Stats Revamp: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullGang Devoted Player

The Wired buff appears in current effects but you need to open it but you're right about everything else.
  2. Mystere Well-Known Player

It doesn't even appear in current effects for me.
    • Like x 1
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

It's there but you need to click on it to see it.
  4. spord Developer

Until you can start putting skill points into Power you will have to use more weapon attacks. The Supercharge return ability is a choice for people that want to use a Supercharge more often. In internal testing I did not do this while healing but Avair did. Both of us had no problems keeping the group alive during 1-30 content. My goto AoE "heals" are Bio-Capacitor and Flux. I usually back those up with positional heals from Arc Lightning, Galvanize, or Electrogenesis (usually two of these). Then I fill in the gaps with Electrosurge and a healing Supercharge. Obviously not all of that can be done at level 21 but it also isn't needed yet.

Much like needing skill points for Power you will start seeing better output from things like Electrocute as you get more Might. In the early game I tend to use something I can spam more often while taking on non-boss characters because they are easier to KO than at high levels.

Thanks for testing and please continue with the feedback.
    • Like x 4
  5. spord Developer

Wired should definitely have sweet sounding glowy hand VFX. It should also show in the current effects menu. I'll take a look at it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mystere Well-Known Player

Thanks for the response. One of the reasons the biocharge was added to elec originally was to give it more aoe capabilities with the priority heal. Removing it seems to go the opposite diection. Flux is a shield, not a heal. Thus, we really do have to rely on arc lightning, galvanize and the super. I will hold off with my thoughts til I do harder group content, but I am very skeptical that this will work on things like Olye.

Also, why are the priority heals the only heals that share the same range? Why not all?

Also, why the ability for the power back mechanic? Why not just have power regenerate on its own with abilities or weapon attacks? The power back ability doesn't add anything interesting and all you wind up doing is clipping a power with it and losing a spot on your ability bar. Seems very unoriginal and unneccesary. Are you guys fully committed to this - in other words should I just accept it and move on or are you guys seriously still open to making significant changes there?
    • Like x 5
  7. spord Developer

All heals will not have the same range because then things like Arc Lightning can't even be interesting or need some skill to use best. As far as the power back mechanic I believe Avair asked for feedback on that in the main thread because we want a lot of feedback on it but need these power set threads to stay about the specifics.
    • Like x 2
  8. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Skill seems irrelevant when Celestial can spam admonish and heal you across the universe ;(

Delaying someones ability to heal in this type of game doesn't seem the best way to go, should be rewarded for fast reaction time and knowing what to use. Limiting what the powers do doesn't make it more skillful just makes the power redundant if other power sets can achieve the same goal easier
    • Like x 2
  9. Mystere Well-Known Player

Not saying all powers should work the same but all healing powers should have the same potential. As Celestial Powers said above, why can one power, celestial, spam admonish with a long distance group heal whereas elec has nothing even close. Some parity in potential healing versus effort and complexity would be nice IMO . With all of the other changes, it seems like now would be best time to do it.

Another option could be to remove all dmg capabilities from the healing powers so you don't have to worry about the animation time/dps potential and speed up the recharge times on the healing powers.
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

30 second cool down on Electrostatic Bomb ? Why ?
    • Like x 4
  11. Cyro Committed Player

So far i think we are all in agreement that the cooldowns is way too long. I bet youre going to say level up, get some sp then form an opinion but i cant, superman mission is bugged -.-
    • Like x 2
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

I will have to admit some if not most of the cooldowns on the powers not just electric are absurd. Electrostatic bomb is one of them. However if it does alot of damage at T4 then I can see why having such a large cooldown.

Spord can you explain or direct us to another post that explains why such a large cooldown and the change to cooldowns on many moves?
    • Like x 4
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Uh so I just unlocked shockwave, it has a 0.5s cooldown and is by far the best power I've gotten so far. None of the other powers come close

Also why is static push doing less than 100 damage and has a 12s~ cooldown?
  14. Mystere Well-Known Player

Shockwave does 500 and is very fast recharge. Ebomb does about 1500 but on 30 sec cooldown. Why?
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

I believe static push cooldown is so long due to it being the supercharge building power.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

I can confirm this bug too. No animation and does not show up in the Current Buff Menu.
  17. spord Developer

Static Push gains a large chunk of Supercharge, inflicts a power interaction, and has crowd control. All of these things along with the cooldown and the fact it is an AoE determine the damage. There are definitely going to be different loadouts than there used to be.
    • Like x 2
  18. spord Developer

Damage output is linked to cooldown as well as power cost and a few other factors. Cooldown and power cost are what will make Electrostatic Bomb keep higher damage output than other super powers.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mystere Well-Known Player

I get the concept here but I really think most will do some kind of fast weapon attack and clip it with shockwave and do this multiple times before waiting 30 seconds for Ebomb. No one is going to want to reserve a spot on the hotbar for a an ability that you use every 30 seconds when you can get multiple other attacks off in that time and do more dmg. Plus, if you play that way it will be SLOW. Please rething the recharge times. This is becoming a fantasy MMO instead of the fast paced action MMO you guys originally built and which is what made this game unique.
    • Like x 9
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Wouldnt other powers that were quicker do more dmg in a 30 second time frame then waiting 30 seconds to cast 1 pwr? Let me say it a better way. If 1 power does 1000 dmg but has a 10 second cooldown. But another power does 300 dmg but has a 2 second cooldown. I could cast the 2 second power 5 times in that 10 seconds and do more dmg then the 30 second 1 right? And wouldnt both powers scale up in dmg by the player getting higher might or precision? Just trying to understand how u guys see some of this stuff. So question is why wait and use the power with the longer cooldown?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.