Halloween Sale and Costume Contest!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Have you been encountering a number of haunts on the streets of Gotham City? What sort of horrors have you seen in the Midnight Masquerade Nightclub? The Witching Hour, DCUO’s Fall Seasonal Event, is only here through Monday, October 31, and to add on to the frighteningly fun festivities, we have two MORE things coming:

STYLE ITEM SALE

Still stressing over your perfect costume? Set your fears aside, because from Friday, October 21, 2016 through Monday, October 31, 2016, most style items in the Marketplace will be ON SALE for 25% off! There’s still plenty of time to get your hands on the perfect look for less for your hero or villain.

COSTUME CONTEST

Once you’ve got your costume all figured out, enter our DCUO Costume Contest! Dress your in-game character in your best Witching Hour-themed costume, snap a screenshot, and see if you win! Entries will be accepted from 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Friday, October 21, 2016 through 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Friday, October 28, 2016. You can enter by uploading your image to our contest site or by following & tweeting to @DCUO using the hashtag #DCUOCostumeContest.

Once the entry submission period ends, it’s time to VOTE! Visit the contest site to vote for your favorite entries between 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Friday, October 28, 2016 through 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Monday, October 31, 2016. You may vote once per entry per day. The top vote getters will move on to the judging phase!

Can your spooky style impress our judging panel? Top vote getters from the Costume Contest will be evaluated by a panel of judges who will pick SIX (6) WINNERS based on Creativity, Originality, and Theme. The winners will each receive one Stabilizer and their choice of either Aura Pack II or 1500 Daybreak Cash/Loyalty Points.

For full rules and to enter or vote, visit the DCUO Costume Contest site here.
    • Like x 7
  2. JustinSiaPogi Active Player

3. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!!
  4. VV Dedicated Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!!*
  5. coco Committed Player

Yea this might be nice if there wasn't an error saying unable to start marketplace.... :) hint hint
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

My birthday costume is gonna bring the house down!
    • Like x 1
  7. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Will there be new collections and stuff added to the time capsules soon? I have all that they can provide and don`t see the point of them for my main anymore. :(
    • Like x 2
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

wow. different setup than last years so i cant attach a photo thru the vita because "file is too small" -_- lame. i won last year. i was prepared to win a second year but oh well. congrats to whoever winds up winning. bummer i get no chance now.
  9. Miak New Player

By "Witching Hour- Themed" do you mean just any kind of Halloween costume?
  10. coco Committed Player

I see the mp is working now. Do have a question: I like these costume contests even though I have never got it together to enter but is it possible to have themed base contests? Just think it would be cool to have is all.
  11. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

If you were trying to enter through the website, then it wasn't open yet (you were about 40 minutes too early. I got an error the first time I tried. It's open now, you should try again...
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

not the problem. i cant attach photos thru psv anymore because its a different setup. therefore i cant enter.
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Did you try uploading screenshot via PS browser?
  14. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

15. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

yeah, i just get errors when i try ps4 browser. cant click on upload image.
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

So do the costumes have to styles from the Halloween vendor and/or marketplace?
  18. Growling Night Active Player

Anyone else having problems uploading .gif files ? Says invalid image , but right before choosing a picture said that .gif is supported.... so i'm confused. The gif file is 2.66mb 720p

Edit: I lowered the resolution to 480p and managed to submit it , good luck to everyone
  19. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

@_@

Really?

You know what...

...Fine.

Super Cali Fragilistic Expialidocious!
    • Like x 1
  20. hrwd Well-Known Player

Is there any way to preview those marketplace items? Some site or something? If I were to purchase something...I'd feel wrong for purchasing something I've no idea what I'm getting or how it looks.