Is This There Answer For Pushing 2-2-2-2 Groups?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Here2Help, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringz Dedicated Player

I haven't read thru the whole post and everyone say in this. But I feel as long they keep in mind of a way for players who are very talented in this game, to be able to solo heal, tank, troll etc. I would like to think thats what having the best gear, alot of skill points, and great playing skills will allow us to do. I would like a green name take on this.

I don't like to be handicap, I like options damnit :(
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The game was never designed to always have a 2-2-2-2 set up, the devs I believe may have used that when they created the content but the majority of raids in this game have never been that set up. None of the original raids were, at least no group I ran with (not to mention until the intro of the single taunt it was annoying to tank with some one anyways), so you're technically wrong on that count.

You also would be returning to the role of the tank, there actually making those "funner" to play in terms of you don't have to stand there and block... that just means the tank shortage could hypothetically be over... with how it currently looks I'd think you end up having a troller shortage though.

Also you missed my point completely about hard light and celestial. With the way they changed the current three powers (the fact that precision is officially going away in terms of using abilities) those ones would get an over haul that will probably tinker with their system to make things "fair". I'm not even sure hard light will be allowed to keep it's current version of being able to combo all the powers for free as long as they don't breakt the chain... not to mention if they slow celestial down that is going to completely change battle healing and more than likely not enjoyable for those who enjoy it.

Finally, I think the main point you seem to be missing is that I'm speaking out while testing because I do not enjoy the direction things seem to be going, it's making the game less fun to play, and I actually play all three of these powers on a semi consistent basis on live. My feedback maybe considered "too soon" by some... and I will be the first to admit (and I've said it at least twice yesterday) I am not ready to grab a pitchfork, but that doesn't mean I like where the changes seem to be heading. Based off past history, I'm surprised everyone's acting like we should just "give them a chance" with the way things are going. I'd like the game to thrive, not just survive. I don't think the game can do that if their is another group of people who leave if folks are not happy with this update.
    • Like x 4
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

+1

Increased cooldowns is slowing down the game too much which is what DCUO is all about. It's why most of us are still here. I get that the devs want to push 2-2-2-2 but it's not the right way. Instead reduce resto, reduce vit, reduce defense or whatever. Make people run 2-2-2-2 because they can't actually heal players back up to 100%, not because they need to wait on cooldowns.
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its this. i'm all for giving things a chance but what ive read sounds like weapon mastery all over again which turned out to be a huge snoozefest. i was literally dozing off at boss fights. when i first read that mental was going to be one of the first powers tested my stomach clenched. we've been hopeful for so long holding out and its starting to look like were going to get the extreme opposite of what we need.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Honestly man, you're just talking about stuff you don't even know about now. You have no idea what's going to happen to HL and celecstial players, because neither powerset is part of this testing which is barely in the alpha stage. This entire thread is not constructive. It is just you bellyaching with one whole day's experience under your belt of a system that is guaranteed to be changed and tweaked.

You ARE putting the cart before the horse, because you're speculating wildly with limited information.

To put it another way, one day of testing in a pre-alpha build doesn't make you an expert, or a soothsayer, so please stop pretending to be either.
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

And yet what we can glean already is, radically slowed down gameplay, extreme unwanted cooldowns and a completely unnecessary reinvention of the wheel. People are being more than reasonable considering the track record and what's currently on test.
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not a fan of how they are essentially handicapping the player to lengthen content. Yes, things were going too fast, but now it's the opposite. I don't get the devs it's always extreme with them, there is never balance. They also always give the "careful what you wish for."
    • Like x 5
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Tell you what, if what I says bothers your or you dislike it so much you can either agree to disagree or you can always put me on ignore *shrugs*.

I do think it's funny that after everything that has ever happened in this game, between all the different overhauls, that you think if they slow down some classes they would not do it to others. They did that when WM came out to streamline abilities but I'm silly to think that if things don't change they won't come to pass.... okay if that's what you want to think.

I have tried to be extremely cordial in my posts yesterday and today but since I'm not sure others can continue this vein maybe this is just time to take a haitus from the forums, especially considering since my viewpoint apparently has no merit because this is an early stage.
    • Like x 2
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I don't why people these changes are good for the game, because it will force 2-2-2-2 back in the game? Newsflash, 2-2-2-2 was needed back then because players were new, no one knew how to use their abilities effectively and so second support roles helped alleviate the pressure on one another.

As the game progressed through T3-T5 Solo Tanks and Healers emerged because these players were good enough at utilizing their power set to an acceptable level where Soloing was possible. Solo Support roles became mainstreamed since more players were getting better at their role and the content that was being produced was being less and less difficult. Heck Solo Trolls only became a thing because of Weapon Mastery, without GU36 we would still have had two trolls in most raid groups.

