Stats Revamp: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullGang Devoted Player

On live Electrocute shared the cool-down with Wired but thats not the case anymore.
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

This is another aspect that is going to hurt the gameplay.

How exactly are LO and rotations gonna work with everything having different and insanely long cooldowns?
    • Like x 1
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

No idea. I'm guessing since Wired isn't a might buff anymore if you want to play from the tray you don't need it unless you want to be a weapons player. Looks like we need to increase our might everywhere we can find it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electrogenesis and the power heal have the same cooldown. I basically used that, Arc Lightning, MV, Electroburst. I put both DoTs on my bar but rarely had to enough power to use both after initial casting.

Also, I have no problem building SC due to my weapon attacks. As it stands now, I can't see a duo or solo build based on polarized PI.
    • Like x 1
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah I can't seem to make a build that makes sense for polarised unless its an Alert but even then its kinda meh waiting for E Bomb.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It lends more to having a Controller refill your bar while you use Wired to buff weapon attacks.
    • Like x 1
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah. I'm going to jump on test after work later today and try some more loadouts. See how far I can push using no weapons.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Could Electrocute and Wired have the same cooldown time and reduced their power cost?
    • Like x 2
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

I second this. Especially the Electrocute cooldown.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

What I am using now

Electro genesis, Electrocute, wired, power regen, static push, megavolt

I start with electro genesis, then electrocute and my power bar is a little bit less than half, then pop wired clipped to power regen, then hit static push and do weapon combos to build up power until my loadout is back. Sometimes I switch out electrocute and electrogenesis for other faster and weaker moves for solos and duos but everything else stays the same.

Pretty much your big moves have really long cooldowns. However I can spam spark barrage about 3-5 times and have it do more damage in under 6s than electrocute and electrogenesis combined.

Those 4 moves( wired, power regen, static push, megavolt( or circuit breaker when it gets fixed)) are static moves that I dont see leaving anyones loadout. Not just because of their damage but their utility
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Those 4 powers are just my personal preference. Like mepps said you can mix and match any powers and choose not to use wired or the power regen or even a supercharge. The problem is a 30s parse wont work due to cooldown times which makes it hard to get accurate results. But I believe a dev said if those 4 powers combined with any 2 other powers does 3x or more damage than another loadout that doesnt have those powers, then thats where we have the problem. Once I get to t4 I will start doing 60s parsers to test results.
    • Like x 1
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm thinking this may work for a tray loudout but the names escape me.

Electrogenesis, Electrocute, Electrocharge, Overcharge, Voltaic bolt, Arc Lightning.
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Could Circuit Breaker's duration be increased from 12 seconds to something like 15 or 20 seconds. That would be great because Circuit Breaker is mainly a weapon buff Super Charge and using Super Powers doesn't benefit during the 12 seconds. Having it at either 15 or 20 seconds would be awesome. Personally, I would love to see it at 20 seconds as it would go nicely with trinket buffs + wired's 12 seconds.
  14. Velament New Player

Honestly i agree with everything so far that is being said. I was all for this revamp yet if this is any indication as to what it's really going to be like I'm extremely scared for this game. A lot of what I'm seeing is going to cause many people to stop playing. The cool downs & power cost along with the in effectiveness to do a great job with healing is a huge problem. Not to mention that why leveling up you empty your entire power bar hoping to see some sort of healing towards the rest of the group & their health never moves. The range on healing doesn't reach all players & so it is now a very bad power to heal with cuz of cool down times & power cost & area effectiveness of the heals. Electroburst has issues regarding range as this is one of the very first powers granted to you. The npc's are right at you before it even affects them, would hit with them at 3 feet in front of toon but now hit only when their right on top of you & cool down is 8 seconds compared to 3. I really get that you want us to use our weapons but with the power cost of our powers being so high, the range/ area effectiveness diminished and the regen of power not as fast with weapons attacks then the troll will be taxed more now than ever. You guys said that the troll wouldn't be looked to as just a battery anymore yet that's all I see happening. I play every role in multiple powers so I'm genuinely worried now.
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

electroburst does not require a target to heal you anymore and the heals are not multiplied by additional targets.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm only lvl 28 so i don't have v-bolt yet, so for those of you that are 30 can you tell me if v-bolt refreshes any dots. I doubt it does :(

Honestly I don't like any of these changes, all the powers are going to feel the same. They killed off the dots, you can't put pi's on things correctly most of the time cause of the crazy long cooldowns. This is all just so frustrating.

The super charge builder power just needs to be gone we can build supers just fine how we did since the beginning of the game. I don't want to see people just running around using supers all the time. We wanted supers to be good not to come up with stuff like this.

The power back thing could be useful for solos and duos but i'm not really a fan cause it clogs up my loadout. Instead of power back like this just give us a troll buff in solo's and duo's then other content thats what trolls are for.

Please for the sake of the game just put the powers back how they were this is all a super bad idea.
    • Like x 7
  17. Velament New Player

One additional thing is having NO DOT's is a colossal mistake.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

My current loadout:
    Arc Lightning (set up PI) - Voltaic Bolt (Burst Dmg) - Tesla Ball (AoE dmg, benefits from PI) - Flux (survability) - ECharge (Power Regen)
    Wired.

Honestly, non of the Supercharges seems to be worth in DPS role :(
    • Like x 2
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

there are 2 DoTs but they don't last the duration of the cool down. I am not a fan of that. I would consider ESB a fractured burst, not a DoT, I would rather see a stronger initial hit followed by smaller ticks, like it used to be.
    • Like x 2
  20. L T Devoted Player

Which I found disconcerting and generally kind of sucky.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.