If you're not gonna get rid of Insectoid form...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Oct 14, 2016.

1. JasonIsley Devoted Player

AM isn't being removed, just the bonus.
    • We are removing advanced mechanics' bonuses.
      • This includes removing the tremendous bonus damage players see when executing the mechanics.
      • This includes removing the enhanced power regeneration that was implemented with advanced mechanics (see the Power section below).
      • This does not impact actual abilities (only the bonus damage). For example, this does not remove combos or pets from the game.
      • This is not a silver bullet, but will be the jumping off point for many new powerset builds.
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

wolf form needs a TAIL!!! how could they create a werewolf form without adding a TAIL? this is not getting in my head :confused:
    • Like x 1
  3. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

A what? 10% bonus is left? Also the powerback regen is clearly stated to be removed and WM powerback, therefore Insects Hive Mind will be altered.

So a 10% healing bonus is nothing when you have 16k resto.

Insect form will be optional like it was pre revamp, people will be able to freely heal in human form now.
  4. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Try them together. It's worked like that a long time.
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Whatever the stats update is doing with it, If it's still the best option for nature healing, guaranteed we're going to keep using it.
  6. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

This is by far the most broken thing in this game. I think nature would be way better if they gave it a tail.
    • Like x 1
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so then its a bug that needs reported gotcha ;)
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

It's a bug yes and I see what u did there
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

changing forms belongs to nature, i like the shape shifting. i like how the bug form looks like (EVEN IF THE COLOR OF THE WINGS... is bugged :p) and i like the werewolf form (please, just give this form a TAIL)

look at the "wolf" skin, it is sooo ugly, looks like a cat or boxer nose, but at least IT HAS A TAIL, and it belongs there.
  10. iClip Committed Player

I mean if your gonna quote developer patch notes/announcements to me with the intent of trying to prove me wrong, at least bother reading the stuff that your quoting. Nature's bug form AM falls in that category of "enhanced power regeneration".
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

First of all, calm yourself. I wasn't trying to point out the mechanic isn't being removed entirely, just adjusted. Adjusted how? I don't freaking know, I'm not psychic and neither are you. I can only speculate from what they're telling us. And I did read the entire thing, I read "enhanced" as merely a choice adjective to describe the ridiculous power back that made controllers optional for most content. And in some instances almost obsolete. So if Insectoid becomes optional, terrific. If still remains a top option for healing, terrific.

MODIFYING POWER AND POWER REGENERATION

We are making modifications to the power regeneration mechanic, so that maintaining your power is more clear and manageable. We want managing your power to be an individual skill and, when in a group, a team skill between you and your controller(s). We are currently prototyping solutions and will fill you in when the solutions get closer to test.
  12. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

So many years and some people still think that insectoid's 60% is not the same as the regular 60% healer's buff.
    Amazing.
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The Insectoid form AM is different than the DPS' AM. I personally don't see a problem with it and Insectoid form needs something different so people actually use it but it should be on par with healing without it. Insectoid form should have power benefits but Human form should have better healing benefits, or something idk. I just hate that ******* skin it's disgusting
    • Like x 1
  14. Acesia Well-Known Player

Oh as if someone already hasnt brought this up. Again I apologize for only being nature for a week on an alt. I DID see a difference between the two- healing for about ticks of 50 with SG in coast city in human form vs about 162 ticks in bug form with the same things set up, same gear, etc. If its not supposed to be doing that, then the numbers + description shouldnt point towards it.

As if the descriptions are ever reliable though~

Because the information that we need from Soul Siphon is simply "Heals you and nearby allies" rather than ever explaining the cone, how much healing or how many ticks. Nothing has ever been clear with the descriptions and that should have been fixed long ago.
  15. iClip Committed Player

Just now getting a chance to reply. But my gut says bug form will be useless. If anything Human form might receive some form of power regeneration based on the complaints on the looks of the bug and the complaints that nature was the only healer with power regeneration....but that's just my gut feeling.
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm partially hoping the same thing. Being trapped in bug mode is such a pain in the *** but I've gotten so dependent on it.
  17. iClip Committed Player

If bug went away today, I would just go to celestial. I just stay nature for the utility. I'm not that great of a heal, I can heal most anything in this game, just not as well as others and I stay nature so if I need to spam I can get away with it better.