The New Harley Quinn - Rerecorded

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Torikumu, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Tbh I like it more than before. I can live with the new version, but I wasn't a fan of the original Harley either. The German Harley VA was great, she's pretty much the only thing I missed when I switched to the English version.

No matter if you like or not, personal insults against the VA aren't appropriate feedback in my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  2. Controller Devoted Player

I prefer the older recordings (the 1:54 clip). The new ones aren't Harley.

Is there some sort of poll out there that made them change her voice? I'd be very interested to see the results of such a poll.

What percentage of players LIKED or DISLIKED the new (1:54 clip) voice?

I'd vote LIKED the new voice.

While not perfect it was more than acceptable to me.
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Bring back Booster Gold as the new voice of Harley!
    • Like x 1
  4. MainMan52 Well-Known Player

#hiretarastrong
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

For the people asking about Tara Strong, she is one of the most prolific voice actors in the business. I highly doubt DBG would be able to afford her.
    • Like x 2
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I don't know what you guys expect. Jen Brown is not a very experienced VA. She has not played that many roles as a VA. So Do not expect an oscar winning performance from her
  7. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

...It's awfull. I don't like the current voice actor one bit. The first attempt was horrible. This is horrible as well, just a different horrible. By now, I think they should simply recast because as a Harley fan, I want to cry when I hear this or the original version of the solo.

EDIT: For clarity, my dislike of the VA is nothing personal and not meant as an insult. I simply don't think she does Harley good.
    • Like x 2
  8. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

I like how this thread of Tori's ended up in drama and criticism...Maybe thats why he made it anyway....Like relax people its just a virtual character and that voice actress is probably new...no need to hate.
  9. megamanzero Loyal Player

still don't like it.
  10. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Maybe they can hire Hynden Walch from The Batman and Assault on Arkham
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Actually, I posted it because it's about upcoming changes/new things and that's kind of my thing.
    • Like x 3
  12. AccelT Well-Known Player

It's more about the fact that threads were made concerning the new voice, at least in those some said they kinda liked it or that it still had some of the character's personality in it, but now... Also, there's a reason (not stated yet) as to why the voice wasn't changed in previous content like when Booster Gold and Wonder Woman were.

After hearing it again I pictured a mix between Harley Quinn and Teen Titans' Raven. Already looked up who did that voice so it kinda makes sense.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree it sounds like she has lost confidence doing the voice. Its flat at times. Some of the pronunciations are off too. I dont wanna be critical of her but just giving my honest opinion.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Well VO actors cost $$$$ ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

She still sucks but not as bad as before.
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I thought her first attempt was good just except when she ended sentences almost yelling. That should instead been more kid like in the ending of sentences. That was my only complaint
    • Like x 2
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Now its not only ugly, but it is also boring.
    • Like x 1
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Hardly Quinn
    • Like x 4
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Well, I experienced them in game today (it's live for those that don't know) and I actually don't mind it. It's better than before. For some reason when I played myself it was better than my experience watching the OP's videos.
  20. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Kind of a push for me, the old one was horrible and an all out assault on the ear drums, not her fault per se, i've seen some batman movies where her harley interpretation was almost identical to those, so maybe thats what she wanted to go with or, was told to.

The new one is a lot more tolerable for me, i don't mind it as much as the other, though it does lack some of that 'harley flavor' we've been spoiled with, and least it not an exaggeration of 'wicked witch' proportions.

So i'll personally take the new over old, give her a bit of time to work with it and maybe she'll catch some of that 'harley flavor' of her own in some later stuff.

Sweet. Sexy. Scary. Crazy. Thats harley.