Backwards Healing Is Fun

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JasonIsley, Nov 21, 2016.

1. JasonIsley Devoted Player

For the battle with Medusa in Underworld Trial and the second boss fight in God of Monsters, I spend the entire fight facing away from the group. I literally focus my camera away from the group so I don't accidentally turn around at the wrong time while casting. Upside is I never turn to stone. Downside is I can never tell if Medusa is about to charge me or if that insane Harpy escaped the Tank. Any Sorcery, Electric or Celestial Healers trying this out?
  2. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I tried it briefly but the camera kept going back to normal.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I do it as a DPS, when she gets her skull, I just turn around and spam WoTPcCS, it's fun lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. Pults Loyal Player

PS?
  5. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

6. Pults Loyal Player

When I tried a controller it kept auto target locking. Might be at fault here.
    Also do you keep moving backwards? You can constantly position yourself to not face her at all.
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm finding the best way to do it is as soon as i see shes about to perform her special attack i block and roll backwards. when i stop rolling my toon is facing the screen with his back to medusa and i can see who shes attacking and when it ends or if shes creeping up on me.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

Yep I heal like that (or spam WotPcCS like Fatal said). But tbh.. nothing special to heal there.. kinda boring to heal
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm also on PS, I wonder if it's your settings?
    Depends on who you're in there with.
  10. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

i play ring around the rosie with medusa, always close to her, and always targeting her. when the skull comes up just jump behind her, the stone attack only affects things in front of her (cone attack). 3 dps + heal or 3dps +tank makes it a 10minute mission :)
  11. Delta796th Loyal Player

Her gaze only has a certain range which you can see. Just stay at range and she'll never hit you with it. If she lunges it's just a quick roll back and your good.

EZ PEEZY
    • Like x 2
  12. Kal~el Committed Player

Why not just pay attention and turn around when the skull is over her head?
    • Like x 2
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

All three of you missed the purpose of this thread so I'll restart. Hi I'm a Nature Healer. I'm very well aware of the gorgons' mechanics. I COULD face Medusa in UT, only turning my back as she prepares her petrifying gaze. But I find it's easier (less risk) to just stay facing away from her and the group, continuing to heal as normal (since I don't have to face/target you to heal). With my back constantly turned I am totally IMMUNE to the attack (very fun mechanic Devs). Now in GOM for the second boss fight it's a little more complicated because A. There's a lot going on. B. Even if I was facing everyone, it's much more difficult to tell when the gorgon is about to attack. I don't want to risk getting caught in animation because that would hurt the group. This works 100% unless something sneaks up on you because 1. No one's communicating to look out and 2. I'm staring at your health bars, not the minimap. I was looking to see if there were any other Healers of different power sets trying this out with success. I was in GOM last night with a Sorcery Healer who was standing at the very far end away and still getting turned to stone every single time. I wanted to suggest he turn around like me but I don't know how other power set heals work.
  14. Delta796th Loyal Player

Well for Electricity, specifically turning around is a terrible idea especially if using arc lightning which many of us use for tank healing. As for your point, NO I actually understood it, and wasn't trying to be combative.

So I'll restate it.. If you stay at range say the size of COP you will never be close enough to her for the gaze to stone you.
    If the boss does lunge you a hrot block and roll is all that's needed.

Your worried about getting caught in animation but if your faced away you can't really see what's going in actual fight. Even if you are turned around if she lunges you (again can't see her) when you get knocked down, you get turned to stone.

Looking above the boss head for the big skull is much easier, and much safer than turning your back away.
    For Sorcery your idea of turning around would work (mostly) COP would not work, and neither would Shard or Soul Siphon...but your limiting your heals by doing that, so just stay back and don't get lunged
  15. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Same goes with tanking, except we're close and within eye beam range. Back facing Gorgon. Ice, for example, has two shields that doesn't turn the character around. So I hit the other shields first; and save them when needed. Useful also for re-applying aggro safely. In UT not a big deal, in GOM 2nd bosses with gorgon and the other champions, a tank getting stoned could mean a group wipe.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Caught in animation as Nature? Are you combo'ing for power? If you're getting caught in animation healing with nature, then I would suggest changing your healing method.
    If you lock target onto the boss, and face away, you can still see the skull appear on their health frame, even if you're not actually facing them.
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

If I'm dropping HoTs (SG + Met) or need to use Blossom and reapply HoTs, there's a good second I can get caught. I should know because it's happened. I'm not locked onto anything (nor do I really need to be) because I have my camera rotated away (there's nothing to lock on to). But AGAIN not the issue and I'm more interested hearing about GOM.

Forgive me, COP? I don't recognize that acronym. I'm not always able to just stop to dodge roll out (which is annoying) because I'm watching Health Bars. There's no difference to amount of healing received from me since everything is mostly HoTs. Blossom works while I'm faced away and Harvest even works while I'm faced away (except for the stun, but there's nothing to stun in that boss fight)
  18. Delta796th Loyal Player

Circle of Protection in Sorcery
    Sorry we use that usually to gauge distance as it's almost the correct size to gauge Ranged vs mid for DPS.
    So to really answer your question for the healers that rely on HoT's this would be an option. For mix like Sorcery it would probably be difficult as normally you lay COP at edge where tanks and Dps can both touch, then use burst heals like Siphon (has to hit adds to heal) or shard (which targets adds). You could use things like Soul Wells, but they only burst when adds die.

For Electricity it would be even tricker. I use Bio Cap (safety net heal) and Bio Surge together so that would work. Egen is proximity heal, Galvanize is best used in group of players, but my main tank heal is Arc lightning which targets adds.

Can't comment on Celestial since I haven't healed with that for a year or more.
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Sorcery's range is better than Nature's correct?
  20. Delta796th Loyal Player

Don't think so. Ritualistic word is maximum range as is Rejuv (2 and 4 man heal)
    The rest all have some interaction needed (the ones I listed) Shard has to be able to target, COP also, Siphon is short range and Soul Wells are AOE.

I think Nature has it beat in general range.