Quit with two tank raids for awhile already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

I'm all for more support roles in runs, but we don't have that many tank players :(
    If you must force two support roles per raid, force 2 healers or trolls, those are 500 times easier to find.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

What raids are ya speaking of? DWF needed 2 tanks but that raid is 6 months old now and ya only need 2 tanks for 1 boss in the 2 new raids. That would be 2nd boss of Gods&monsters. I agree its weird to have a dlc focused on 1 toon 1 role like the devs stated and then design content where switching role is extremely helpful. But pretty much 90% of the last 3 raid released can be done with 1 tank. That is ktc, oly, and gom. 9 bosses and 1 needs 2 tanks. So a little less then 90% actually but i rounded up :p Its really 89.9% if im right.
    • Like x 2
  3. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

I agree, and even though gom only needs it for one boss, you still need to find someone who can tank it and it becomes really annoying.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

If you were a tank you wouldnt have that problem.
    • Like x 26
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

*snort* So tanks are being forced out of the only content left that calls for them...maybe Devs should just get rid of the tank role. It's not like they haven't screwed over tanks before.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I kinda like 2 tank raids. Prefer them over 5111 raids.

I would like to see the return of 2 troll raids though. DWF had that for a little while at least. May return post stats revamp but who knows.
    • Like x 7
  7. Delta796th Loyal Player

You are kidding right OP
    .. something that forces less pew pew is a bad idea to you?

Smh
    • Like x 6
  8. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

I can't wait for 2222 to return.
    • Like x 12
  9. Korvyne Committed Player

Totally disagree op, it was the community that shunned tanks for a few minutes off of the run time, thats why were scarce, the devs are trying to give content to include all.
    Id like raids/content where we could utilise both our roles during the run and I think the game is going in the right direction.
    • Like x 6
  10. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I bet you OP is a newer player.
    • Like x 1
  11. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Seems about right for the DCUO community though.

Exclude tanks (and healers and controllers....but mostly tanks) in favor of MOAR BURNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Then complain that there aren't tanks around when they're wanted.

I guess all the tank classes should've just waited around patiently on the off chance that somebody would deign to include one or two in a group.
    • Like x 2
  12. jwdrinkwaterjr Active Player

I'd like to see a tank period. I'm getting tired of having to block and roll around the room because everything wants to kill my squishy DPS butt. No seriously. Somebody please take the damn aggro!
    • Like x 2
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

You're going to see a lot more support roles once the stat update hits.
    • Like x 1
  14. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

Why doesn't just one of the tank powers DPS switch for that fight?

Yeah, right. The 'support' roles are expected to be able to switch to DPS, I'd like to see that in reverse, too...
    • Like x 4
  15. Noble One Committed Player

well at most/some times (not including built teams) either one or both tanks are not well equipped for the role. which then resorts to removing one or both and waiting for new ones to come in. for pugs its to time consuming. really if youre gonna make content that you KNOW is going to require 2 tanks then have the system set for it. and yes i know the common "you can make your own group" retort but the queue system is there for a reason.
  16. Delta796th Loyal Player

If you are blind queuing into top content you deserve to fail.
    • Like x 6
  17. Noble One Committed Player

thats not right or even fair. if thats the case then why have the queue system.
    • Like x 1
  18. Delta796th Loyal Player

You seriously going to blind queue into a T8 raid?
    Good luck there buddy...

Queue can be used for anytbing, but you've got to be smart enough to know when and for what to use it for if you want to succeed.
    • Like x 2
  19. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I tank everything. this DPS circle jerk crap is what needs to go!!!
    • Like x 5
  20. Kal~el Committed Player

You definitely would not find it hard to get into a raid.