All this patch does is limit the support roles and reduces the skill of players even further as they're gated through massive cooldowns, you might think there's more skill in being able to manage these cooldowns but in this type of game where the enemies will basically become the Flash and we're mere plebs there will not be an effective way for a singular Healer to support the whole group if they go this route. The changes they made to electric healing have amplified it's weaknesses so much in comparison to the live server that if released it will make the power set even worse than current. (No idea for Tanks and Trolls because I haven't looked into them but the general consensus seems to be the same)

Force 2-2-2-2 by making difficult content not gating our ability to play :/
    • Like x 1
  10. MrB Dedicated Player

After finally downloading test and playing last night here are my conclusions so far and what I see happening if this revamp hits live as is for all powers:

• Controllers don't "control" any npc with cc anymore. People that hated when trolls cc'd everything finally got their wish, so enjoy loose adds that tank cant cc. Trolls will have the sole duty of hitting pot and maybe debuffing. Essentially trolls have become batteries. My suggestion is give trolls cc back.
    • Cool downs have been increased to ridiculous lengths. When I was testing ice last night the group pull has a such a long cool down that I guarantee that tank will have loose adds out on the field and won't be able to actually pull them like a good tank should no matter how hard they try. Even in a 2222 group its more likely than not that tanks will use their pulls on the first few adds leaving the rest of adds to casually walk up and kill people, this is especially true for maps such as HH, LHL, LW, and PW just to list a few. Keep in mind troll can't stun adds like they used to.
    • Increased cool downs for healers means that unless people are active in voice chat, all heals will be on cool down so better hope for supply drops or soda. Or that spring event pet that heals. I'm not joking about this. There will be so many wipes because healers spammed powers and everything is on cool down that it's not even funny. And don't tell me that is not gonna happen because it happens already with the current cool down rates, except this time it's gonna be more noticeable.
    • Current suggested changes to power mechanics seem like every power will be pretty much identical except for visuals and sound. Its gonna be supercharge, self power heal, supercharge generator, shield, aoe attack and single attack. You can change last three but seeing how support powers are set up you will want a shield, which leaves 2 powers to chose from.
    I really hope things for this update chance drastically because as it stands now, well lets just say gu 47 will seem golden. Seriously listen to the testers they are the ones that want this game to go on, that's why they are testing.
    • Like x 6
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yep my thoughts exactly. Just more boring slow stuff just now with crazy cool downs and even less variety in dps load outs. This is not what we want, I know most people I talk to want a fast paced pre GU36 play style not anything like what's going on now. What a let down :(
    • Like x 3
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Post that in the "Read this Second" thread.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

History repeats itself. The Devs had ONE JOB. Make Stats matter. But instead of doing that ONE JOB, they felt the need to go and make FUNDAMENTAL changes to powers that no one asked for, or wanted.
    Ice has less shields(What?!),
    Electric has less dots(What?!),
    Trolls have less CC and Pot(What?!),6 second Pot has to be the most inane thing I've ever heard.
    Cool-downs have been extended on the most fundamental powers(WHO IN THE HECK ASKED FOR THIS EVER)
    Tanks are now ALL battle tanks, because CLEARLY I choose to be a fire Tank so I can Play like atomic.
    Our load outs have somehow got even MORE limited despite the Devs supposedly getting rid of power points:
    • We need a Supercharge recharge (what in the he... Just freaking why?)
    • We need a Power Recharge ( Using power to get power is.... just wow)
    • We need a Supercharge (ok, i'd prefer to not use a SC but whatever. "Options" right?)
    All on one loadout. But we are somehow supposed to have "Options". I guess which spot should I put my REDUNDANT power recharge skill, is considered an option.

History repeating itself all over.
    • When all we needed is Prec and Might balanced, what did the Devs do? Weapon mastery
    • When all we needed is Weapon Mastery balanced, what did the Devs do? Advanced Mechanics
    • When all we needed is Advanced Mechanics balanced what did the Devs do? Made them all the same thing
    • When all we need is the Advanced Mechanics improved, what did the Devs do? Scrapped 5 years of BS changes no one asked for in the first place to make MORE changes no one asked for.
    This constant, taking 2 steps back to take 1 step forward philosophy only results in one thing. A step back. LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS. Stop wasting time on changes that most players will BEG you to remove. This everlasting cycle of you guys just doing whatever the heck you think is best without discussion with the player base is EXACTLY HOW WE GOT TO THIS POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I Haven't played this game in Months and stats matter was the sun on the horizon. Not anymore. It actually reinforces my belief that this game is not worth it anymore.
    • Like x 3
  14. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I am an eternal tank! But I do not like it very much!
    Even because I do not like 2222 groups!
    I like being the only tank! I hate when I have to share this role with another! And I know some healers and controllers who have the same thoughts as I do ...
    But ... Let's see what's going on ....
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the continued feedback and insults. We'll be reviewing all of the former, as that's the whole point of going through this testing process.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

No insult intended. The game has been wholly reinvented many times. For veterans, this can be very fatiguing and can make some of us quite wary. I'm sure you can understand that especially in light of the multiple scrapped system revamps over the years.
    • Like x 5
  17. zor ile Well-Known Player

mepps why when I go back to look at the past update notes they are all gone I was looking for the cr change that happened, which one was that 37 or 47 ?
  18. BLK Well-Known Player

Good answer man.
    People dont like it, fingers crossed you use the feedback.
  19. Here2Help Devoted Player

Glad to hear. Hope to see some changes coming in to play from the feedback we're giving and our general responses to plans and ideas.
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Excessive Cool-downs; thus accelerated Cool-downs MODS via Time Capsules; thus More Stabilizer Sales.
    Thus the game gets Monetized. That's why!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.