Stats Revamp: Mental

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lernik New Player

Does this mean the encasement from ice's reflect and so on is being removed?

I honestly feel like Daybreak is ruining the controller role. Wouldn't it be better to remove all CC from DPS and non-trollers? Keep the CCs on controller powers so controllers can do their jobs which is to you know CONTROL MOBS and provide power.
    • Like x 6
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

What is the point of removing the crowd control at all?
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I appreciate the work and response Shin-O-B! Thank you for taking on mental!
    Don't get me wrong man I'm liking the new pot changes and I do not envy your job one bit.
    I'm looking more in depth and realizing only the stun aspect has been taken away which is alright and helps tanks a lot. I thought that every bit of CC was being removed.
    I do still stand by the debuffs though.

Thank you for your response man. It's much appreciated
  4. Shin-O-B Developer

Mass Terror and Mass Levitation were placed at the end because of how easy it is to apply the Power Interactions to multiple foes, relative to other superpowers. We would like you to experiment with different P.I. applies in different situations as you grow. Once you hit endgame, it is there for you to use as much as you like.

As it currently stands, you're primarily dealing with the Daze P.I. until the mid-20s. Then the Terror P.I. comes into play. However, we will take another look at when both of these superpowers are granted. But consider this... if these two superpowers are granted earlier, some other superpowers will be pushed further back. At the end of the day, some superpowers won't be granted until 30!

When it comes to DPS, I am a fan of Terror Tendrils, followed by Phantom Flames for a defense debuff and P.I. damage bonus, topped off by Terrorize which also benefits from Terror! :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Shin-O-B Developer

No guarantees on the numbers you want, but we will take a look at that Horrific Visage cooldown. ;)
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Ah I get it, Experimenting is key.

If that's the case then it be can left as is.

I'm just getting into adapting, since i'm used to mental and other stuff on live.
  7. Shin-O-B Developer

Ambush: Sleep should still do that, but not for nearly the same amount of time as before. Is the superpower not sleeping at all? What results are you seeing?
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Question: If the cooldowns don't get reduced, is it intended for only 2 debuffs to be out at 1 time? Like say if it's just me throwing debuffs and the second troll is battle troll, if I miss my defense debuff and hit an add, I can't debuff the boss now because of the cooldown. Would that be a suck it up and just use lock-on constantly to make sure I don't miss, a have the second troll throw the debuff if I miss, or what? I'm wondering about missing debuffs as well as debuffing several adds in a fast manner. *Thinking of groups of 3-5 adds and I just switch targets and debuff all of them. Or is the elite affinity bonus going to be changed to where instead of debuffing just 1 additional add, it'll debuff everything I hit so I'd only have to use 1 debuff every 10 seconds in every situation? Maybe as an 8 socket bonus?
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Reducing control effects for all powers that are not controller powersets makes senses. The changes you currently made to the controller role do not. You have in fact reduced control effect types. You offer 2 to 3 powers that actually control a mob of 8 targets. That's limiting. Controller pushes from TK push only hit 2 targets. That doesn't exactly shift the role to a position to have the best CC. Mental never had a pull so no input will be given there.

Aside from that the Dom duration mechanic is limited to 4 powers. Levitation is there but is single target for 1 power and mass for another. The controller powersets will need more control effect types that hit more targets and stuns need to be programmed at the end of their effect to benefit from being CC controller powers that last longer.

It's limiting and boring to choosing 1 to 3 powers with mass CC.

Single target powers, except pulls, don't need CC effects on them if you're looking to eliminate a lot of CC.
    • Like x 4
  10. Shin-O-B Developer

Thank you for your feedback, my B-suffixed brother!

We're strongly considering an adjustment to the cooldown for Telekinesis, but it won't be as spammable as it once was. With Thought Bubble and a double tap of Cryokinesis, there are some setup options for chunking a big block of something at your levitated target.

Your superpowers are unlocked as you level, so you will not have a lot of options at the low levels, as you will still be filling out your superpower tray.

If playing as a superpowered meta is your style, then be sure to invest in Power and Might (and maybe Vitalization) so you can hit often and hit hard! Stats matter! ;)
  11. Shin-O-B Developer

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic and detailed feedback, TheDark! :D

Bookmarking this feedback to return and reply to with an edit post, as there is quite a bit here! LOL!
    • Like x 4
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Things don't have to be spammable, but they don't have to be prohibitive either. Having a higher power cost already restricts you to think about your rotation, adding a massive cooldown just makes you walk away.

Then I think it would be better to not have 1-2 powers unlock as you go, but have 3-4 unlock in bigger level jumps. Which gives more the reason to try different things. As it is, players wont experiment much.

Stats matter, so does skill points, but you know what restricts and throws that out the window? Long cooldowns. So now we are back to weapon combos. A massively long cooldown AND power consumption will cause for limited loadouts and controller abuse.
    • Like x 5
  13. Shin-O-B Developer

The Supercharge generating abilities will do significantly less damage than other superpowers. That said, what superpower would you prefer to see as a Supercharge generator?
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I think encasements are really the problem here. Since they block damage and cause enemies to become knock-able objects.
    • Like x 5
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

How about tying it to Psychic Resonance and freeing up a slot?
    • Like x 1
  16. Shin-O-B Developer

Bastion will absorb damage, but it will not reflect damage back at the enemy. It is still very much a shield. :)

The duration of the Power Over Time effects are shorter, but the actual value of Power returned will depend on your Power and Vitalization stats.

This is our first pass, so we're going to take another look at cooldowns and stuns, especially in regard to Controllers. Your feedback is very important, as we may and probably will observe the effects of the changes differently. Please continue testing and providing your feedback! The effectiveness of your character in different areas should evolve over time and with stat investment.
  17. Shin-O-B Developer

The change from Damage Over Time to a single shot of damage was one of the most recent outgoing changes. There is a mistake in the description. Good catch! Thank you :)
  18. Shin-O-B Developer

Menace is strictly a buff to Precision-based abilities. It is primarily a buff to weapon attacks.
  19. Shin-O-B Developer

That's the spirit! Smash 'em like a piƱata and collect that sweet, sweet Power like candy! :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

@Shin-O-B

How does Stealth/Invisibility fit into normal PvE gameplay from your perspective?

There are a few instances where you can become Invisible, skip all of the mobs, and head straight to the last boss. However, more recent content is usually designed with gates that only open up if you kill all of the mob groups in the area. Also, Stealth/Invisibility was used in PVE content because it provides a secondary power tray and the Improved Stealth mod provides you with a 100% damage cap shield for a few seconds. I don't know if the Improved Stealth mod is still going to exist after Stats Revamp.

Its cool to be able to "sneak around" in PvP and kill unsuspecting enemies. For PvE gameplay, there are only a very small number of instances that were designed with that capability in mind.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.