would be ideal.

In combat I found myself using my weapon and powers at about 50/50, which I like. What I like about using my weapon is there's a certain timing and execution to weapon combos that is so much more engaging than just pressing 1-2-3-4 on my keyboard. What I like about my powers though are planning my rotations, PIs, power management, and when to use what tool. So a 50/50 or 40/60 split between those two types of skills is ideal I think.

The long cooldowns felt weird at first, but I do like how you're increasing the potency of abilities that do have a long cooldown. Please just try and time the cooldowns to reflect the average amount of time we spend in combat. If I'm going through multiple engagements that only last a few seconds, I'd like to be able to apply my PI more often to reflect that.

In terms of power management I occasionally had to pop my soda just for the power, but it wasn't too often that happened. I quite like being able to actually see all those blue numbers flying everywhere after I use my weapon attacks. I'm also very excited about the changes to power regen and the Controller role in general.

I remember having to play as a Controller throughout the Paradox Wave raids simply because no one else wanted to play for 3 hours straight only pressing "range tap, range tap, power dump." Ad infinitum. Sure we'd debuff occasionally or get pickups, but make no mistake the primary purpose of a Controller back then was being a power battery. If you weren't giving enough power out then YOU were out, lol. And fast forward to when I stopped playing, Controllers had the opposite problem where DPS would generate all of their own power through AMs. I just felt useless and unchallenged looking at power bars that were always full even when I was being lazy giving power back.

I actually don't mind being a blue bar healer if that's what the team needs but at least give me more tools to use than pot, power dump, and SC. What makes being a healer fun is using the right tool for the job and there are a variety of heals that have different functions that reflect that. But not so with a Controller's blue bar healing; it's mainly just one button you're pressing the vast majority of the time. Even if you're the troller that manages pot and double ticks, I don't feel truly skillful having to master it. Counting to 20 then throwing pot again begins to feel rote, mechanical, and a chore.

So like I said, I'm all for this new passive pot change. BUT only if you Devs replace that duty with something MORE meaningful for Controllers to do. Right now you've taken away an admittedly boring job, but you can't just leave that void unfilled. Please give Controllers a new and indispensable duty that is more engaging than what we had before. I feel that that this may be the most important thing that comes out of these stat revamps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.