Stats Revamp: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Please use this thread for feedback specific to Electricity powers. For general combat feedback (not specific to Electricity), please use this overview thread instead.

Self Power Return: Electrocharge
    Self Weapon Buff: Wired
    Supercharge Generator: Static Push

All abilities have been rebalanced for range, cost, damage, cooldowns, and CCs.

What else is different?
    • Repulse has been replaced by Electrocharge, which is your self power heal
    • Wired (and all weapon buffs) is now only for the user
    • Ionic Drain is the same in both roles and is intended as a single target DPS execute ability
      • It still has some flavor heals though
    • Bio-Capacitor heals you and 7 group members for both heals
    • The Bio-Charge power interaction has been removed
    • Electroburst and Voltaic Bolt no longer deal damage over time
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I'm seeing quite a few changes to electric healing, one was the massive cooldown for arc lightning as well as a tooltip change for electroburst, do you need to hit enemies now to receive the healing or is it like galvanize now?

Still to low for bio capacitor, will report back later - holy hell I just saw the cooldown for this, a long with electrobursts cooldown is massive. Are all healer powers cooldowns getting increased?
    • Like x 2
  3. spord Developer

Yeah all power got balance changes that affect cooldowns so they are not listed here. So many things changed that if you don't see it listed above be sure to check the tooltips. Electroburst does not require you to hit enemies to get healing while in Healer Role.
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

No bio charge??? does that mean no safety net heals?? On my way home to download test but i can't wait that long to know lol
    • Like x 1
  5. spord Developer

The safety net heals are still there but with a bigger heal and shorter duration.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Thanks for the fast response. I'm looking forward to testing all the new changes!!!
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So far, I am noticing that Arc Lightning does not jump to multiple targets. It hits my intended target and heals me, but does not jump to a second target. Anyone confirm?
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ok, maybe it was just an issue with the Brainiac side mission.
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Thank you! It's about time.

Edit: Also, Electric healing is burst, I don't think adding longer cool downs may be a great idea.
    • Like x 5
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

I noticed this too. Electric healing has longer cooldowns. Electroburst has a longer cooldown.

Spord Is it possible going forward to balance all healing powersets, that all priority heals have celestials priority heal range?
    • Like x 4
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Is there any way for Electrogenesis to be applicable to four players instead of two? I ask this because in content that requires people to spread out, it becomes rather redundant to use. Most electric healers apply this to tanks in boss fights because of its HoT properties, but no one is around the tank so the circumference of the AOE doesn't really effect anyone else. This would be especially useful since many Electric healing powers are getting longer cool downs.
    • Like x 2
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

^

Yes please, give every healing power set the render distance range just like celestial in as many abilities you can fit in them.

Honestly before judging with the new electric healing abilities get to 30 first and test it out, I'll do that first before I start complaining :p.

But early days in this powerset, the cooldowns are way too long, Arc has increased a bit, electroburst has increased but is a different power so needs more testing, Bio cap has been increased beyond imaginable - you put a cooldown for an 8 man heal to be this long but currently nature can do this every 0.5s... I get not to compare it to whats on live but then what will be the fate of nature when it's turn for revamping?
    • Like x 4
  13. spord Developer

All the Priority Heals will have the same range.
    • Like x 3
  14. spord Developer

You said it yourself. Do not compare to what is on Live. What is on PC Test is very different.
    • Like x 2
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Wired seems to have no SFX on cast.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thank you so much for this.
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Electrocute does no additional damage with either the electrify or polarize PI
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Just remembered Wired is a weapon buff now :( and it doesn't seem to be granting the buff.
  19. spord Developer

I'll take a look at it but so you know the damage for power interactions is no longer and extra 50% damage.
  20. Mystere Well-Known Player

Elec 21 on test. Lex star labs is bugged - he cant be killed so cant progress any further.

Couple of Elec specific things.

1. Arc lightning dmg doesn't always arc.
    2. Electrocute has a long cool down and doesn't seem worth it at all
    3. Wired doesn't seem to do anything. No glowy hands, nothing in tool tip. No way to see if it is doing anything.
    4. At level 21, u really HAVE to use weapons. If you trying playing from tray, due to cooldowns, it slow and you will run out of power quick even with power back ability.
    5. At 21, for healing you basically have a single target heal, arc lighting and electroburst and biocap. Single target heal works as usual. Biocap has a LONG cooldown and as soon as cooldown is over the safety net expires. That means, at lvl 21, the only aoe heals you can really use are arc lightning and electroburst. Arc lightning has the same probs is does on live - low heals, slow and slow recharge and requires an enemy hit. Electroburst has a short range and also on long cooldown. You can try using the regen supercharge but as you can imagine it is not that reliable for healing. Spord, with this design, what do you envision as the staple AOE heals? Galvanize at later level? Is that range larger than before?

My other comments really related to things common across power sets.

1. Out of 6 ability bar spots - basically 3 are taken - 1) Power back ability; 2) Supercharge back ability; 3) Supercharge. With the three left, you will likely pick a single target ability, an aoe ability and a PI applier. These "feels" very limiting and unexciting. It also makes it so that there is very little difference in playstyle across the power sets. Basically each power is a reskin of each other. I hope you are adding other mechanics to grow your character to make it more interesting cause right now it is way too basic. Maybe it will feel better at lvl 30 and on top tier raids - but for now it is seriously lacking.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.