New Material Ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JasonIsley, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I have not seen a thread dedicated to new Material concepts, so I'll start with a few ideas.
    Shiny Metals
    After seeing the Shim Tar Regalia, I want more.
    Shimmering Fabric (with an option to adjust color)
    [IMG]
    Remember watching Wonder Woman in her "Invisible" Jet?
    [IMG]
    What about a material that makes you slightly invisible? Like the force fields in Themyscira and outside FoS, with the subtle glow and little sparkly bits.
    [IMG][IMG]
    Or a Holographic Material?
    [IMG]
    Or Kryptonian... Glass? (is that glass?)
    [IMG]
    Sunstone Material
    [IMG]
    How about a material that rotates through colors like these modern wall lamps?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    A Mossy Stone Material for Earth and Nature toons
    [IMG]
    • Like x 12
  2. Nemisor Committed Player

hard light material

[IMG]
    • Like x 13
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

How about Hard Light AND Misted Materials?
    • Like x 5
  4. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I stopped asking for the materials after realizing we would never get any (even "basic" ones) in the regular marketplace to buy like you can the basic auras.

Good luck with your list though :D
    • Like x 4
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Don't give up. Things could change with enough constructive feedback.
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I think things could change but I don't trust those calling the shots (there are somethings that folks blame on the devs that are not their fault, the ones they answer to are more than likely the one who helps tie their hands on a lot of marketplace things... I could be wrong mind you *shrugs*).

I do know after the cosmic release I know there was a thread that actually went on for maybe five pages (possibly more) trying to come up with suggestions or talk about more materials, most of it was constructive... their of course were the ones that were like "why is this in a booster bundle... grrr...".
    • Like x 1
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

Had a chat about that with a close friend and league mate. He reminded me of the time they setup a poll asking if the Light AM should be clipping or combos. The majority voted clipping but they took down the poll and said combos won. It seems like the devs may look at feedback, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you're the majority or a single person, they'll do whatever they want to the game and we'll just have to go with it. Hopefully times have changed as we have a lot of new developers and a new person at the realm. We'll see how Stats Matters moves forward and the impact our feedback will actually have soon :)
    • Like x 2
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Glass, ghost like the halloween ghosts from the seasonal which also looks like the dummies, metal, water, electric, stone, snow/ice, and id love to see a plasmic or nimbus material someday. Even a smoke material too. Whats the name of the diamond skin? That one too. Maybe a runed magic type material also.
    • Like x 4
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Anyone I can buy in the market and not depend on luck or exorbitant and senseless broker prices ...:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

dull (basicly for those styles that contain metallic parts to be more adjustable)
    glowing (similar the glowing skin and like the MP styles)
    metallic (similar to the chrome skin and like the MP styles)
    water (either like the water skin or the summer event armor)
    fire (because you know you will never get that flaming phoenix feather)

just put it on the MP, no more RNG please!
    it would be an improovement if they could be used for certain parts instead of the whole pieces...
    • Like x 3
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Glowing
    Fire
    Ice
    Water
    Stone
    Electric
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I thought something partially invisible would be awesome for a material. Actually totally invisible would be awesome too (to create floating hands, feet and other cool effects, photo incoming soon) but they would have to make it apply to individual channels and not the whole piece to make it work.

But any nearly invisible or smoky, hard to see material suffers from one basic flaw: gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of pvp, but imagine what it would be like if your opponent could make themselves next to invisible through nothing more than style, not abilities. People would definitely abuse it, sadly. The only way to counteract it (that I can think of) would be to have thick outlines. But that kind of defeats the point of the material in the first place.
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Yeah I think being totally invisible would not be a good idea. Even though your name is floating above your head, in PvP it might become an unfair advantage. In PvE, what if you went down and no one can see you to pick you up. I thin a nice in between where you're clearly visible but still transparent. Imagine all the Phantom Limbs walking around.
    [IMG]
  14. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

I already get phantom limbs half the time I go to change my style, set it to none and poof! My torso is missing.
    • Like x 3
  15. recoil Committed Player

techno material? like a sort of tron look would be nice. or how about spike material? i kinda liked the spined look of the armor on the new minotaur /s in amazon fury3. if they made that chest style available i'd definitely buy it.
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I'd love to see some volcanic material.
    Any material from the weapon packs would also be nice.
    • Like x 2
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Fantastic ideas!
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Like this?
    [IMG]
  19. recoil Committed Player

that does look neat. i was thinking like from tron legacy but now that i think about it classic tron would be a better looking idea.
  20. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Lol... New ideas for material that they will put in a booster bundle or time capsules.
    When will you guys learn that your ideas will be considered but executed to the point that its going to be hidden behind RNG
    • Like x 3